Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here used Minoxidil for a patchy beard?

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ordered a 3 month supply off Amazon, but then I ended up going to CVS and they had it there so I bought it there as well, so now I have a 6 month supply. I've done a little research and there are guys saying they can turn the little blonde "vellus" hairs I think they're called, and make them mature. I have two really bad bald spots on my face, but when looking closely, you can see some small blonde hairs, so my goal is to get to these mature, and hopefully things will look a lot better. I like the scruffy short look, most women find it sexy, but it looks stupid if your **** don't grow in properly. I attached a picture of what I am going for.

Anyway, I started using it last night. Sense then I've done 3 applications so far. I haven't seen any negative side effects. No flaking, or redness or anything. There is a small mild irritation for like the first 5 minutes of putting it on but it quickly subsides. From my research I guess the main ingredient in rogaine was originally used to treat high blood pressure, but then they noticed one of the side effects was increased hair growth, so they do warn people if you have heart issues, but "lucky" for me, I have hypertension/HBP anyway, so I haven't experienced anything unusual. Although I do get a little nervous every time I put it on.

Just wondering if anyone else has used this stuff? I'm using the Minoxidil 5%.. hoping the hair on my face fixes itself in a month or two.

Attachments

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody? I'm about 7 days in. I am seeing a slight difference, but they say it takes 1-3 months to see noticeable results. I still haven't experienced any traumatizing side effects, so I will stay the course for now.. really hoping I can get this stuble to fill in all the way. :)

Billtx49

Reaction score
At your age I wouldn't worry about my beard. It fills in with age with most people. Even though the minox says to wash off hands after application etc. think most of it's benefit comes only on certain areas of the scalp. Not all. No magic cure there.
If a beard doesn't look right for you now at your current age then go for the shaved look.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At your age I wouldn't worry about my beard. It fills in with age with most people. Even though the minox says to wash off hands after application etc. think most of it's benefit comes only on certain areas of the scalp. Not all. No magic cure there.
If a beard doesn't look right for you now at your current age then go for the shaved look.
I'm not really going for a beard, more or less a "stubble" look, like in the picture I attached. I can grow quite well, but I have two bald spots on each side of my face, when looking at me head on it looks like I grow a goatee or something because of it.. from the side, it looks alright, but it just irritates me. I can grow a nice goatee, but I don't like that look.. I really want the stubble look. I know I'm young, and it will probably fill in more as I age, but I really like this look. I've seen some good case studies of guys using minox on their face with really good results.

I don't think it's hurting me any. I am not having any bad side effects, I'm not breaking out or anything. If anything, I feel a lot less calmer when I use it, probably because of the lowered blood pressure benefits. If it works, awesome.. if not.. well, then I guess I'm out all the money that I spent on it.. but no risk no reward I guess.

I get what you're saying though.. it's just when I do shave my face, I look like a little kid.. kind of a baby face.. I don't want to be called "cute", I want to be called "sexy", if that make any sense.. I get a lot more compliments with my stuble.. I'm just really self conscience about the bald spots right now.

Billtx49

Reaction score
You cant fight your natural genetic profile. Some changes happen with age, some don't.
When in doubt, always err on the side of being realistic

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been using it for my hair and after about a month I started to see something on once bald spots, after 2 months I can see small hair growing in all areas while hairloss almost ceased.

Regarding your question I had a small zone under my sideburns which was as not as crowded as the others so every day after I was done putting in on my head I put a little bit in that area.

After 2 months that area is matching the surrounding one and once the process begun it has been possible to see the improvement almost day by day.

Beware however that if you put it in your face the systemic effect will happen more easily so you may get a little hairy also in other districts, in my case forearms are getting thicker hair.

Personally Im more interested about what I want in my life rather than what my genetics involves, just like I fully support hardgainers running roids to get even I also support guys who wants a beard yet cant grow one, my suggestion is to go for it there is nothing wrong in trying to get what you could have get with a decent genetics.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: Seeing a lot more blonde "vellus" hairs appearing in the "problem" area. Also noticed a couple maturing, getting darker. Still too early to say if it's a result of the minoxidil, but I do feel like the areas where I was already growing hair are a lot thicker and coarser. So far I like the results, and I'm going to continue using it.

RoKKo

Don Juan
Reaction score
What helped for my beard grows where two things (at the same time so i cannot say for sure which one gave better results): Shaving with a safety razor instead of a system razor (i.e. merkur safety razor) and working out till total exhaustion. Maybe it helped for the filling by letting it grow a little longer before you shave. I also did massaging the gaps after the shower. Dunno if this will work on anybody or is just imagination or plain luck. Whatever it was, for me it worked. However, it took some time (approximately 4 years of time when i began shaving with the safety razor).