Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here on long term testosterone therapy?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Damn that scared me. I recently got a full blood work and the doc said everything looked fine. Would too many red cells show up in such a test?
Yes a CBC test...RDW, Hematocrit and Hemoglobin levels are what to look for being too high.

You might not get it, not everyone does. I do unfortunately.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes a CBC test...RDW, Hematocrit and Hemoglobin levels are what to look for being too high.

You might not get it, not everyone does. I do unfortunately.
Do you mean yes it would have been in there? The doc mentioned my red blood cells but he never said count. But it was for my physical, full blood work, liver, thyroid, etc

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Do you mean yes it would have been in there? The doc mentioned my red blood cells but he never said count. But it was for my physical, full blood work, liver, thyroid, etc
You should always get a copy of your labs. Always. You need to know what is going on with your body. If you go to Quest, you can sign up on their site and get the results to look at. They will email you when they are ready or you can use their app.

Look for those and if they are marked as high on the labs

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a bunch of bull. Unless it is at a steroid level dosage which is like 4 or 5 times the dose you would be taking.

I wouldn't talk to them about it. They clearly are clueless to how that works. If anything, at elevating it to normal range, it has a calming effect.
You want to either see an endocrinologist or a doctor that specializes in hormone replacement therapy.

I have used both the pellets that get inserted into your hip fat and last for 3-4 months(testopel) and injections. I wouldn't use the cream...it can have negative effects on females because it can rub off onto them and increase their hormonal levels. It also doesn't work nearly as well and tends to aromatize heavily.

Speaking of that..I would make sure to take aromasin/exemestane to keep your Estradiol levels in check. I tend to aromatize more heavily than normal and exogenous T seems to naturally aromatize more than endogenous T to begin with. This keeps your Estradiol(estrogen) levels in check. Definitely do not want them too high. Mid 20s is a good place for them. Make sure they give you aromasin and NOT arimidex. There is a big difference and I could write a lot about it but I don't have the energy to right now. Just trust me on that one. Aromasin, not Arimidex.

I take Vitamin D regularly...10,000 IUs daily. It's the key to your immune system and literally regulates almost everything in your body. Depending on where you live sun exposure only generates enough vitamin D for a few months of the year during the peak summertime months. The further north you live from the equator (or south), the fewer months that you will be able to get adequate vitamin D from the sun. Interestingly, you can determine how far north or south a person's ancestors were by their skin. People with very fair skin that burn easily are from far north/south climates where the body maximized the amount of vitamin D taken in because of the weak sunlight. Darker skinned people lived in areas where it acted as a barrier to sunlight so they wouldn't overproduce Vitamin D. People who are darker skinned that live in Northern climates are in for a world of health issues if they don't regularly supplement with Vitamin D because they aren't getting enough from the sun no matter how much they are out in it.
Gonna try to find that kind of doc. It was a waste of money with that nutrologist.

About Vitamin D I started back to get 20 min of sun exposure in the morning and 10 min max after lunch. I can see that my body is thanking me for that. Cause I use to work on a dark room without light and as I work mainly on computer/home office I mostly don't go out during the day.

Another thing I remembered was about creatin... Do you ever used it, recommend for training? When I used to took it, it gave me insane boost and energy... Was the time I worked out pretty hard and was starting to get a lot of muscle. But I was very affraid about getting fat with that... As I know now that this was not true. Maybe I should try it again to help increasing my performance with calisthenics.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calories in calories out is a terrible paradigm to get as this says you can eat just enough snickers bars to reach you calories limit day in and day out.

There are metabolic consequences. Huge consequences.

A few years ago I was at around 300 mg/dl on my blood test. Now I am close to 900 mg/dl.
when the test came in it said “abnormal”. At first I thought my testosterone dropped even more until I read it. It said my testosterone was too high.

In 1950’s this would have been normal range but the bar has been lowered to show the average Male in 2021. This should throw up a serious flag.
I have attached my test for inspection…
I am doing NO enhancement shots or implants.
Testosterone is a metabolic issue.
Calories in and calories out without metabolic evaluation of that food is a death sentence. So yes it’s true and no it’s not true.
Those are interesting points. For sure if you keep CICO even losing weight but eating crap your body won't get healthy.

I think CICO applies pretty well eating healthy foods.

About the testo exam, did you get this value naturally or are you doing testo therapy?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Gonna try to find that kind of doc. It was a waste of money with that nutrologist.

About Vitamin D I started back to get 20 min of sun exposure in the morning and 10 min max after lunch. I can see that my body is thanking me for that. Cause I use to work on a dark room without light and as I work mainly on computer/home office I mostly don't go out during the day.

Another thing I remembered was about creatin... Do you ever used it, recommend for training? When I used to took it, it gave me insane boost and energy... Was the time I worked out pretty hard and was starting to get a lot of muscle. But I was very affraid about getting fat with that... As I know now that this was not true. Maybe I should try it again to help increasing my performance with calisthenics.
Creatine is one of the few supplements that has had multiple studies done that support it's usage.

It volumizes the muscle by pulling water into it, and a volumized muscle is a stronger muscle. It has been shown to boost performance in terms of weight capacity by about 10% which is nothing to sneeze at.

I'd also be supplementing with Vitamin D3...10,000 IUs a day. It's cheap and effective. You want your levels to be in the 70-80 range. The same way being "in range" at the low range of testosterone might as well be out of range in terms of health impact, it's also true with vitamin D. Being in the low range is just as bad health wise as being out of range.

Get your levels checked regularly, it's super important and it's a simple blood test.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should always get a copy of your labs. Always. You need to know what is going on with your body. If you go to Quest, you can sign up on their site and get the results to look at. They will email you when they are ready or you can use their app.

Look for those and if they are marked as high on the labs
Is this an American thing? I’m Canadian

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Is this an American thing? I’m Canadian
Quest is...where do you get your labs done? Do you go to a hospital or is there an outside company (ie, Quest Diagnostics) that does blood tests?

Either way you should be able to easily get a copy of your results I would imagine.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quest is...where do you get your labs done? Do you go to a hospital or is there an outside company (ie, Quest Diagnostics) that does blood tests?

Either way you should be able to easily get a copy of your results I would imagine.
Ok well I’ll look into it thanks