Anyone here military?

amnbyrd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering if there were any other ppl on here in the active duty military. And if being in the military makes a difference on your game with girls, keeping in mind that you might only be in an area for a short amount of time.

amnbyrd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean when it comes to girls do you do anything differently seeing how you may not be in the area for too long? I just graduated from my tech school and theres ppl who've only known each other for a few weeks and have gotten married. So should anything be treated differently or should you just do things the same for the most part.

Warbler

Don Juan
Reaction score
The military helps but if your lame , you still wont get laid.
If really helps your cofidence though.

amnbyrd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I meant more like when it comes to relationships and being in the military how do you go about being with someone but knowing you could be leaving soon. Do you just go into a relationship and tell the girl to just see where things go? Or what? I mean how do you look at things-like do you even bother knowing you might not be in the area for too long?

Warbler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man. I'm in a good relationship but it really really sucks at the same time. In the USMC (infantry) you are always busy training and have very little time to go home unless your stationed near home.

My advice would be to break up with her before you join. Most every Marine I know is married or just get a different piece of ass every weekend. the worst feeling in the world is always having the thought of who your girl back home is screwing. I dont know how the other branches are though , I'd think it would be the same for them too,

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warbler hit it. I did 4 years in the USMC infantry. I was in the field 27 nights per month. I spent close to 2 years over seas. I never stayed in one place for more than a few weeks at a time.

Do not even think about relationships in tthis situation. They will make you MISERABLE! If your are faithful you'll miss out on a few good times and you'll be worried about your girl banging somebody else (she will be. no doubt.) If your not faithful you'll feel guilty and you'll still worry about your girl banging somebody else.

And when your 1000 miles away it's lonely and no matter how busy you are you spend alot of time in your own head. This is not good if your thinking about your girl and even worse when you get the letter. Either a letter from her ending it or from one of your buds telling you shes f^cking every guy in town.

Now, OTOH, if you're just joining another branch or going for a more rear echelon oriented job then it's no different than any other 9-5 job except your woman will be surrounded by a ratio of 500 guys to every girl, some of wich will have more game and be better looking than you. Choose your woman well and don't trust her for a minute.

Just so you know, i was never scorned by a woman while I was in. I am not speaking as a bitter mysoganist. I'm speaking as a smart observant person who watched these scenarios unfold countless times by guys who though their girl/relationships were somehow "different."

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm Navy.

One of my friends (he's Army) had his girlfriend dump him this year because he's in the military. Thing is, he had almost two more years left here at the Royal Military College (think West Point) and except for a few months of summer training, he was going to be here all the time. Just imagine if he'd been deployable.

I think it helps the game, if only because of confidence; it seems especially true for those who have done tours: being somewhere where people want to kill you and where you could die at any moment puts things back in the proper perspective, I'd assume. Between confidence and the sense of humour everyone seems to develop (to cope with all the bullcrap), the game gets a lot better.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but that's because the Air Force is basically civvies with blue clothes. :p

Just had to throw in a bit of interservice (and international) rivalry.