Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone Here Have Dominance Issues With Managers At Work?

Roulette

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone else here ever have dominance issues with managers at work? It's not so much a "problem with authority" or an "attitude problem" but more an inability to let others insult or talk down to me (personally).

I'll give you an example as to what provoked this thread: I just started a new job (been there a month and a half). It'll do me over until I'm completely done University 5 months from now so it's not of any long term importance.

Anyway, the head manager of the store who I rarely ever see, randomly called me over yesterday. He basically very rudely stated I was wearing the wrong type of shoes and said my pants were gross. He then made a very rude joke about me modeling (I don't even know how he found that out) in front of another lower level manager.

I was totally taken of guard by his comments because I never really spoke to him before. When I picked my jaw up off the floor I firmly asked if he had just made fun of me. I told him that until he grows up, the conversation is over and walked away. Then he yelled something out about me staring him down (?).

Personally I'm not very worried as it's just a student job (unionized also).

Have any of you guys had similar problems with immature managers trying to unfairly dominate you to feel superior?

Kudos,
Matt

Last edited:

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah all the time, thats why i work for myself now. there will always be some insecure 40 year old prick who hates life because hes still working retail making $12 an hour who abuses his authority.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I trained my own manager. 'Nuff said.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, nice comeback

Seriously, if the manager is that much of a dumbass, they probably have a high turnover rate and will hesitate to fire people. If you do get canned, consider it fate. Don't fret over things you can't control.

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, you'll find it in a lot of workplaces - they want to feel superior (particularly if they feel threatened by you for some reason e.g. looks, youth, intelligence, education).

You did fine. A typical solution is to tell them that the conversation is over until they apologise. Don't take their sh1t, it can be career limiting but you get to keep your self respect. The more level headed ones who aren't trying to be jerkoffs but are just used to getting away with being arrogant will actually respect you for it. (At the other end you have the sociopath type, you can deflect them by giving as good as you get and they may learn to leave you alone, but they'll resent you standing up to them).