"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Anyone here go to clubs, but doesn't dance?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
There are SOME clubs that are more like a big party than a place specifically devoted to dance. I mean, they have a dance floor but often it's a bunch of people moving around, drinking, and talking. I've found mixed success in places like this, but some of them are just pretty cool to hang out at.

That being said, most clubs center around dancing. It's best to just learn to dance. I'm the furthest thing from a Backstreet Boy there is when it comes to dancing, but I can move my hips to the music and that's really all you need to know. Demonstrate SOME rhythm and don't go do something outrageous to try to look like you know what you're doing.

But if you're there with friends it really doesn't matter. Just have fun. :) And if you DO dance, don't drink too much. I've made that mistake many a time...you start bumping into people on the dance floor and that can get awkward. :eek:
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Dark Nimbus

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
492
Reaction score
3
Location
3110
Haha, oh man, this topic got me thinking back to how I learned to dance at clubs. I wanted to kill my friend for doing this to me, but he'd be like "let's go over there and watch the girls dance" and start walking through the tight dance floor. All of a sudden he stops dead center in the action and starts dancing, leaving me to fend for myself on a packed dance floor. It didn't take me long to bust out some retarded moves, but hell, I was having fun even though I'm rhythmically challenged. Eventually thanks to my a$$hole friend who kept doing this sh1t to me, I've even been one of the first guys on the dance floor getting things started, haha.

I still can't dance that well, but I've improved a lot and actually enjoy going to clubs on occasion just to dance. There are days I just can't get myself into it though, like the last time I went. I just bought a bottle of water and stood around for a few hours watching people dance and getting checked out by girls and having girls practically grind into me. I didn't even circulate around, I just stood in the same place watching, and I doubt anyone thought I looked like a freak. If you're not comfortable dancing then don't, although when a good song gets played at least try to move a bit to the music. Don't worry if you look stupid or not, as long as you're having fun.
 
Top