Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

anyone here a model?

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im a little bit interested in getting into modeling for a little extra money, im a pretty good looking guy ive been told...

what do i do?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was scouted to participate in a modelling competition a few weeks ago. The finalists will go to a big gala sponsored by cosmetic and fashion companies (L'oreal is one I remember), where there will be scouts from modelling agencies.

You can attend one of these galas whenever they're in your area, but usually you have to pay. Alternatively I guess you could just keep a look out for competitions.

I've been told it's quite rare to be scouted for these things while out and about, but I apparently have the "right look" and was just in the right place at the right time. I don't expect to go any further though, nor do I think I could handle being a model, but I'm happy with the compliment.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im not really a 'model' but have done 2 jobs in my life because my dads a photgrapher and the client needed a model so i was used.

its really good pay, you get like £50-£70 an hour although dont expect to be working 9-5, 5 days a week:p

young models that are still in school will be lucky to get a copule of hours a month.

to get in to modeling is not hard, just look for local modeling agencies in your area, you could search google or the yellow pages.

I do not know how much it costs but it is affordable, basicly they take photos of you which go in the broucher and go out to people looking for models and if they like you they contact you through the agency (the agency ussaly takes a cut of your profit, aobut 10%) the aggency should also train you on how to model well.

P.S for better success register with a few agencies.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The first thing you have to do is build a portfolio, which contains your "range", (brooding, sexy, colour, Black and white etc). This must be shown to any potentil clients.

Hope that helps.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Also you want to make sure you include both head shots and body shots, in both colour and b/w. And when showing people your portfolio, most people will put just a head shot of b/w as the 'cover' or at least very first picture in the portfolio.

It'll cost you a decent amount in the initial investment (I say a decent amount because compared to MY salary, it IS a decent chunk 'o change), cause good quality shots are not cheap. But get good quality ones.

Alexi

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yip yip...

hmm... I have been doing modeling for the past 2 or 3 years, and yes, the pay really IS great;) ...

Like WesCottII said, u will need a port folio in order to start... then u take that port-folio to different agencies and hope that they accept you... its as simple as that... I payed about R2000 for my port folio ( £200 - £250 roughly ) and then ur good to go.

P.S.: Dont get a CHEAP prot folio done, u want your port folio to bereally good, seeing as though THAT is what determanes if you get into the agency or not.

I normally get a shoot once every month or 2 and i get payed between R2000 up to round about R24 000.. which is really nice.

But you also need to know that modeling isnt as EASY as people make it out to be, its hours of work and can really get irrtating at times Eg: standing in the sun for 6 hours and doing different poses etc, and NOT stop untill u get the "perfect" picture. But all in all, its great fun and a nice experiance... so go for it, and good luck;)

Laterz...

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The only encounter I had in the modeling world was when I was younger (about 21) some lady approached me at a bar and asked me to try some photo shoots at a local modeling agency.

I was quite flattered but I never followed through.

I think it is a transitory and short lived career for most people and I certainly would not consider it to be other than an interesting experience.