Anyone have the Push-Up Pros?

eldafar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, I look down on this kind of equipment.

If you're willing to spend 50 dollars, get yourself a good dipping belt and do weighted dips. That is, if the goal is getting more of a challenge.

However, if you just want to do pushups, then stop trying to buy crap and just do the ****ing pushups. There are many pushup variations that are designed to make pushups harder without you actually needing to use anything extra. This kind of stuff is born out of consumerism, laziness and idiocy.

Now, some people have wrist problems so they can't do many pushups flat with palms flat on the floor. If you've got wrist problems, then try different variations (on knuckles, on bars or whatnot).

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eldafar said:
Honestly, I look down on this kind of equipment.
Who cares what you look down on?

You made no good points against these devices.

They're useful for in the home. Who does dips in their home? I sure as hell have no dipping station or weights in my apartment and i shouldn't have to go to the gym to do a brief workout.

what's wrong with making an exercise less annoying when it doesn't make the exercise less effective?

eldafar

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are ways to have more effective pushups without buying equipment.

Is that enough of a point?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and you could just wear jeans and a flannel shirt to the gym without buying extra clothes but they're less convenient.

or you could put various jugs of water attached to your normal belt for dips rather than buying a dipping belt and weights. or have your friend/baby mama/kid brother climb onto your back while you dip. But that's sorta inconvenient too.

and you could eat soup without having to go buy a spoon.

You are just so far off with the "laziness" and "idiocy" comment.

newstart

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have the room(or money) for a good weight set. At the moment I'm not concerned with bulking up. I'm looking to drop about ten pounds and get more definition. I have done normal push-ups(in every way possible) for years. Doing push-ups flat-handed isn't very effective. Doing them on my fists gets to be uncomfortable. So I dropped $20 for more comfort. Shoot me. Surprisingly, I got a hell of a lot more than comfort. They work much better than ANY standard push-up. Don't rag on something you've never tried.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My plan all along was to get a big chest that's why I bought the perfect pushup. I'm too busy for the gym (and don't like gyms) and I don't have space at home for anything else. I thought that it would take me too long to work out my whole body and if I could just get a bigger chest that would make my overall look better and give me some confidence. I bought the perfect pushup a couple months back. Last week I got my first compliment (friend asked me if I been working out, said cause I got a big chest lol).

You won't get results overnight but if you are more dedicated than I am (for some time i forgot about the thing for weeks, then you will have a bigger chest a lot faster. I never done anything but the standard pushup I never really followed the guide to all the different kinds of pushups or the work out plan cause im too lazy.

This little device has really given me a lot of confidence i feel like I can get a Bruno Sammartino type chest if I keep it up! I do about 60 or so pushups everynight before going to bed.

In summary if you don't have time for gyms, don't like gyms, and are looking to get a bigger chest than this device is for you. You won't see results overnight but if you dedicate yourself to doing this like the workout manual suggest you should be fine (I never followed it and i got results). For the $20 or so bucks i spent on it it was well worth the price in me finally achieving what I always wanted (a big manly chest which girls love) and the confidence boost that goes along with that.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
My plan all along was to get a big chest that's why I bought the perfect pushup. I'm too busy for the gym (and don't like gyms) and I don't have space at home for anything else. I thought that it would take me too long to work out my whole body and if I could just get a bigger chest that would make my overall look better and give me some confidence. I bought the perfect pushup a couple months back. Last week I got my first compliment (friend asked me if I been working out, said cause I got a big chest lol).

You won't get results overnight but if you are more dedicated than I am (for some time i forgot about the thing for weeks, then you will have a bigger chest a lot faster. I never done anything but the standard pushup I never really followed the guide to all the different kinds of pushups or the work out plan cause im too lazy.

This little device has really given me a lot of confidence i feel like I can get a Bruno Sammartino type chest if I keep it up! I do about 60 or so pushups everynight before going to bed.

In summary if you don't have time for gyms, don't like gyms, and are looking to get a bigger chest than this device is for you. You won't see results overnight but if you dedicate yourself to doing this like the workout manual suggest you should be fine (I never followed it and i got results). For the $20 or so bucks i spent on it it was well worth the price in me finally achieving what I always wanted (a big manly chest which girls love) and the confidence boost that goes along with that.
My question is, what does the device add to the pushup that could give you extra gains over the gains from a regular pushup? The weight is still the same. My only logical explanations is that, one, it's easier on the joints up and down the arm, and two, it encourages you to do the pushups.

If you have the willpower and good joints, then I agree completely with eldafar. I do not see mrruckus's point. The bottom line is, do the pushups.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
My question is, what does the device add to the pushup that could give you extra gains over the gains from a regular pushup? The weight is still the same. My only logical explanations is that, one, it's easier on the joints up and down the arm, and two, it encourages you to do the pushups.
You can always go to the website and find out more about it but let me say this. When I first got the perfect pushup i could barely do 5-10 perfect pushups. At that time I could doing 20+ regular pushups no problem. There is a difference. You are getting more bang for the buck (more for every pushup)