Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone have experience with starting an internet business

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have got somes ideas that I think would translate well into an internet based business. However, I dont even know where to start. I am completely retarded in the area of creating a website. Where should I start looking? ARe there any books I can read about internet business. Anyone have any success or failure stories they have experienced or seen in an internet business.

Thanks

wordism

Don Juan
Reaction score
you can learn html get dreamweaver, and design a layout but it might take some time to make a easy to navigate nice looking website. Depending on what your selling or plan to. Ebay might be the way to go. If not you could get somebody else to design your site. A internet business can go very well.. or can be a disapointment.
Remember you have to treat it like a real business at all times to succeed. You have to promote and grow.
Go to the link below for more tips:
http://www.entrepreneur.com/ebusiness/0,6292,,00.html

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks. I took a brief look at your site and looks pretty professional. Would you mind if I pmed you occasionally if I have some questions in the future?

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to start a web design business, or want a site designed for your internet biz?

Myself, i'm a designer, and I wouldn't really suggest jumping into the former unless design is "your thing", alternately you could become more of a developer, and there's definetly plenty of work available...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a graphic designer, so i do have some insightful things to tell you.

First off, a great way for beginners to start up and internet store or business is Yahoo! small business. Go to the site, you can probably find the link to sign up, they'll send you an install cd and manual. A lot of online business actually use yahoo site builder, and many are quite successful. The downside is like a $50 monthly fee (depending on the traffick limit you set).

Anyway i work for bottle-less water cooler company. before the summer my boss asked me to use the Yahoo small business system to set up an online store. Took me almost a week, (and requires no html/script knowledge. But using their provided template and some of my own techniques, the store was up. You input the prices, weight, shipping,adddress, details, checkout all through a secure yahoo site that's organized. And you create the site separately either with their program or dreamweaver, etc. And you link the site to interact with the secure yahoo site and pulls information from there. The store sold water filters, sink filters, water coolers, showerheads, showerfilters.

The online store was a separate division from his usual business that usually sells through advertising and phone calls. But i did my best, and shortly after 6 months, the site was taken down. Since no one really made orders. A shame really, the checkout and everything worked perfectly.

Why was it taken down? well im sure people visited the site based on what i saw. but people are rarely willing to buy from a company that's unheard of. The products on our site is practically available anywhere else. In addition, it could have been advertised extensively more, but he chose not to. at best i put it on search engines, even that didnt help much. Since i used a template to make the site, it wasnt exactly 100% appealing, but it did look good.

So anyway good luck. I'd probably say starting a regular business is easier than an online one.
The only recent one where i've seen has risen from teh ashes as a nobody to a somebody is www.overstock.com. Im sure you've seen their commercials on tv recently. When they were a nobody, their site looked pretty ****ty...but now it's nice as ever.

Aside from teh site, the actual business does much better. Because we use real forms of marketing like advertising and telemarketers and sales executives. Im not saying it's impossible to succeed with an online business, but im saying your chances of success is probably higher with a real business. In the end, it's all about getting the word out that your business exists.