Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone have experience switching from cars to electric bikes? What can you say about it?

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
It's something that I've been thinking about for a while. I think it'd be good for me.

Billtx49

Reaction score
With top speeds only in the 20/30 mph range, stay on the sidewalks …
Motorcycles can be dangerous on the road, but a slow bike will be even more so …

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of electric bikes the past year...probably at least 3-4 times a week as I am out driving.

I don't think I would be on one of those going that fast with minimal protection...seems like a good way to get seriously injured even if it's not your fault with the way cars don't see bikes many times.

djreez88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 3 but I stay in a rural area and use them for exercise. Our infrastructure in the U.S just isn't set up well enough for me to fully replace my car though. On top of that vehicles just don't respect you no matter the speed

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Electric bikes no, motorcycles yes. I'd definitely stay away from e-bikes.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cyclists should have their own lane like mentally challenged people at the supermarket so no one will waste time and patience cause of them.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I own an Ebike...and Yes I agree. Stay away from the expressway and highways....

But if you're using it for only rural driving and short distances to go to the store or something, then it's definitely useful.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Verengada,
I am going to buy one soon,definitely a "Step Through"(No Cross Bar")I can't work out the best buy on the Market,should it be Front Wheel Drive,Back wheel or Axle driven?have you or any of the experts any suggestions on the best make please?

djreez88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Verengada,
I am going to buy one soon,definitely a "Step Through"(No Cross Bar")I can't work out the best buy on the Market,should it be Front Wheel Drive,Back wheel or Axle driven?have you or any of the experts any suggestions on the best make please?
Depends on what you're using it for. I'd recommend checking out the rad power line of bikes though for the best customer service. I have a blix vika +, rattan 750, and a gotrax ebe2

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Djreez88,
Thanks for your response....I will use my bike to access the network of dedicated cycle paths we have in my town,shopping,entertainment,exercise,all at my back gate...Paradoxically no Ebikes,I haven't seen one for months so maintenance is down to me and a small bike shop 12miles away...I had the use of a converted mountain bike with a front wheel drive and a huge lead acid 36V battery on the back,very heavy and cumbersome,I did my own mechanical work accessing parts on the Internet....You have much experience,grateful if you could advise which you consider best for my style of biking, front wheeldrive,backwheel or axle driven...Thanks for your help.

djreez88

Don Juan
Reaction score
No problem. Looks like you already have experience tinkering, so you won't have too much trouble servicing which ever you choose. Back wheel should be more than enough. Front drive would only really be needed seriously if you're going to use it for mountain climbing. Mid drive from what I've read is more for riders that wanna climb a lot of hills and they are a little bit more pricey. Another recommendation would be the letric line of bikes. They are cheap and get the job done much as any other budget ebike on the market today. They released the cheapest mid drive I've seen just a couple months ago.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I have 3 but I stay in a rural area and use them for exercise. Our infrastructure in the U.S just isn't set up well enough for me to fully replace my car though. On top of that vehicles just don't respect you no matter the speed
You can pretty much guarantee if you ride long enough you are going to have a very scary incident with a car at least once...

Bike lanes are super narrow and people don't pay attention...doesn't take much to send a bike rider flying 20 feet in the air.

I'd only ride them in places where cars are prohibited or on very calm side streets