Anyone dye their BLACK hair? need help

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i have jet black hair, i hate the way no matter what I do to it shows zero texture since it reflects no light... i guess if it were straight it might be cool but its pretty wavy/messy.

So Im thinkin id like to lighten it to a medium reddish brown/mahogany/whatever as long as its lighter.

I was just gonna go with the Maxim Mahogany mojo one that i had seen in a magazine but nobody seems to carry the Maxim stuff anymore? So I had to look through all the women dyes, and they had about a million different shades, i couldn't really pick.. to top it off EVERY box showed results on brown hair... whats up with that? "If you have black hair it will look different" well duh, a pic would help

So for anyone who has black hair and has found a good medium brownish/mahogany dye could you pass along the name of the product?

Laney

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try and get one of those dyes that gives a blueish tint to black hair?

Might look alright, depends on you though! But it would fairly deffinately give you abit of reflection of light in your hair, assuming you keep it clean and shiney anyway... (Shampoo and conditioner!).

I've always found that my hair looks best after a couple of days of just rinsing it with water after i've shampoo'd it though, probably just the natural oils building up...

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I swim a lot. And basically, my hair is kinda bleached from the chlorine. It's a dark brown, but not like pure brown you know. However, you definitely know it isn't pure black. Lots of people find it weird an Asian guy has brown hair.