Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anybody use a PDA for the internet?

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering if you have used a Palm or Windows CE device with the wireless internet.

I don't have one, but would like to get one. Some of the newer ones are pretty neat. The IPAQ that works as a cell phone sounds really neat.

They have a deal through T-Mobile that would allow wireless internet access I'm guessing. Can just see myself at a coffee house with wireless and posting on here as I chat with girls.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend has a Sony PDA with wireless 801 something.

It works ok, he can watch stuff with it and send emails... etc. But for the price, I'd buy a used laptop.

Caesar20

Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on what your needs are...
if you'd require sth to manage your (many) daily tasks, calendar, appointments..., then get a PDA.

if you require only internet access outside of your house (like in a dorm or sth where you don't have internet access/ computer), then buy a laptop and additional wireless pcmcia card (quite cheap).

but note, wireless access (also described as standard 802.11b (g) or wi-fi) is by far not available just anywhere (airports, some trendy bars maybe, internet caffees...) and is more expensive then a cable/ DSL line.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I have the laptop already. Was hoping to get the PDA for other uses and as a cellphone if I get one of the combos.

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
My friend has a PDA thats a cellphone, the old sprint one... works nice a little slow....

Wait a while they'll have cellphone(like the picture phones)that spin around click back so they look like a PDA use the syluss and everything.Very cool...

Saw it at a Sprint Exibition a few years back... Only $200 in Japan at the time

figure with priceratio/*n to the fifth with a negative market... and the fact that were in America.... about $10,000 lol... now just imagine medicine. :p

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Capi Crimini
Wait a while they'll have cellphone(like the picture phones)that spin around click back so they look like a PDA use the syluss and everything.Very cool...
Sad thing is that they've had in it europe for more than a year now. :rolleyes:

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
T-mobile has one, and they also run wireless networking at places like Borders. I'm guessing the wireless internet is a separate and additional charge above and beyond the phone contract though.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just bought a laptop and a wifi card and i am now in my car in a mcdonalds carpark. this is cool but the price they charge is a ripoff - its like $5 for 15 minutes.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still haven't bought one. But maybe when I get a new cell phone.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a Pocket PC, the Ipaq 3115, and its totally awesome.

I wouldnt recommend it for heavy internet use though, its not that great for that purpose, though if you just want to check some web based e-mail or read a news article or something while you're at school (if you have wifi) or something that is fine.

I use my Pocket PC mostly as an mp3 player, just added a 1 GB SD card to it and I got tons of music on it. I also keep track of my schedule and contacts and all that PDA stuff. It's pretty neat.

And as far as DJing goes, if you have a Pocket PC then you don't need pen and paper because it has a note program that lets you just write on it as if it was paper, which is perfect for jotting down numbers and e-mail addresses.