Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anybody See Superman?

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
I can usually tell if a movie adaption of a comic is going to suck or not. The first initation of a crappy movie adaption is whether or not, the character is in costume. I had a really good feeling about Spiderman when I saw that he was going to be in classic red and blue suit. For some reason only Superman and Spiderrman are the only characters that get to wear their costumes. Though Captain America and FF were in their classic uniforms in their orignal cluster **** movie adaptions.

Yu see if the directors and screenwriters will stick to the established story lines and continuty. For example, the main reason why the Spidey films worked so well is that they didn't stray to far from the characters orgins. So when Spidey had organic webbing as opposed to the mechanical web shooters, you looked past it because the movie was so good. I still don't like the end sequence with Spidey, the Green Goblin, and Mary Jane on the 59th St. Bridge. We all know what the inspiration for that scene was. Personally instead of having Kristen Dunst dye her red, it would have been better to cast her as Gwen Stacy and at the end of the first movie have the Green Goblin push her off of the Brooklyn Bridge. Then when Spidey goes to save her, have the webbing snap her neck from the "bungy code effect," that would've been sick.

On the other hand, the reason why the Batman movies bricked so hard is that the screenwriters and directors, namely Joel Shumacher's faggot ass, got away from what Batman/Bruce Wayne is namely the world's greatest detective. Batman isn't about gadets and super villians, Batman is about this crazy guy that through the force of seer will, trained himself to become a crime fighter to avenage his parents' death. I saw Hostel the other day. When I saw the movie I realized that Hostel would've made a great Batman movie. Imagine it taking place in Gotham City. The Joker ( or some other nutcase) gets this great idea to have a place where people can toture other human beings for a fee. Throw in Bruce Wayne's love interest becoming a victim of this place, and you have the classic Batman film.

Which brings us to Superman. Superman isn't the easier character in the world to adopt to film. Namely because his rogues ( fanboy speak for villians) are garbage. Supes only have four decent villians. Lex Luthor, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Doomsday, and maybe Metallo. Part of what makes a superhero great is his rogues. Which is my Batman is the greatest character of all time. He has the best rogues, and the rogues that would make the easiest transition from comics to film, if the screen writers would only stick to established continuity.

Anway, Doomsday would work because he "killed," Superman. This would have to be the last movie in the series. Metallo works because he's a cyborg with kytronite heart. How do you beat a guy that's powered by the one thing that can kill you? Mxyzptlk works because he he isn't the sterotypical villian. He isn't in for world conquest or monitary gain. He's in it due to boredom. He comes from the 5th Dimenision simply to **** with Superman and to give himself something to do. You can have a whole movie with him ****ing with Superman and Superman trying to get him to say his name backwards to send him back to where hence he came. This plot could work if written properly.

Which brings us to one of the greatest villians of all time Lex Luthor. Despite the fact that Superman has powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, he can't touch Lex. Luthor is a billionaire with vast power and resources. The impetus of Luthor's loathing of Supes is due to the fact that Superman arrested him for jeopardizing the lives of guests during a hostage situtation on his yacht. Luthor held back his security team to see what "Supes could do in person." Then Supes rejected his offer to be on the LexCorp payroll. Add insult to injury, "When Luthor protest Mayor Berkowitz about not being arrested because he was the "most powerful man, in Metropolis," the mayor responded with "not anymore Lex." When Lex got out of jail, with wasn't very long, he confronted Superman and told him he was going to kill him, and eveybody was going to know he (Luthor) killed him, but nobody would be able to prove it.

The following scenerio would've worked in the revival of the Superman franchise. Out of all the scripts for potential Superman movies, why was this one picked? The first two movies where cool, but nothing you would want to tie a new movie into.

Then Supes was COMPLETELY OUT OF CHARACTER!!! Clark Kent WOULD, NEVER, NEVER, EVER, use his powers to spy on Lois Lane. It's completely against his morals and values. In addition if he was in that deep of a relationship, he just wouldn't of left for five yrs.

The most of ergegious of all this bull**** is "SuperKid." Superman doesn't have a kid. It doesn't work.

Once I saw who was playing Supes. I knew something was wrong. Brandon Routh doesn't have the build to be Superman. Then I saw the "S" on the belt buckle, then I heard Brando footage was included. Once I heard that this movie was going to be tied into the pervaious series and that there was a "SuperKid," I knew this movie was going to suck.

Then there's the blanant "reaching for the female demographic aspects to this movie. Why was there a need to reach out to the female demographic?

I'm just glad I didn't pay money to see this movie. I view it on a VERY BAD bootleg DVD. The only good parts to this movie seems to be, the airplane sequence.

Oh well, there's Spidey next year. But even the reaible Spidey series has me worried, it's "villian heavy," and they decided for some reason to put him in a black version of the red and blue suit as opposed to the black suit with the white spider. Unless I heard something totally crazy, I'll be there opening weekend.

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I saw it, I snuck in lol its hard hard over here
It was better than I thought, it was good but it wasnt anything special.

On another note I heard during this thing called comic con they showed a new spiderman preview that had venom at the end. They said they didnt allow cameras but somebody must have gotten it somehow on the net, I betcha. Ima be on the lookout for it.

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with you. I loathed the latest Superman film.

What do you think of Smallville by the way? It strays a lot and I hate the weird meteor mutants that appear from week to week, but I do like the plot and character development.

And what did you think of Batman returns? I thought it was easily the best of the films, so much darker and had less Hollywood glitz about it.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
The Truth said:
I agree with you. I loathed the latest Superman film.

What do you think of Smallville by the way? It strays a lot and I hate the weird meteor mutants that appear from week to week, but I do like the plot and character development.

Smallville works for me. Though it strays, I keep things that happen in Smallville in the "Smallville Universe." Plus it's written well.

And what did you think of Batman returns? I thought it was easily the best of the films, so much darker and had less Hollywood glitz about it.

Funny story about Batman. I'm walking to the train with my "freaky friend." I want to go see Batman on the IMAX and see wants to my to go with her to her auntie's house. I'm on the phone with my boy, so I ask him what should I do, go see Batman on the IMAX or go with my "freaky friend," to her auntie's house. He said go with my freaky friend to her "auntie's house." For about eight months I was pissed at him because I never saw Batman in the movies.

When I finally did see Batman on DVD, I was glad I didn't see it in the movies. Though better than Superman, it left a lot to be desired. I don't like the black suits. I want to see a Batman movie where he wears the blue and gray suit. I also felt that they "borrowed so much from Year 1, that the should've just did a movie adaption of year 1. Plus I hate Bats revealing his true indentity. He would never do that in the comics.

I want to see a Batman film that show Bats as what he is the world's greatest detective. I saw "Hostel," the other night. I told my friend's that this would've been a great Batman movie. Put it in Gotham, have a series of disappearances, showcase Bats detective skills. Come to find out that the Joker or some other twisted eff got the idea to have a place where people could torture others in exchange for a small fee. Throw in Bruce Wayne's love interest ends up a victim of this place, you have a classic Batman film.

Rovalier

Don Juan
Reaction score
I forget where I read this, when they did audiences test polls, and it showed (more) women preferred Batman Begins over Superman Returns and Spider-Man 1/2.

Ironically, Batman Begins was the only one that did not involve much or any romance as well. Batman is more DJ than Superman and Spidey :D

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Superman was just way too boring for my tastes, it could have been great but it just went on too long setting up what happened.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
I thought Superman was decent, but I agree with general consensus...way too many departures from Superman traditions and spirit. Batman Begins is the greatest superhero movie of all time in my opinion. Pretty much flawless.
I like Batman, then Spidey. What about the punisher? I think he´s very bad a$$. I don´t like superman, he´s so strong that´s not funny. Most people I know said the SM movie svcked.

I don´t like Smallville too, it´s just like soap operas, yuck. X-men 2 was lame in my opinion.

Did you notice that Americans have a superiority complex? See Capitan America, Spiderman, Superman, etc. Can you figure out what they have in common?

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only good comic movies are spiderman and xmen (and even the third xmen was lacking a bit)
fantastic 4 - sucked
daredevil - sucked
superman - ok
batman begins - bad (hopefully the sequel with joker will be better)
hulk - sucked
punisher - sucked
Ghost Rider - ? visually looks great but story wise it looks kinda boring im hoping the visuals make up for the crappy storyline
Cant think of any other recent comic movies but idk

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like Spiderman, the whole Spiderman character just doesn't attract me.

I liked the new Superman movie. Entertaining. It's awesome how they made an effort to keep with the original stuff.

Batman Begins was very good. Allthough, you have to give the other Batman movies credit. As a hollywood movie, they were cool.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked the new Superman movie. The latest X-men movie on the other hand, seemed like little more than a setup for spinoffs. I don't like it when they put franchise potential over telling a good story.

I don't really see any reason for Spiderman to go to the whole alien black suit/Venom thing, at least not in these movies. I suspect it's only because it's what the drooling fanboys are demanding. But I think keeping the Spiderman movies down to Earth (like they did with the X-men movies) is better. For the next movie, I was hoping for some of the classic villains such as the Vulture. Though it looks like they at least have Sandman in there.

One think I never liked is when they have co-villains (Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Bane in Batman and Robin). Those always suck because there is no character development. I say one villain to a movie.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't like it. I'm used to watching smallville though, so it seemed weak compared to it.

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Batman Begins is the greatest superhero movie of all time in my opinion. Pretty much flawless.
I saw Batman Begins in theatres and I loved it! Hella people say it sucked, but I thought it was awesome.

I thought that Superman was boring.. lol