Anybody here have their concealed carry permit?

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious to see how many gun owners here have a CCW (carry conceal weapon) permit. I'm going to be getting mine as soon as I can nail down a certified training course as per the sheriff office's permit requirements.

My state has an open carry policy. I open carry on occasion, but not all the time. I always have my XD in my car with me. I'd conceal carry all the time if I had my CCW.

Anybody here carry, concealed or otherwise?

U

user43770

I carry a Glock 26 IWB. Be sure to get a quality gun belt and holster.

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
What's the process for us newbies? I don't know a thing about guns but always wanted to own one for protection. What are the steps I have to take?
Depends in which state you live. In Montana where I live, we have some of the most free gun laws of any state (except maybe Alaska and Vermont). Utah is probably the best states in terms of permits for carrying concealed weapons (and they have one of the lowest crime rates in the nation, if not the lowest).

This link will point you in a good direction.
http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/index.php

Don't take everything I've said as truth. It's up to YOU to find out the laws in YOUR state. Call your local sheriff's office too. They'll be able to provide you with the information you need. :up:

Search gun forums and talk to knowledgeable people about guns. Shoot various calibers and truly define what you're looking for in a self-defense weapon. Just ask LOTS of questions and try to get some range time in with different calibers.

Good for you for exercising your right to protect yourself. Our rights are like muscles, we need to exercise them or they atrophy and erode. Who else is going to protect you when the music stops and you're the one left holding the bag?

When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away!

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though i know its for protection, and it must make you feel like you are some sh*t, carrying a gun is the dumbest thing iv ever heard.

Unless you are involved in crime.

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
Even though i know its for protection, and it must make you feel like you are some sh*t, carrying a gun is the dumbest thing iv ever heard.

British pansy. just because you are scared of the loud noise guns make when you shoot them, does not make them bad.

Magma said:
My state has an open carry policy. I open carry on occasion, but not all the time. I always have my XD in my car with me. I'd conceal carry all the time if I had my CCW.
you should look in to this carefully. In PA, anyone can open carry, but the second they get into their car, it becomes a concealed weapon and nasty charges can follow if they don't have a CC permit.

you probably know your states laws better than I do, just a heads up.

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:

So only criminals should have guns? Makes sense to me!

I was specifically asking the GUN OWNERS. If you don't agree with my right to carry and the US's Second Amendment, then that is your prerogative. But I have the right and will exercise it. Now run along and have a raspberry scone and some tea.

Stud said:
you should look in to this carefully. In PA, anyone can open carry, but the second they get into their car, it becomes a concealed weapon and nasty charges can follow if they don't have a CC permit.
Here in MT, we have some of the freest gun laws in the union. I can carry inside my vehicle no problem. I can even have the weapon in my glove box or inside a briefcase in my car and it's still not considered "concealed" with respect to gun laws. We can conceal outside of any city limit, which happens to be 99.4% of the state.

From the MT AG's office:

"Montana has no prohibitions against carrying a weapon in a motor vehicle, although federal rules may apply in national parks."

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My best friend carries a Glock at all times because he lives in the bad area of town.

Police always get upset about it.

- comic_relief

U

user43770

Magma said:
Nice. Do you have a manufacturer preference for your iwb holster?

I have a Comp-tac Spartan and I love it. It's the cheaper version of the M-TAC, which is also a very nice holster. Check them out here. Their customer service is second to none.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Piece of advice. After you get your permit, if you are ever pulled over by the police, tell the officer immediately that you have a weapon with you, if in fact you do. The officer will appreciate it.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:
So only criminals should have guns? Makes sense to me!

I was specifically asking the GUN OWNERS. If you don't agree with my right to carry and the US's Second Amendment, then that is your prerogative. But I have the right and will exercise it. Now run along and have a raspberry scone and some tea.
You might be a tough guy cowboy in real life, but this is the internet.

How long do you guys spend in the mirror with your guns every morning?

hahaaaa

U

user43770

Ease said:
You might be a tough guy cowboy in real life, but this is the internet.

How long do you guys spend in the mirror with your guns every morning?

hahaaaa

It's sad that the British government won't let you protect yourself. Even more so because the younger generations think nothing of it. Think about this: if an armed and violent drug addict breaks into your home, how are you going to protect yourself and your family? You might have a hard time stopping a person who is drugged out of their mind...

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In some countries the thought of carrying around a gun is ridiculous. I don't know how it is in England, but some parts of the US are simply dangerous. Though the smartest thing to do is simply stay away from the bad parts of town.

TyTe`EyEz, keeping a gun in your home to protect your family is extremely different from taking a gun with you when you go out.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in the uk as many parts (most?) of europe, as nobody around has a gun (only the criminals or the hood kids)...
the only way to "get you" is by getting close and being physical ...which is harder and takes more effort than just firing off a cap from a distance ...

(btw i cant be fu.cked to get into a gun argument so plz dont reply to me!)

U

user43770

Maxtro said:
In some countries the thought of carrying around a gun is ridiculous. I don't know how it is in England, but some parts of the US are simply dangerous. Though the smartest thing to do is simply stay away from the bad parts of town.

TyTe`EyEz, keeping a gun in your home to protect your family is extremely different from taking a gun with you when you go out.
Criminals don't always stay in the bad part of town; it's much more lucrative to rob those with money.

Carrying a gun on your person is no doubt a big responsibility. That's why you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get a permit. For some people, it's well worth it to do this. Bad guys don't always attack you at home; women get raped and abducted in broad daylight. You know the best thing about guns? They put a 120 pound woman on the same playing field as a 200 pound man.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
It's sad that the British government won't let you protect yourself. Even more so because the younger generations think nothing of it. Think about this: if an armed and violent drug addict breaks into your home, how are you going to protect yourself and your family? You might have a hard time stopping a person who is drugged out of their mind...
Im only pulling your leg boys.

A gun isnt for protection, its for intimidation. You can't protect yourself with a gun, the only thing you can do is put a hole in another person. I dont want to kill or cause bodily harm to my attacker, i just want to protect myself. I dont want the power to change someone's life like that in my moment of rage.

If i was concerned for my safety, guns and knives would be the last thing i think of. 120 pound women don't carry legal guns, tough guy cowboys carry legal guns.

Unless you are black and be on you grind, you dont really need a gun. For me the thrill of carrying around a gun on your person is not worth the risk of causing that kind of harm.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Carrying a gun makes me feel like a god and ill kill anyone who gets in my way.

U

user43770

Ease said:
Im only pulling your leg boys.

A gun isnt for protection, its for intimidation. You can't protect yourself with a gun, the only thing you can do is put a hole in another person. I dont want to kill or cause bodily harm to my attacker, i just want to protect myself. I dont want the power to change someone's life like that in my moment of rage.

I don't want to kill anybody, but if it's my life or theirs, I'm going to try and make it theirs. I'm guessing that you've never been the victim of a violent crime. This is typical of anti-gun liberals. A conservative is a liberal who's been mugged.

If i was concerned for my safety, guns and knives would be the last thing i think of. 120 pound women don't carry legal guns, tough guy cowboys carry legal guns.

What would you think of? Calling the police and waiting 10 minutes for them to arrive? Would you curl up in a ball and prey? I'd honestly like to know. Oh yeah, women do carry in the states. It's a beautiful thing.

Unless you are black and be on you grind, you dont really need a gun. For me the thrill of carrying around a gun on your person is not worth the risk of causing that kind of harm.

More stereotypical nonsense. You obviously aren't worth the time it took me to type this.
Responses in bold.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm all for 2nd amendment rights, and I think if more people were trained, and carry conceiled, there would be less crime. The criminals do have the advantage, in the fact that they don't care about the laws.

However, keep in mind, that if you have to draw your firearm, you must be prepared to shoot. A lot of people could not, or should not, put themselves into that type of situation. Don't pull it, unless you are willing to take another life. You could be challenged on that.

A lot of times, it may just be better to not get involved. But, you will have to make that choice if/when you are needed.

Also, carrying concealed comes with it a sense of duty, to others, that is important to understand.

It's a big responsibility, and congrats to taking ownership of that responsibility.

Also, 5string has wise advise, if stopped by the police tell them immediately. They would appreciate that.