Anybody else is tired of Messengers?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I the only one who hates Messengers!!!!!????

Whatever it is yahoo, MSN, ICQ or any other Messenger system, I am really tired of it. People come home and sit near the computer and stopped using the phone just to call and say hello or make plans. Why make plans and talk to someone if you can have all the conversation you want with 5 different people at the same time!?? I SAY FVCK IT!!

This is a technology design to keep people at home! more so then T.V and the net - 2 Mins conversation on the phone equals like 10-15mins on Messenging system.

As well you can never guess what is the other person is saying, instead of hearing words and tone of voice, you can only guess if what the other person wrote was sarcastic or in a serious tone.

Sometimes you are left there wondering why the person never answers like a retard only to find out 15 mins later, he went to the bathroom to take a sh1t, thats why he never answered you.

Another thing is that it is an extension of being on the phone longer with a chick. To many guys use that to chat with girls for hours thinking that using MSN to be C&F with a chick will score them points, but all you do is just wasting time, The guy that is fvcking her could be right there reading your stupid sh1t while fingering her and you wouldn't know anything about it!!

BOTTOM LINE : STOP USING MESSENGER SYSTEMS!!! YOU WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE, CALL THEM UP ON THE PHONE AND INVITE THEM TO GO OUT AND TALK TO A LIVE HUMAN BEING, IT WILL HELP WITH YOUR DEPLEATED SOCIAL SKILLS!!!

Arraghhhhh Got this off my chest- GO AHEAD AND FLAME ME YOU MESSENGERS LOVERS!!!

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also dislike messengers. I run out of things to say real quick on MSN and I don't use it anymore.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
BOTTOM LINE : STOP USING MESSENGER SYSTEMS!!! YOU WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE, CALL THEM UP ON THE PHONE AND INVITE THEM TO GO OUT AND TALK TO A LIVE HUMAN BEING, IT WILL HELP WITH YOUR DEPLEATED SOCIAL SKILLS!!!
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that this entire rant was posted on an internet message board? :rolleyes:

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The worst (and maybe only) thing I don't like about messengers is that it takes so frigging long for the person to type a reply.

I can arrange an outing with buddies in 20 seconds on the phone. On ICQ it takes close to 5 minutes.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*sigh*

You dont like it? DONT USE IT! Simple.

Laterz...

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: *sigh*

You dont like it? DONT USE IT! Simple.
I agree 100%. One thing though that really can make Messenger an advantage over the phone is the fact that you can talk to anyone, anywhere in the world for free. AIM (and most others probably) even have a "Talk" feature in which you plug a mic into your computer and can talk to the person and they can talk to you (assuming they have a mic) for free. Although the few times I have tried this I have had some problems (****ty mic probably).

Hypoxia II

Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that this entire rant was posted on an internet message board?

I was thinking the same thing dude.

Hypoxia II

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best part is you can start using smilies :) :p :(

That way you can get your emotions across as well online!

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the problem I have with phone is that long distance is killer. I don't have a cell phone. This is the only way that I can talk with alot of people from sosuave or any of the other messengers. Although weekends I have friends from around call up with weekends for free plans (fist of fury, Eternal, and a few others).

I dislike aim though and barely ever use it except when I'm typing up my journal entries (roughly an hour a day)

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely agree.

I never really did like using chat progs to communicate iwth people. Altho i still go on once in awhile, the only people that really IM me are the ones who have nothing else better to do(bored), want to brag about something, or plan an event. but in general i've kept the use of it to a minimum.

if anything, i prefer talking to someone over the phone any day. but if i would be limited to only internet, i'd choose email.

but HEEEEEEEEEEY, dont forget how far technology has progressed. you can now chat on aim/icq with your friends on your bloody cell!