Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

any thought from the lawyers here on the alex case?

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex Murdaugh he had a history was this case an easy one for the prosecution ?

Billtx49

Reaction score
Thread now Moved to AE section where it belongs.
Easy question and no attorney needed, when a man is proven to constantly lie, no one believes him …

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't really following this, but I thought it was interesting that after the verdict came in, the judge said there was overwhelming evidence that he was guilty. That makes me wonder about judges' powers. Can a judge overrule a jury in certain cases? If I understand correctly, at the very least he can declare a mistrial or grant an appeal.

Billtx49

Reaction score
The judge only agreed with the jury’s guilty verdict and issued the penalty, and yes he was most likely pissed about the lies told during this trial in his court …

In some states and cases, the judge decides the sentence in others it’s the jury.
Judges can indeed declare a mistrial or grant an appeal, but it’s usually only after legal proof of such is presented to him by an attorney or the court malfunctions. I have never heard of a judge personally initiating such a ruling if everyone does their duty correctly.

Last edited: