Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any St. Louis Blues Fans Here

logicallefty

Reaction score
I live in Chicago Blackhawk country but have always liked the Blues. Blues going to Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1970. They've never won a cup in their history since 1967 or even a Stanley Cup final game in the few times they went. I'm tired of all these Blackhawk fans around me. Go Blues!!!

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a big NHL fan, but enjoy the series. I'm surprised they never went with Brett Hull back in the day. That's tough being surrounded by Chicago fans. Anyway, beat the Bruins, it's not like Boston needs any more championships right now. Before the Celtics were eliminated there was talk of them going 4 for 4 (NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA) in one year. Go Blues! Nothing better than a long-suffering fan base getting a championship.

On a side note, I just read this and found it interesting, because I was baffled that the Blues were an expansion team that went to the Finals in its first three seasons:

"Capitalizing on a playoff format that required an expansion team to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, the Blues reached the Stanley Cup Finals in each of their first three seasons."

The NHL put all six expansion clubs in one division starting in 1967, since there were only six original clubs otherwise.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go Blues. Very exciting time. Great game last night...especially seeing as how the Cardinals are slumping BIG TIME, lol.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Go Blues. Very exciting time. Great game last night...especially seeing as how the Cardinals are slumping BIG TIME, lol.
Haha yep I’m a Cub fan too so no tears for the Cardinals.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually Cards & Cubs are playing right now. Go Cards :p

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cute. I grabbed it for my friends who are Cubbies fans. I’m feeling generous with the Redbirds up right now, lol

Top of the 7th. Waino still pitching.

logicallefty

Reaction score
That is generous. I try to be generous to my Blackhawks fan in Cardinal fan friends too. But Not a single one of my Blackhawk friends has given me any positive words about the Blues this year. They are bitter cuz the Hawks sucked d!ck this year.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cute. I grabbed it for my friends who are Cubbies fans. I’m feeling generous with the Redbirds up right now, lol

Top of the 7th. Waino still pitching.
He had a no hitter going for a while, threw something like 136 pitches today. Cubs swept Cards at Wrigley, now Cards do the same at Busch. Baseball is a funny game. As in, how does Hicks throw 104 mph and still not manage to be a shutdown closer? 95 would be a changeup for that kid.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He had a no hitter going for a while, threw something like 136 pitches today. Cubs swept Cards at Wrigley, now Cards do the same at Busch. Baseball is a funny game. As in, how does Hicks throw 104 mph and still not manage to be a shutdown closer? 95 would be a changeup for that kid.
LMAO. I’m so happy there are some fellow baseball geeks around here. Kolton Wong’s catch off Rizzo was the play of the game. Hicks has more power than control when he’s used too much in sequential games. Wainwright was dealing today. Struck out Baez and Bryant several times. Great game. I’m going to try and get to a Cubs/Cards game at Wrigley this season...I usually take the kids to several games a year in STL. It’s such a great time.

logicallefty

Reaction score
What's it like to win a World Series? - Brewers fan.
Hang in there neighbor. If the Cubs can win it anyone can. It’s worth the wait.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's it like to win a World Series? - Brewers fan.
Pretty God dam exciting!

Watch from the ninth inning of game 6 in 2011. And the extra inning.

There’s a reason STL fans cheer for David Freese when he comes to town, no matter what team he’s on. STL is a great baseball city. Very classy fans.

NL Central is always tough. Best division in baseball IMO in recent years...

I think there might be hockey tonight! Gotta go see, lol

logicallefty

Reaction score
Oh yeah there was hockey all right the Blues gave the Bruins a nice beating 4-2. series is tied now. Hope you saw it. First Stanley Cup final game ever won in St. Louis, ever.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Braves representin’ up in here.

I did watch the hockey game today. I have a buddy in STL and he keeps bugging me about it. Kept my attention I guess.

I am trying to be a Boston sports fan in general. I have no reason to be, I just like the aura around it, whole Irish vibe.

logicallefty

Reaction score
The Blues Just won and now they are ahead in the series. It’s getting real now. They could have a cup Sunday night in St. Louis.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I just woke up this morning and realize that the team I have been faithfully rooting for since 1987 is one game away from the Stanley Cup. For the first time. Don’t mean to be a troll but that is worth repeating.. Go Blues!!!!!!!

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just woke up this morning and realize that the team I have been faithfully rooting for since 1987 is one game away from the Stanley Cup. For the first time. Don’t mean to be a troll but that is worth repeating.. Go Blues!!!!!!!
That's really cool. I love seeing championship-starved teams finally get one and I hope it happens for St. Louis and for you too. Sounds like a great sports town. Pulling for y'all.

Just watch out in Sept/Oct for Yelich!