Any potential?

errodr

Reaction score
I have been reading this forum for a while now, and I finally have a question to ask.

Necessary background info: I am leaving my current position for a new one in 30 days.

I asked a girl from work out and she told me that she did not think it would be a good idea because we work together. I told her that I understood an turned to walk away, she stopped me by saying "But I heard you leaving soon...". I turned and said that yes, I would be leaving in a month.

My question is: Did she throw in that last part just to soften the blow or is it genuine interest? I tend to think it is genuine interest as I had accepted her explanation of why we could not go out and I did not require anything further.

Thanks for your opinions...

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She already knew you were leaving soon...her rationale may have been that she doesn't wish to now, but when you leave, she may. Play it cool and ask her a couple of days before you leave.

Just my opinion - I could be wrong.

Real Man

Banned
Reaction score
She was playing a game.

Sometimes women seek persistance.

I think this one may be seeking attention.

It depends. Maybe she wanted you to beg her to stoke her ego.

Do you think she fancied you? What is her body language like?

I can smell attraction....i never get confused. I would know when a girl is genuinely interested or when she wants to satisfy her ego.

Aske her again when you are about to leave. Before asking her start touching her..smile...whisper seductive words....women get turned on by words. Get flirty....get her aroused....then BOOM ask.

If you just go up to her and say "will you go out with me" then you have less chance.

errodr

Reaction score
Her body language has always been very positive.
We were both in relationships since I started working with her, however both relationships recently ended.

Even while we were involved with different people I always felt a connection between us. I too am usually very good at picking up on attraction, but this girl has is particularly difficult to read.

Thanks...

Real Man

Banned
Reaction score
Listen to your instincts. If you think she wants you...then she does. This is so true in my experience.

You have instincts that can sense this shiat.....sixth sense....hone them.

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have went back and told her "yes, I am leaving soon...so lets do lunch tomorrow, because Thursday I'm busy". Something like that. She wouldn't have said that if she really didn't want to do something, or had some other motive.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with 44X.

What I'd do though is ask her where she is going to take you for a fair well lunch/drink.

You never know...

Blurred Elevens

Don Juan
Reaction score
She went out on a limb to say "but you're leaving soon".. For a woman to do that is HUGE and she definately likes you.

She basically asked YOU out when she said that, especially since your back was turned.

Easy one there..

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one of those situations that seems to confuse us when we are in the middle of it; but to outsiders it is SO OBVIOUS. Kind of when we see two people interact, and we can tell and know the girl is very interested, yet the guy has no clue.

Do you have her contact info? Ask her out right before you leave, and off course pay attention to her body language.