Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any other late twenties/early thirties feeling a profound sense of apathy in their life?

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For some background I'm in my late twenties and have an OK paying job that's unfulfilling, go to the gym 5-6 days a week, I'm 6'5, and good looking. I'm currently seeing/fvcking a few different women that I met on Bumble/Tinder and I don't really have much of a drive to do anything more. After a few years of looking at different redpill movements/MGTOW stuff - not to mention being on this forum for almost 15 years - I know in my heart that I never want to get married. The internet and the abilitiy to connect other men out there to share their stories has really been eye opening to hundreds of thousands of men about the entire institution of marriage. I already attract a lot of really gorgeous women on my own naturally because admittedly I'm lucky in the genetic lottery (but also because I take care of myself physically), so the drive to rise higher and higher in the corporate world doesn't really exist for me. I already really have everything I want financially.

This is kind of how I look at it: what's the real reward there for working harder? To make more money, obviously. Why do a lot of people want to make more money? To increase their SMV to attract more women or to provide for their wife/family. Once I really had a good sense of game, fitness, and charisma under my belt I've never really had to worry about attracting women. There have been times when I've had a bout of unemployment and had to move back into my parents place, and I was still able to date HB8's and fvck them. I can totally see how there are homeless men out there that go around picking up women. And if I never plan on getting married/having kids I don't really see a need to be making six figures.

I see what that corporate 9-5 sh!t does to some people and how badly it ages them, they get caught in the rat race, etc, and I don't give enough of a damn to do the same thing. Maybe when I'm closer to 40 when my SMV starts waning a bit, but I honestly don't know. It really doesn't sound appealing to me.

The only thing that really makes me fulfilled and totally happy is my dog and being at the gym (I spend about two hours there). Of course there's the thrill of dating someone new, but as I'm about to be approaching my prime years of dating in my thirties I can't help but want to find a greater purpose. I want a good goal to work towards again.

Anyone else been in this kind of position and what kind of steps did you do to get out of it?

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have hobbies or pursuits outside of work, women, and fitness?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the fvck has made you think not wanting to participate in the rat race is "apathetic"? that's some serious brainwashing there bro. It's just healthy to avoid it, whether you have a girlfriend or kids or not.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
For some background I'm in my late twenties and have an OK paying job that's unfulfilling, go to the gym 5-6 days a week, I'm 6'5, and good looking. I'm currently seeing/fvcking a few different women that I met on Bumble/Tinder and I don't really have much of a drive to do anything more. After a few years of looking at different redpill movements/MGTOW stuff - not to mention being on this forum for almost 15 years - I know in my heart that I never want to get married. The internet and the abilitiy to connect other men out there to share their stories has really been eye opening to hundreds of thousands of men about the entire institution of marriage. I already attract a lot of really gorgeous women on my own naturally because admittedly I'm lucky in the genetic lottery (but also because I take care of myself physically), so the drive to rise higher and higher in the corporate world doesn't really exist for me. I already really have everything I want financially.

This is kind of how I look at it: what's the real reward there for working harder? To make more money, obviously. Why do a lot of people want to make more money? To increase their SMV to attract more women or to provide for their wife/family. Once I really had a good sense of game, fitness, and charisma under my belt I've never really had to worry about attracting women. There have been times when I've had a bout of unemployment and had to move back into my parents place, and I was still able to date HB8's and fvck them. I can totally see how there are homeless men out there that go around picking up women. And if I never plan on getting married/having kids I don't really see a need to be making six figures.

I see what that corporate 9-5 sh!t does to some people and how badly it ages them, they get caught in the rat race, etc, and I don't give enough of a damn to do the same thing. Maybe when I'm closer to 40 when my SMV starts waning a bit, but I honestly don't know. It really doesn't sound appealing to me.

The only thing that really makes me fulfilled and totally happy is my dog and being at the gym (I spend about two hours there). Of course there's the thrill of dating someone new, but as I'm about to be approaching my prime years of dating in my thirties I can't help but want to find a greater purpose. I want a good goal to work towards again.

Anyone else been in this kind of position and what kind of steps did you do to get out of it?
no offence but going to gym 6 times per week is waste of life (6x 2 hours you said) . do it twice/three times. do you want to spend your life in gym? duh

i agree that 9-5 job is crap

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People tend to discount the importance of money, but how you make your money will have a huge impact on your overall level of happiness.

Even wall street bankers kill themselves, for the same reasons you describe.

Essentially, humans are energy consuming and energy burning organisms.

Instinctively, men want to do something that is appreciated.

So, those that are happiest tend to make money in a way that gets them a sense of genuine gratitude from others.

If you make money, but don't get that genuine gratitude, life can seem meaningless.

The only solutio would be to re-calibrate your income to something that creates more genuine appreciation from others.

Granted, that is very hard in today's trainwreck economy, but going in that direction would improve your outlook.

In the short term, seriously considering doing some charity work at least an hour a week or so.

Helping out other humans who need it (and don't feel a sense of entitlement) who look at you in response with genuine appreciation will do wonders for your soul.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no offence but going to gym 6 times per week is waste of life (6x 2 hours you said) . do it twice/three times. do you want to spend your life in gym? duh
I enjoy it, so I don't view it as that. It's never a chore and it's something I'm genuinely passionate about and the health benefits I've gotten from it are amazing.

Do you have hobbies or pursuits outside of work, women, and fitness?
Writing and creating, but that's been lacking recently.

People tend to discount the importance of money, but how you make your money will have a huge impact on your overall level of happiness.

Even wall street bankers kill themselves, for the same reasons you describe.

Essentially, humans are energy consuming and energy burning organisms.

Instinctively, men want to do something that is appreciated.

So, those that are happiest tend to make money in a way that gets them a sense of genuine gratitude from others.

If you make money, but don't get that genuine gratitude, life can seem meaningless.

The only solutio would be to re-calibrate your income to something that creates more genuine appreciation from others.

Granted, that is very hard in today's trainwreck economy, but going in that direction would improve your outlook.

In the short term, seriously considering doing some charity work at least an hour a week or so.

Helping out other humans who need it (and don't feel a sense of entitlement) who look at you in response with genuine appreciation will do wonders for your soul.

This is good advice, I will look into that.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the fvck has made you think not wanting to participate in the rat race is "apathetic"? that's some serious brainwashing there bro. It's just healthy to avoid it, whether you have a girlfriend or kids or not.
Fvck the rat race. Make your money and go home.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Raise the bar for yourself. Go for financial freedom through passive or residual income or learn an instrument and play/tour with a band or get a personal trainer certification or literally anything, the world is your oyster.

I've felt like you when I'm not challenging myself enough. I start trying new things and visiting new places and talking to new people and it changes my world view every time. Sit and think about what you feel drawn towards, sit and think an hour a day if you have to. Then make a plan and execute it. Apathy is feedback, it's your soul telling you to shake things up and commit to a new grind.

Btw people with good marriages aren't on here. It's like tech support, no one calls in when it's working.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go on a big trip somewhere. I'm always revitalized by culture shock.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I'm 6'5, and good looking.
I'm currently seeing/fvcking a few different women
I already attract a lot of really gorgeous women on my own naturally because admittedly I'm lucky in the genetic lottery
I already really have everything I want financially.
I really had a good sense of game, fitness, and charisma under my belt I've never really had to worry about attracting women.
I've had a bout of unemployment and had to move back into my parents place, and I was still able to date HB8's and fvck them.

Anyone else been in this kind of position?
Nope.

I can totally see how there are homeless men out there that go around picking up women.
How? What decent looking educated twenty something year old girl is going to sleep with a homeless man?

Got to love the guys on a site who are tall, good looking, rich, can sleep with any women they want, asking other members on the site who have not hit the generic lottery, are not tall, are not rich, get confused about women and have trouble sleeping with them, if there’s “more”?

Rock on baby.