Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any of You Older Guys Tired of The Scene and Just Want To Find Someone?

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a live-in GF...very fine, sexy and outstanding in bed and she is a fun date as well. We moved quick in our relationship and planned marriage after only 5 months of knowing eachother but I realized that I was just desperate to start a family and get way from the dating scene and that she really wasn't the woman for me ofr a really long term thing.

I told her that I don't see us ever getting married but she still tries to hold on and I let her because I just hate to hit the dating scene again at 30 plus.

I just am tired of it and very reluctant to "get back out there." So here I am in a relationship that I know won't go anywhere for a real long time all because I hate the dating scene so much and want to avoid it like the plague...

hit woman up at the bar...go out on date...find out she is has the emotions of a 5-year-old

Meet woman at grocery store...go out on date... find out she is super extremely clingy and keeps a nasty house.

Meet woman at party...go out on date...notice that she is very argumentative and the jealous type.

Some times I wish my marriage was arranged at birth. Anyone feel me?

da_hunter

Banned
Reaction score
30+ dating is ok. You shouldn't be getting married before 30 anyways. You are kind of screwed either way - it is either stick with what you know, regular sex, but no future and eventual heartbreak for you and the girl. Or venture out in the dating world, uncertain sex life, psychos, rejection, uncertainty.

This is going to sound bad, but *women do this to guys all the time* so I feel no guilt in advocating this to you now: Line up someone before you break up with your current girlfriend. Make it the hottest girl that you get along with the best, choose wisely. I'm not saying to cheat on your girlfriend, as in f*ck this girl while dating your current gf, but line her up so that you have a sure thing when you break up with your girl. You might as well take advantage of the fact that women like guys who are taken.

Again I don't find this to be dishonest, I just look at it as the ugly side of this thing everybody does called 'dating'.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't think I would hear myself saying this at this time in my life, but if I found a keeper I think I might seriously consider a more permanent arrangement.

Up until now I don't think I was ready. Still not sure if I am or not, but recent events in my life have caused me to see the benefits of having long term companionship.

Then again it's probably just a phase. In six months my life will probably be back on track and I will have more ass thrown at me than I know what to do with and I'll be back to my oath of eternal bachelorhood. Who knows.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Fantasy,

Yeah, the whole dating scene can be monotonous, but so can the LTR/Marriage scene too----especially If we pick the WRONG woman. lol

I think the keys to your freedom from the tiresomeness of either of these "scenes" lie in knowing who YOU are and knowing what YOU want and WHY. I'm beginning to notice that the more I grow as a person, the more dissatisfied I get with "surface/meaningless" type interactions with women.

I have also found that the more I KNOW, the less I can pretend like I DON'T know. For instance, I can't pretend that I DON'T know that it takes more than a "nut" to keep me interested in a babe OUTSIDE of the bedroom---especially within the confines of a possible LTR type situation.

I can't pretend like I DON'T know that SOMETIMES in the past, I've been guilty of holding women to a higher standard of perfection than I know that I'd reached myself.

And I can't pretend I DON'T know that a lot of the things that I learned about male/female relationship dynamics were just fantasies anyway.

But here's something else I KNOW---something POSITIVE:

I know that the answer to finding my own happiness and fulfillment will come NOT when I find SOMEONE. Rather, it'll come when I find ME, more fully. And this not just some poetic platitudes I'm regurgitating here. No. This has come as a personal revelation to me.

I know that the more I know who I am, the more I know what I want, and the more I know WHY I want it, I'm placing myself in the best possible position to fully appreciate someone who can actually add another layer of VALUE to my life.

What's the alternative? Well, I know that if I DON'T prepare myself FIRST, whenever the ideal woman for me enters my life, the likelyhood of me fukking it all up and running her off in some way is high.lol

But here are a few questions I have for YOU, soldier:

Do you know what you want in a woman yet, as it pertains to an LTR or Marriage?

And, what do you see as lacking in your current relationship?

Peace...one day.

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm lucky i already found one i'm keepin...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vagrant said:
i'm lucky i already found one i'm keepin...
Which brings up the question to everyone; regardless of age, if you came across a woman who was everything you ever wanted in a woman and you were what she was looking for in a man, would you pass her up in order to keep sarging? Is it necessary for you to be "older" if the right one comes around? Mind you I'm not asking about the probability finding the right one.

kyphan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco, I do not care how old I am, if I think she's everything I'm looking for and she thinks the same of me, then it's a done deal. Then again, I feel at 26 I've been through enough dating to have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantasy:

Leave the scene. Don't "get back on the scene".

Change your motivations to be more self-derived, and your happiness to be less woman derived. Sounds flowery and obscure, but think about who you are, where you are going, what makes you happy, and remove "who you will be with" from that outlook.

Once you fully and completely "don't care about women", then you will see that it is not the women who should be chased, it is you.

You are tired of the matrix. Unplug bro and embrace a whole new world of freedoms.

De-prioritize "women/dating" to low, low, low on the list. Need an example?

A couple of weekends ago I got a call... Thursday it was. I had taken Friday off and was waiting for my ride Thursday night. I was going hunting and trapping that weekend, alone.

*ring, ring*
V: "Hey!"
HB: "Hey baby, what's up?"
V: "Waiting for my ride, what's going on?"
HB: "I wanted to see if you wanted to get together tonight."
V: "Dang, I'd really enjoy that, but I'm leaving here in a few minutes to go trapping this weekend."
HB: "Fine." *gets pizzy, wants to cut call short*
V: "Don't get pizzy, I'd like to hang out. But, like I said, I'm leaving."
HB: "Whatever. Fine." *still irritated*
V: "Psshf. Don't be like that, silly. I'll talk to you later, I gotta go."
*Byes*

You can't call me and demand or expect my time. Me first. You call late, oops, sorry. It turns out that she was leaving for a trip... I had totally forgotten (read: I didn't care enough to remember). I kept it positive and friendly, but cut her off/declined. What happens when she gets back? She calls me all happy-style and sets up plans. Cool. Did I "handle it right"? ...Don't care. Nothing was in concrete, but a little booty wasn't worth cancelling or changing my plans for.

Hunting and trapping that weekend was going to 1. make me happier than puzzy that night 2. maybe put a few bills in my pocket 3. provide more useful experience 4. potentially afford some free food (more bills in the pocket) 5. The woods and dead animals weren't going to give me shi+ tests, complain, bore me with stories, or plague me with silly questions. 6. I would have just that much more "man magic" for her to swallow when I got back (see also: Testosterone, testosterone level increase, no masturbation).

See what's going on here? It's not that I "hate women". :nono: - love 'em.
Instead, I've began weighing values on a scale. Woman have about as much weight as any other hobby of mine, and a little less than the hobbies that actually have any financial/food benefit.*****

Now, pardon the mysogenistic punchline here, but consider that any time devoted to your hobbies (depending on what they are) is time devoted to YOU and will likely pay off now or later. Then consider that time devoted to a woman, or a pursuit of women, is time devoted to what? What is the payoff? She fux your best friend and leaves? She gives you VD because the was fuxing 3 or 4 other guys? You've got no guarantee of any payoff, so what it boils down to is this:

A bird in hand (you, your hobbies, your goals) is worth more than 5,000 in the bush (women you could screw, or be with).

I get the impression that you are stuggling with motivation. Don't motivate yourself to date or pick up women. Instead, motivate yourself to pursue bettering yourself and your future above all else.

Meanwhile, put this chick on FB status and get your own place.

***** I've been with probably over 200 women (stopped counting, not bragging, just giving reference), and I must say that I really hate the fact that I've burned half of my life so far with women as #1 priority. What do I have to show for it? *knock on wood* No kids, no diseases, no wife. What I've gotten from this site was not "how to pick up chicks", that's never been a big problem. What I've gotten from this site is "how to be a better man". I wasted a lot of time. Yes, wasted. My goals and life mission was previously to bang women, find a wife, party, rah-rah-rah. I neglected MYSELF. And what has happened as a result? My market value (so far as Cosmo and others would tell you) has taken a net loss over time. I don't have any debt (which is good and bad), don't own a home... I don't have anything to show for all this time dedicated to women. THIS is what I want to get stuck in your head: change your attitude and change your priorities to make YOU number one.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kyphan said:
Francisco, I do not care how old I am, if I think she's everything I'm looking for and she thinks the same of me, then it's a done deal. Then again, I feel at 26 I've been through enough dating to have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for.
See, you hit it on the head. You know what you are looking for. Most guys have a superficial idea at best. I believe the reason that so many guys wait until they are older to finally settle down is because they never took the time to stop and figure out specifically what they want in a woman. Mind you that knowing what you want doesn't mean that you'll immediately find her but the search is much easier when you know what you're looking for.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
5. The woods and dead animals weren't going to give me shi+ tests, complain, bore me with stories, or plague me with silly questions.
:crackup:

Advice to poster above: When I got sick of the bar/club scene of constantly going out for 6 months straight I took a break for 6 weeks reworking my inner game/beliefs and picked up a new hobby of dance at a local community college. Now my social circle is larger than it ever was before. It includes lots of cute single college girls and we do fun things like hiking outside of dance. My current g/f approached me at a social dance and pursued me for dates and I went in slow with no rush. She doesn't have perceived high IL, but she's satisfied that she stole me from the other women that were chasing me down.

It's like what Pook says... Once you kill your desperation, women pick up on your new confidence and will hunt you down when you're no longer on the prowl.

Keep your chin up and stay busy outside of your life with women if you're bummed out on the scene.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
resilient said:
It's like what Pook says... Once you kill your desperation, women pick up on your new confidence and will hunt you down when you're no longer on the prowl.
That's precisely what I'm driving at. The by-product of self-dedication is this desperation killing effect.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing worth having comes easy.

You will have to do a lot of work to find a right girl for you (notice I didn't say "the" right girl. There is more than one).

In the end its worth it. Here are the keys to finding a great woman (I'm married to a great woman now btw):

Take everything slow in the beginning. Do not see each other too much. Couple of times a week, max.

Date multiple women. Do not focus your energies on one woman.

Look to disqualify her. Be cautiously optimistic, but do not let yourself get too close too soon.

Make her earn you. Do not work at earning her.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To comment on the OP's thoughts, there are a lot of people that dont really enjoy dating, sarging, or whatever just due to the sheer hassle of it. Its not everyone's cup of tea. It certainly takes a lot more time to "date" or sarge, than it does to just be married or in a LTR.

Now i dont think that's a reason at all to just "settle" for some woman that's still lacking in what you want. But if you find a woman that has "everything you ever wanted", as Francisco put it, and you're at an emotional point that you're ok with a committment, i'd strongly consider "keeping your keeper". Age be damned.

Azanon

lee36044

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantasy said:
I just am tired of it and very reluctant to "get back out there." So here I am in a relationship that I know won't go anywhere for a real long time all because I hate the dating scene so much and want to avoid it like the plague...

hit woman up at the bar...go out on date...find out she is has the emotions of a 5-year-old

Meet woman at grocery store...go out on date... find out she is super extremely clingy and keeps a nasty house.

Meet woman at party...go out on date...notice that she is very argumentative and the jealous type.

Some times I wish my marriage was arranged at birth. Anyone feel me?
I felt ya years ago ... and it led to wasting ten years with someone who I should have left behind after about the third week! Listen to everyone telling you to back out and find yourself first. Then decide what you really want. Relationship or "the scene" or even something in between.

The wrong one ... or ones ... can lead to issues that blind you to the right one if she does come along. I know! The longer you stay ... the harder it is to come back to an emotionally healthy outlook that lets you find any kind of happiness.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Vulpine,

That was a GREAT POST, man.

I PERSONALLY appreciate you dropping knowledge like you just did. You seem to be one of an ever-decreasing number of men here who realize that success in life is NOT obtained by selling yourself into slavery for pussssy.

Many here have become SO hellbent on making banging a woman their life's goal that whenever anybody reminds them that life is MORE than pussssy, it hits them like a MAJOR revelation.

Most guys who come to this site are pulled from one extreme to the other. Many go from not getting any women at all through lack of understanding, to banging a slew of them due to devaluing them totally as human beings.

That's why what you've just said is so ARRESTING. Because sometimes, in a man's zeal to better his "score" at gaming women, he loses his equilibrium.

He loses his perspective.

He loses his balance.

And LIFE, especially if it is to be a WORTHWHILE life, is always ABOUT...

...BALANCE.

Peace...one day.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys think so, thanks.

However, I just got neg-repped for it. :rolleyes:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:

As if it really matters... It comes with the territory... :rockon:

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:

I could not care less about those ratings, as my posting style makes obvious, but since you brought it up :) here goes a positive karma or whatever for that awesome post. Bravo. * clicks positive rating for Vulpine *