Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any of you know anything about people that fence? (I have a date with one)

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At my age and experience, there's very little ground that I haven't covered. However, this will be new territory.

I met her in a social gathering and suggested drinks afterwards. Within those two hours of drinks, she checked off some good boxes. I was impressed enough to set a date with her for this Saturday.

On the surface, she appears feminine and confident (two traits I like). She also appeared as if she's comfortable deferring. However, with her hobby being fencing, I also wonder if beneath... there's a combative and/or competitive side to her as well.

Have any of you dated or have friends into this sport? If so, what's been your observation?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****ing hell, you started with fencing and I was like "what? she buy and sell stolen goods" then I get the realization lol

but serious I don't think you will meet anything diferent from others girls who are into competitions, don't matter what sport, chances are she is competitive, to what degree that is to you to figure out

TheProspect

Reaction score
At my age and experience, there's very little ground that I haven't covered. However, this will be new territory.

I met her in a social gathering and suggested drinks afterwards. Within those two hours of drinks, she checked off some good boxes. I was impressed enough to set a date with her for this Saturday.

On the surface, she appears feminine and confident (two traits I like). She also appeared as if she's comfortable deferring. However, with her hobby being fencing, I also wonder if beneath... there's a combative and/or competitive side to her as well.

Have any of you dated or have friends into this sport? If so, what's been your observation?
I don’t know any women who fence, but I know a few who train and compete in MMA.

I bring that up because that MMA is arguably the most competitive and combative sport out there.

However, one of the girls that I know who trains MMA is dating one of my close friends — and you’d have zero idea that she is an semi-pro fighter. Very feminine and “good girl” personality. She seems like she’d be submissive, but I wouldn’t necessarily know. She may be different around my friend when no one else is around, but the last impression she gives off is someone who is argumentative or aggressive.

On the other hand, the other chick I know who competes in MMA has hella tattoos, acts “hard”, swears like a sailor, and has a very masculine demeanour. Two different MMA chicks who are polar opposites.

The point being that any particular hobby can attract women with a wide range of personalities.

So with your chick, it could go either way… I guess you’ll find out soon enough.

Billtx49

Reaction score

Never fenced, but It seems to me that to excel at fencing a person would have to be very disciplined and invest many hours of time in practice until learned moves actually become more natural.
Also seems that a person needs to be capable of being both an aggressor and a defender.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact that you are associating her with a sport so heavily like this tells me that she let you talk a lot and she didn't tell you much, like if this is the extent of the information your working with she could moonlight as Bat Woman for all you know.

I have noticed a trend where women who are hitting wall suddenly try to attach their identity to a sport like Karate or Fencing, I'm not sure if it's like this last ditch effort to keep the carousel spinning or if they want to settle but in all my experiences it has leaned to the former

Billtx49

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's like this last ditch effort to keep the carousel spinning or if they want to settle but in all my experiences it has leaned to the former
I think it’s a woman in wall vicinity making an effort to convince herself that she’s still young…
If and when that fails, she becomes less picky, her time frame accelerates, she locks down her best prospect, and finally settles …

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It probably means she's from a wealthy family.

Where I'm from, if you fence it signals wealth.

It's not really a masculine sport. The guys I know who fence are super soyed geeks. It's the sort of sport that Mark Zuckerberg-level rich soys are into.
Shes a smoke show too God damn The Zucc strikes again

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact that you are associating her with a sport so heavily like this tells me that she let you talk a lot and she didn't tell you much, like if this is the extent of the information your working with she could moonlight as Bat Woman for all you know.

I have noticed a trend where women who are hitting wall suddenly try to attach their identity to a sport like Karate or Fencing, I'm not sure if it's like this last ditch effort to keep the carousel spinning or if they want to settle but in all my experiences it has leaned to the former
You may need to stick around the forum a little longer... before sharing further intuition. I could dominate the entire conversation and probe, but c'mon. Even the novice dater realizes that it's not a woman's words or self-description that is key. Instead, it's their behavior and actions (which often contradict their words) .

Based on my experience, there are generalizations that typically hold true with women and their careers, hobbies etc...
She teaches at a private school. I've dated enough teachers to get an idea of characteristics to usually expect. The curve ball here is that admittedly, I'm in the dark about those that have a fencing passion.

As a decent chess player, there's no doubt that part of this has carried through on how I interact with others. I was wondering if a fencer also has certain or similar characteristics.

While I'm at it, I wish to give thanks to above for their perceptions and insights.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find out if she's been doing (what ever) a long time. If so, then she has a passion.

About six months ago a gal I took to a on stage play twenty years ago wanted me to meet her friend. She was old like me but did (low impact) trapeze :oops: Didn't work out, I caught her being a C-word to the workers fixing her house. GHOST

Last edited:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However, with her hobby being fencing,
I'm in the dark about those that have a fencing passion.
Make up your mind dude, is it a hobby or a passion? ;)

I knew one dude in college that fenced. Def not an alpha type.

Knew a lady well in Japan who didn't fence by her hobby was a team competitive sport. I never would have guessed she competed in any way until she told me.

Knew another girl (knew her well but didn't date her) who did a lot of boxing, but again, never would have guessed if she didn't tell me.

Both ladies I knew long enough to know they had genuine feminine personalities. Zero hint of competitiveness.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

There are many patterns and rhythms one has to memorize to perform well in a sport like fencing. If you’ve ever done any sort of swordplay you know the amount of patterns there are. It’s closer to a dance than a sport and the “winner” is just the one who follows the patterns better. They’re introducing it to the Olympics.
It doesn’t require much talent to be okay, but requires a butt ton of skill to be good (somewhat like chess, which you mentioned you are good at?) I think that any differences in her personality would be similar to ones of a dancer. And one more thing about fencing: you need to be able to read your partner. So don’t be surprised if she ends up interpreting your body language and signs with a bit more aptitude than you are used to.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fenced competitively. Fenced in the national championships several times. It is described as physical chess. You have to be intelligent to be a top fencer.