Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any NBA owners out there reading this?

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If so, I am available for hire to fill any vacant General Manager positions. I won't do things like trade for Shaq when he is 400 pounds, out of shape, four years past his prime and overpaid by about $12 million. I also won't give up Pau Gasol for mediocre rookie prospects, Kwame Brown (who was getting booed by fans at home) and a couple of draft picks that will be late first round at best.

Clearly, this criteria makes me more qualified than at least two GMs in the NBA right now.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Suns need an inside/defensive player. Sure, shaq is old. Not the way he used to be. But he was also very unhappy at Miami. Him and Mr. Riley didn't get along. Marion also wanted out of Phoenix. As for the Gasol Trade. Memphis isn't going anywhere... IDK. Good thing for Lakers though

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing about Shaq is he never had game to begin with.

Earlier in his career when he dominated the NBA, all he did was knock guys over with his butt and dunk on them.

Now that his athletic ability has faded, his lack of game is showing. Remember how as Jordan got older, his game evolved? See that didn't happen for Shaq because he had NO game.

It's a shame though. I have a friend who met him in person once and he said he was a heck of a nice guy.

But the problem is, Shaq is the product of the NBA hype machine that came about after Jordan retired. Once Jordan was gone playing baseball, the NBA's ratings suffered and to try to repair things, the NBA hyped every rising star they could find.

The along came Shaquille O'neal.

The guy had dominating physical skills and an outgoing personality. The NBA hyped him as "the next superstar" and it went to Shaq's head. Instead of working on his game (ahem, free throws) he was off rapping, making movies (ahem, Kazam), and basically doing everything but improving his skills.

I told my brother early on that Shaq would break down physically as he got older. Shaq was too heavy and his knees would never take the pounding. Sadly, I was right.

But the NBA Media Machine roles on looking for the Next Jordan. The first 'Next Jordan' was Grand Hill...then Penny Hardaway....then Jerry Stackhouse...then Allan Iverson....then Vince Carter....then Kobe Bryant...

But no matter how much the NBA tries, it can't manufacture super stars....

And NOBODY will EVER be like MIKE

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever onward said:
And NOBODY will EVER be like MIKE
Yeah, for real man. No one will ever be Mike. My mom got me the Bulls championship DVDs for Christmas, and I can't even watch them. I popped them in one night and it didn't rejuvenate any good memories for me. It was just tough to watch because things used to be so great in the NBA and with the Bulls.

As for Shaq, you're right. David Robinson and Karl Malone managed to be productive into their late 30s because they stayed in shape and were peak physical specimens. I've seen both of them recently on TV and they are still athletic looking. Robinson still looked like he could come off the bench for a team and be productive.

Shaq, on the other hand, didn't spend his summers staying in shape and working out. Instead, he made bad music and bad movies and opted to use the regular season to get back into shape. That works when you're in your late 20s and early 30s, but not when you're approaching 35 and aging in dog years. The fact that the guy has been an abomination from the free-throw line for 16+ years should also be an indication of his work ethic.

I enjoy his personality, and what you say about him is right. In college I dated a girl whose older brother was an executive with the Hawks. I've never met Shaq, but I've heard that what you say is true. Real down to Earth, friendly and engaging guy, but a lazy fat ass when it comes to staying in shape. Though, I guess Shaq cheated on his wife every time the team traveled. He had a different girl in each city. That's probably why he and his wife are divorced now.

Though, his infidelities hardly deviate from the norm in the NBA. From what I was told and what I saw when I was with my ex-girlfriend, nearly every NBA player who is mildly recognizable cheats on his significant other. Jason Kidd is notorious for it. Kobe does it or at least did it, and he has quite the track record for hooking up with the opposing team's dancers and cheerleaders. About the only dudes who are faithful are Kevin Garnett, Grant Hill, Dwyane Wade, Mark Jackson (old-school Pacer/Knick) and maybe a couple others.

Anyway, I have a crap load of NBA gossip stories that I heard and saw over the years that I dated her. I also witnessed some entertaining sh!t when we'd get to sit court-side at games. You'd be surprised how much you can observe from sitting that close. You quickly realize that the vast majority of NBA players do not give a sh!t about the game that is going on in front of them while they sit on the bench.

If you're interested in hearing some of them, PM me. I'm not going to get too in-depth about them here for obvious reasons. But I know how much fans of the NBA enjoy NBA gossip.

God, writing this thread is bringing out the AFC in me. :crackup: I wish I still dated this girl, and I'm thinking about calling her again.