Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Any girl would want you/"You're a good man."

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman says these things to you, do you read into it?

I had this female friend of mine come out with "You should really feel confident, you're a handsome and really clever guy and any girl would be lucky to have you."

I've also had a girl say something like "You're a really good man, a strong masculine presence."

Not making this thread just to massage my ego, I'm genuinely interested in whether this means anything or these girls are just buttering me up to get something. Because that is of course a classic manipulation the ladies like to fall on!

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you notice a difference in how girls treat you compared to other men, it's worth heeding. If there is no tangible result, then it's just ego massage.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women don't say all that for fun. Especially the first one, she sounds like she's ready have your baby lol

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
All depends how you come across

If she gives IOI's it's a good thing- she is showing respect for you & who you are

If not, it could be a fluffy pillow statement that coddles you right into the friend zone if you showed interest in her.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We need more context. Like how did that talk come about, and how long have you known them

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like pity to me. You better change it up, you are obviously doing something wrong. “Every girl is chasing you and I don’t know why” is what you should be hearing from her then you bang her too. She knows you aren’t nailing chicks. Better change that.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've only ever said that to men that I didn't want, but I was empathetic and felt like they were in a place where they needed the reassurance, so I gave it to them.

kzar_kzar

Don Juan
Reaction score

I had this female friend of mine come out with "You should really feel confident, you're a handsome and really clever guy and any girl would be lucky to have you."

I've also had a girl say something like "You're a really good man, a strong masculine presence."

Not making this thread just to massage my ego, I'm genuinely interested in whether this means anything or these girls are just buttering me up to get something. Because that is of course a classic manipulation the ladies like to fall on!
Should have said, 'how about you? ;) '

~ some girls are genuine about it if they cannot have you, maybe you are not attracted to them as potential partner etc etc..

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There seems to be 3 ways this could go:

[1] She is telling you that she really thinks highly of you because she wants you.

[2] She doesn't care for you, but wants to butter you up so that after she rejects you, you won't feel so bad - possibly to put you into the "spare man" parts bin if she decides it's time.

[3] She perceives your Sexual Market Value as being much higher than you, and she doesn't want you to reject her in the end.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

She's hitting up on you. Or rejecting you in a nice ways depends.

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now I don't know your situation but if you are financially stable it could mean they see you as beta future considerations or maybe they friend zoned you. Either way, it seems they don't have genuine desire for you because if they saw you as Alpha you would have already had sex with them. If by chance you did have sex with them, they want to turn you from alpha to beta. That's my take.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And by the way.... this is a rule of thumb I keep in mind. Women get complimented when they are good for the long term, men get complimented when they are good for the short term. When a woman is only good for the short term the man doesn't really want her, and it's easier for women to spread their legs than find someone who they like who likes them back. Conversely when a man is only good for the long term he doesn't arouse her like other men do, and it's easier for men to be a simpering, sniveling boyfriend than a sex magnet.

So unless a woman is escalating sexually when she "compliments" you, it's really a put-down. Women compliment men by showing that the man is good for the short term, and insult them by showing they're good for the long term.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As usual watch which kind of behaviour comes from her after she speaks.

I would rather being called hateful assh0le while she stay very close to me looking me in the eyes rather than being told that Im a great man who will make a woman happy while she checks her phone and cheers me goodbye.

I've been soft rejected with such lines like "you are a great guy and you will find many girls attracted from you" to which I replied "cool so any chance for a bl0wjob now"?

That didnt save me from the friendzone but at least saved me from the beta zone, her behaviour from her toward me changed for the better and at least the bothered to introduce me her friends.

OP I suggest you to make your attempt more physical to make it clear you mean business, this way you either get openly rejected or get straight to the goal line, all of these doubts is a waste a time in our life, works for me should be working for you too.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Code for:

"You're such an awesome, talented, handsome, smart, stable man, that you wold make a girl the happiest person in the world. I, just, uh, don't want anything to do with you sexually, or at all relationship-wise....bit for other girls, you're just the sh!t!!"

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Code for:

"You're such an awesome, talented, handsome, smart, stable man, that you wold make a girl the happiest person in the world. I, just, uh, don't want anything to do with you sexually, or at all relationship-wise....bit for other girls, you're just the sh!t!!"
Yeah...I think maybe this. She has flirted quite a bit with me physically in the past but TBH unless a girl's getting her kit off I'm just going to assume from now that words don't mean much.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And by the way.... this is a rule of thumb I keep in mind. Women get complimented when they are good for the long term, men get complimented when they are good for the short term. When a woman is only good for the short term the man doesn't really want her, and it's easier for women to spread their legs than find someone who they like who likes them back. Conversely when a man is only good for the long term he doesn't arouse her like other men do, and it's easier for men to be a simpering, sniveling boyfriend than a sex magnet.
This is a problem I have with the Community. Notice in your example, the guy is ONLY good for the short or the long term, and gets complimented or insulted accordingly. And of course the guy who is suitable to be a boyfriend is portrayed as simpering and sniveling. IMO, it is a bigger compliment to be good for BOTH the long term and the short term. A guy who turns her on, but still a guy she would like to keep around and pair bond to.

I have never had a woman who was interested in me long term not also be interested in having a healthy sex life with me. I don't think these girls were sneaking off to the bathroom to soak their panties in the sink.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a problem I have with the Community. Notice in your example, the guy is ONLY good for the short or the long term, and gets complimented or insulted accordingly. And of course the guy who is suitable to be a boyfriend is portrayed as simpering and sniveling. IMO, it is a bigger compliment to be good for BOTH the long term and the short term. A guy who turns her on, but still a guy she would like to keep around and pair bond to.

I have never had a woman who was interested in me long term not also be interested in having a healthy sex life with me. I don't think these girls were sneaking off to the bathroom to soak their panties in the sink.
The point was certainly not that they are mutually exclusive, but that whether being good for the short or long term is a compliment or putdown depends on which gender you are because different things are harder for them to achieve. Being a male sex magnet, and a female who is pursued for relationships by the guys she wants, is relatively harder than being a male provider or female who merely has sex. That's why when a woman says "you're good long term" it's a putdown. It means you are only fulfilling the basic role you have as a fallback to some woman once she hits an age where she decides she'd rather be miserable than alone*, whereas the men women want also manage to fulfill being sex magnets, and being a sex magnet makes it easier for you to get the relationships you want anyway if you want that.

*My view on relationships is very cynical and I'm thus paranoid about ever being in one, but I stand for it because it's based on my own observations and from that intuitions about them. To me, having relationships and children is the lowest common denominator for a human besides breathing, it takes zero positive traits for any mix of a moronic, careless, weak-minded person to eventually have those things.

Last edited: