Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any critique on my Fatloss Plan?

GunzBlazin

Reaction score
My story/stats: Basically, got a bad accident and got into the hospital for a long time. At home recovering I started eating a lot. Now I am 285 lbs, which is way too much of course (I'm a big guy though, so it doesn't really show). I want to get to 215/220 lbs, by losing mostly fat but also adding quite some muscle.

The Plan:

Monday: 1500 calories - No exercise
Tuesday: 1500 calories - Riding bike for +-7 hours (low/mod intensity)
Wednesday: 1500 calories - No exercise
Thursday: 1500 calories - Riding bike for +-7 hours (low/mod intensity)
Friday: Total fast, no calories
Saturday: Weightlifting day/metabolism boost day - +-3500 calories
Friday: Rest day - 2500 calories

Foods:
- Breakfast: whole grain bread + healthy toppings, occasionally some cereals and orange juice
- Lunch: basically same as breakfast
- Dinner: All kinds of things, mostly meat+potatoes+vegetables, or Indian rice dishes, or Italian spaghetti dishes
- I eat enough vegetables at every dinner meal. Also, now and then I eat some fruit: apple/banana, etc.

Some notes:
1. I don't like special food-diets and I don't like counting calories/counting nutrient ratios, etc. I just want to incorporate this into my daily life.
2. I eat the basic 3 meals a day.
3. I try to skip as much dairy as possible. (Also try to skip butter as much as possible)
4. Saturday is also a metabolism boost day, besides being a weightlifting day

Does anyone see some fundamental shortcomings in this fatloss plan(it's also a muscle building plan, if it works out correctly)? Like to hear your opinion.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Commitment is the key thing. You must commit to it daily, no matter how tired you are, no matter how much pain you're in. I would also include running as well.

Also your rest day should have your calories cut as well. I used to count my calories and constantly check up on my nutrition intake because I started a thing where I only ate what I knew I was going to use. That way not much of it turned into fat.

If I wasn't going to do anything physical, then I wouldn't pig out on food.

EvilAgenda

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would get a professional trainer for a week if you are just starting out again. Tell the trainer your goals, and learn the exercises so you do them properly. Better yet get one for a month, and pay the extra money, they will keep track of your progress and will determine if the workout and your diet are WORKING FOR YOU. (and adjust accordingly to benefit you the most)

I want to get to 215/220 lbs, by losing mostly fat
Your routine is not going to work, you will end up looking like a smaller version of you , instead of a leaner, fitter version of you with visible muscles.

I don't like special food-diets and I don't like counting calories
Don't be half-azzed about it if you are serious about losing fat. Losing fat and gaining muscle is mathematical science.

Eat 2700 calories per day, it doesn't matter what, as long as it has a lot of proteins, because you will need to eat about 270g of protein each day. As your weight drops, adjust your calories to 10 * (your weight in lbs), and adjust your proteins to 1g for each lb of (your weight). It's a safe formula, so memorize it.

DO NOT do low intensity/long duration exercises, those are for pvssies, and will not develop your muscle. Instead, you really have to hit those high intensity intervals and sprints. Sprints burn fat the best, but are also the toughest, as your entire body is under extreme physical stress; sprints also train your abs to hold the body together, and your endurance and breathing. You will notice how much easier it will feel doing cardio for endurance after you've done sprints for a couple of weeks.

Forget fasting. It slows down metabolism. Do NOT starve yourself either. Eat 6 or more times a day, smaller portions, so you never feel hungry. You MUST EAT EVERY DAY, or your exercises will be wasted as your body will not get enough energy and calories.

Post a picture of a guy's body that you admire. Use it as motivation on the days when you don't feel like getting up and working out. Everyone has days when they feel lazy, even athletes who work out for a living. You just have to get one foot in front of the other as someone on here mentioned. You have to leave it all at the gym too, no half-azzed work outs.

Last, and most importantly, get at LEAST 7 hours of sleep, aim for 8 hours of sleep, or else your body will not recover, and your exercises will be wasted.