Any 1 set to failure HIT'ers like me on here?

Ricardo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know I've seen a poster or two on here that said they do this.

Well I've been working out for 8 years now and have tried many of the routines you see in the fitness mags, plus the Body for Life method.

For me doing two light warm up sets for an excercise than one all out set to failure has given me the best results in terms of strength gains that I have obtained in a long while. I am setting new strength records in everything.

I had previously tried weights in which I failed at low reps 4-6, but that hasn't done me as good as lifting heavy and failing at the more traditional high rep range of 10-15.

I didn't post on the numbers game because I'm not really concerned about others, I just focus on incremental improvements for me. You can go crazy trying to keep up with the Jones!

I am applying the same idea to my cardio workouts, short and intense, normally involving running. I want to get my 1 mile times down to what they were in highschool as well as my 400 time.

So basically since July, my numbers on most lifts have gone up at least 10% on weight (and sometimes much more). This for me is a great improvement.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Good work. That's how everything should be done. Do it once, do it right, and do it to the extreme.

Then rest.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. I often torture myself with HIT. I love it.

DLS

Ricardo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many days a week do you work out upper body and lower body.

My most recent system includes only one time a week for my legs and every 5-6 days for upper body.

I am doing some cardio as well. I haven't settled on a great plan for that yet. However one current plan involves around running 1 mile at a time and every time I run one I want to run a faster time. So I'm doing very little cardio at this time, but will add a bit more to drop body fat.