Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anxiety

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm talking about anxiety in general. I can't get rid of it. I work out all the time. I exercise. I try to think positively, but no matter how hard I try I can't shake this fear. I'm afraid all the time. I can't just chill out. My mind just won't stop going. I can't even sleep half the time. It's killing a lot of relationships and it's becoming harder and harder to form new ones. I've coped with anxiety my whole life and I'm sick of it. I avoid things and people all the time just because I know I'm going to be anxious and in a bad mood. Despite the fear I do a lot of things anyway, which has been good. However, I'm not able to enjoy my life to the fullest. I'm really frustrated right now.

The number one thing is the anxiety makes me feel like less of a man. I lose a lot of respect from people when they see me all anxious. You can imagine this ain't helping me with the ladies. Seriously sometimes I feel like a such a b*tch.

Anyway sorry for the rant, I just want some advice on how to get rid of anxiety. For anyone who has got rid of their anxiety, it would be a big help. Please don't tell me to suck it up.

Blood Angel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally suffer from at least one Anxiety Disorder, so I know where you're coming from.

Like you, I'm an active person but tend to be high strung. I find my Anxiety is worst in social situations with people that I'm unfamiliar with. This is Social Anxiety Disorder, but it's possible for a person to just be on edge all the time - this falls under the extremely broad General Anxiety Disorder label (another thing I deal with).

For the General Anxiety, I take an extremely low dose of a sedative (the name escapes me at the moment) every morning with breakfast. The tablet is smaller than the nails on my small fingers and removes my constant Anxiety and keeps it under control in social situation (basically, it takes the edge off so that I can maintain my cool).

Just go to your doctor and describe your symptoms to him/her. They'll know what to do.

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I was prescribed klonopin before and though it did help with anxiety, it also made me dependent on it. I developed a tolerance to it because I was taking it everyday. Eventually I had to withdrawal from it which was hell. It made me forget a lot of things and also made me tired all the time. My motivation was completely shot on klonopin.

I've been to the doctor and have been prescribed everything from anti-depressants to mild sedatives, but they all come with side effects and none have been very effective.

Blood Angel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever tried Diazapam? Or Diazapan? something like that...

It's what I take. Very mild but does the job. As for becoming dependent on the stuff and its side effects, sometimes it can pay to only take half a tablet when starting out. The body will begin to adapt and compensate in an effort to combat the effects of the drug, but when that happens you simply up your dose to a full tablet once per day. It shouldn't take long before you find the dose that's right for you where your body won't fight it anymore.

lugsy211

Don Juan
Reaction score
You've raised a big issue here. If you see your Doctor he/she may be able to talk about some therapies such as CBT - cognitive behavioural therapy before taking anxiolytic medications which of course all have side effects, see; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiolytic

In the meantime think about;

Where or what is the source of your anxiety?

How does this affect your daily interactions? How could you increase your self-esteem?

Have you done anything in the past that helped you?

Remember it is only human to feel anxiety, for some it fades with time, becomes more easily managed, however it may well be that you will always have to cope with it.

You can do it.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll tell you what really helped me a lot in managing my own anxiety as well as other issues (I had tons of them). There's this chick named Kelly Howell that produces these subliminal message CDs geared for various different things such as relaxation, positive minset, weight loss, attracting money, etc. I thought these things were probably bogus until I tried them. And I felt an immediate difference right away (although you do have to continue using them everyday for about a month or two to get your brain consistently operating that way).

The reason these things are so good is because your conscious brain can't block them the way it usually does with self affirmations. Since the messages are subliminal, they creep in through the backdoor and trick your mind into believing them.

I strongly recommend checking out a few of these programs.

http://www.brainsync.com/kellybio.asp

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lugsy211 said:
You've raised a big issue here. If you see your Doctor he/she may be able to talk about some therapies such as CBT - cognitive behavioural therapy before taking anxiolytic medications which of course all have side effects, see; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiolytic

In the meantime think about;

Where or what is the source of your anxiety?

How does this affect your daily interactions? How could you increase your self-esteem?

Have you done anything in the past that helped you?

Remember it is only human to feel anxiety, for some it fades with time, becomes more easily managed, however it may well be that you will always have to cope with it.

You can do it.
If I could describe my anxiety its like my mind never shuts down. I can't focus on one thing because my mind is always scanning everywhere. I'm always self-conscious. For example, the other day I went to the dining hall by myself after class because I was starving. The whole time I was so in my head. I was sitting by myself and the whole time I felt like people were judging me or something. The thing is I know my thoughts are wrong. I know all about CBT, yet I can't help feeling the anxiety. When I'm by myself I can't stand it because my mind just won't STFU. This is part of the reason why I can't sleep. My mind just never stops going.

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nexus Polaris said:
I'll tell you what really helped me a lot in managing my own anxiety as well as other issues (I had tons of them). There's this chick named Kelly Howell that produces these subliminal message CDs geared for various different things such as relaxation, positive minset, weight loss, attracting money, etc. I thought these things were probably bogus until I tried them. And I felt an immediate difference right away (although you do have to continue using them everyday for about a month or two to get your brain consistently operating that way).

The reason these things are so good is because your conscious brain can't block them the way it usually does with self affirmations. Since the messages are subliminal, they creep in through the backdoor and trick your mind into believing them.

I strongly recommend checking out a few of these programs.

http://www.brainsync.com/kellybio.asp
Thanks I check it out. I've tried subliminal cds, guided visualizations, self hypnosis. I'll see if it helps out.