Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anwering to Compliments?

Lesson

Don Juan
Reaction score
This might sound dumb as hell, but damn, Its one of the weakest parts of my game. OK, when getting compliments, I never know how to respond... For example, a lot of girls say to me "Wow you have such great eyes"... now "thankyou" is just a waste and doesn't show confidence... you can do the C/F route and say like "yea I get it a lot" but that just is eh... Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Peace

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just say "Thank you" with a casual air, like it was nothing, then move on.

Generally I find it isn't easy to come up with c&f all the time. And its better to leave it at "thank you" than say something stupid.

Also remember, its not what you say, its HOW you say it.

A dumbass can make the most ****y/funny statement but still confuse/offend the girl, whereas you can say "thank you" in a way that is better than any other CF.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
make sure you do not compliement her back just because she complimented you that would be the worst thing you could do. saying thank you sounds like a good idea, just make sure you dont look like your trying to ger her approval, if you want you could comment on what she said for example she says "you have buitifull eyes", and you reply, "yes a lot of peolpe have mentioned that"

hope iv been a help

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do some ****y funny lines...

"...they keep telling me" (there's a thread on CF comebacks so do a search on it)

and you can also throw in a compliment too... I personally take it as a licence for commenting on their ass or legs or something like that

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Now that is the lamest pick-up line I ever heard"

Believe it or not, this gets laughs. I reply stuff like this all the time and it works. You have to make sure it is obvious you are joking so you don't come off as an arrogant little sh!t

It cuts both ways. You are showing you are confident and the girl will feel better about complimenting you than if you were to 'wave it off'.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don_Marko the reason you should not compliment back is because you should not compliment too much as it looks like you are kissing her ass, its suposed to make them feel special when you compliment them, you know how you feel when some one compliements you but if you automaticly comlimented her back every time, your compliments would mean notihng to her and it would look like you are kissing her ass, and this would be bad

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
Don_Marko the reason you should not compliment back is because you should not compliment too much as it looks like you are kissing her ass, its suposed to make them feel special when you compliment them, you know how you feel when some one compliements you but if you automaticly comlimented her back every time, your compliments would mean notihng to her and it would look like you are kissing her ass, and this would be bad
Firstly, Don_Marko never made a reference in his post to complimenting someone to much.

Now onto your reply, I disagree with it and I will explain why. If they compliment you first and you return a compliment, you are not putting them on a pedestal. If you compliment a girl as much as she compliments you, you aren't giving her any power. She has no control because she knows that she only gets when she gives.

If I recieve a compliment from a girl and I have a decent compliment to give, I generally will. If I don't have any compliment, I will usually just put a big grin on my face.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats the whole point, do not compliment them because they are complimenting you, at least do not make it a rule just a 1 off, because otherwise they will see that you are only doing it because she did it and she will know that if you compliment here it means nothing, hence the kissing her ass bit.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lesson
This might sound dumb as hell, but damn, Its one of the weakest parts of my game. OK, when getting compliments, I never know how to respond... For example, a lot of girls say to me "Wow you have such great eyes"...
While looking intoo her eyes tell her "Well thank you, I'm glad you noticed. Feel free to stare, I don't mind." ;)

This stuff is too easy....

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow Francisco d'Anconia that is an amzing answer it has everytinhg you need in 1 line, how do you come up with this stuff

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to compliment back in order to change the vibe from friendly to sexual, as the compliments I'd say back are of that nature.

But yeah... I also like Francisco's comeback, I'll put it in a good use sometime :)

Lesson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco, thats a great response, good looking out homie.

CEF

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I have a genuine compliment to give in return I will return the favour, if not I just say 'Thanks' and smile.

However, im really impressed by Francisco's line, im definitely going to try to remember to field test it!

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
used it and it works

Originally posted by Caveman
"Now that is the lamest pick-up line I ever heard"
Awhile back I used a veriation of that after cheerleader said
Her:"Are you gay?"
Me:"Does that pick-up line work on every guy";):D

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: used it and it works

Originally posted by baseballDJ
Awhile back I used that after the girl said
Her:"Are you gay?"
Me:"Does that pick-up line work on every guy";)
LOL

Yeah or:
Her: Are you gay?
You: Are you one of those girls that are into converting gay men? Then, by god yes i am! :D