Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

anti-anxiety drug: Paxil Quest.

vanillasky

Don Juan
Reaction score
My doctor subscribed an anti-anxiety drug called Paxil. I've heard that it works wonders, but i know some people taking it and that it affects their sex drive. My uncle takes it, and hasn't had a gf for years, due to the side affects of this drug. I am skeptical about taking this, and am wondering if anyone else has these same symptoms. Cause i know without a sex drive, my dj game is lost.

Rashad

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been prescribed a few anti-depressants in the past.. and i can say that they did indeed affect me.

Basically, it was almost impossible for me to reach orgasm..

But then again.. its like that normally when im with a girl.. i always take a while.. and its really irritating, but with the prescriptions.. even masturbation will take you forever..

I know this sounds kinda sick, but its the best way i could put it.:D

The Young Geezer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Working in Iceland - Originally from Buenos Aires,
no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

paxil (paroxetine) is an evil drug, it's a SSRI, a type of antidepressant that yo must take for a period of time to start working, it's basically a different version of prozac(fluoxetine), I have friends who've been prescribed with aropax (paroxetine, 20mg) and after doing some research and feeling dispossesed quit taking it after 2 weeks, at the beggining (~2-3 weeks) they say it's wonderful, but it totally changes your personality, and tolerance is a *****, not much is known about the neurotoxicity of this drugs and it's interactions, and if you want to quit you can't go cold turkey, you have to tamper your dose for weeks, I dont know how much you're prescribed, but more than 20mg daily ain't good, there are much more effective anti anxiety drugs out there with less personality changing/side effects than SSRI's, benzodiazepines are mcuh safer (except for your liver, but compared to alcohol the liver damage they cause is nothing), I dont know you so maybe you have an obsessive-compulsive disorder in which case SSRI's have proven to be useful if taken for a short period of time under supervision of a specialized doctor, but if you just suffer from panic attacks SSRI's can backfire badly IMO, benzos are the way to go, ask your doctor about klonopin (clonazepam), xanax (alprazolam) or ativan (lorazepam), IMO they are much safer, quicker and less addictive and personality changing than SSRI's, the downside is that they make you sleepy too, but alprazolam is fast acting and is perfect for anxiety attacks, but you should never take more than the dose your doctor reccomends or mix it with alcohol or other Central Nervous System depressants.

NoMore

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have done a lot of research on paxil lately because the girl I was seeing is/was on paxil. She has been taking 25mg doeses for about 6 months now and she has decided that she wants to quit the drugs all together (very good choice IMO).

She is quitting cold turkey, which some have done, but nobody reccomends. The withdrawal effects are ridiculous and makes you wonder why anybody would take this drug in the first place! Brain zaps (like little shocks through your head), wooshing sounds (yes, you hear ****), dizziness, nausea, even depression, and very very easy to set off, aggitated, visions of stuff. Its scary just to think about how much it affects your head. One of the things that alot of people are told when they are trying to quit is "You are not going crazy!" This freakin drug makes you think you are completely losing it!

Most people that I have read about that are quitting the drug are quitting because of several reasons (no particular order): 1. They don't like the loss of sexual drive/energy. Its non-existant for some. 2. They can't control the weight gain, and 3. they feel like they just don't care anymore and they aren't the same person, they are like zombies.

I don't know about the others that The Young Geezer reccommended but if you suffer from depression too Lexapro and effexor are supposed to have less side effects...but I am not a doctor and have only done some slight research.

Don-Wan Kenobi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Please stay the hell away from this stuff.

Talk to your doctor about alternatives.

If you DO NOT NEED to be on any medications, stay very far away from them. They aren't like streetdrugs that give you that boost when you need them. They are like streetdrugs in that many of them are addictive and lead to all sorts of health problems.

Assuming you are in serious need of pharmaceutical intervention, please find a compassionate physician who is open minded and experienced in prescribing psychotropic medications. He or she should not try too bully or threaten you into taking medications, particularly for anxiety. These aren't miracle pills. They're mystery pills so be careful.

DWK

davedave

Don Juan
Reaction score
What are natural sex-drive supplements I can take to off set the evil sexual side effects of Paxil?

(I am a student and am struggling to change prescriptions and I dont have insurance......)

BigDave

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi, im also on an antidepressant called DOTHIEPIN. Anyone know about this one? maybe you could ask your doctor about it. I know you still have to wait about a month for full effect and then cant come off it quickly but i dont see that as bad. Anyone taken this?

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask your doctor about St. John's Wort. Research has shown it to have the exact same possitive effects of Paxil (and it's other derivitives) without the side effects, prescription hassles, or cost.

So why did your doctor prescribe Paxil instead of St. John's Wort? Because doctors get paid by the companies that produce drugs like Paxil when they push their drugs.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You really should start a different thread for this question, but I'll answer it anyway.

What are natural sex-drive supplements I can take to off set the evil sexual side effects of Paxil?
I suggest asking your doctor about tribulus terrestris and ginseng. Despite them being natural/herbal MAKE SURE you talk to your doctor before taking these. They are safe to take alone, but I don't know what kind of reaction they can have with Paxil.

Of course you should also ask about St. John's Wort.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paxil, like any other SSRIs like Zoloft, can cause your weiner not to follow your commands especially during the times your counting on them.

Have you tried other means than medications?

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I came here looking for the best way to lose my winter love handles and saw this post... This is very strange, as well as scary to read....

After my divorce, my doc put me on Paxil. I know peeps take anti-depressants for depression, and mine was pretty bad. My problems stemmed from what my ex-wife did to me. She left me very poor, homeless, with only a job, and the clothes on my back. So my doc suggested Paxil and honestly, it was the best thing for me. I have no side effects, in fact, I think I actually f*ck more now than before (depression will do that). My g/f loves the sex drive, and the staying power. Never had a problem getting it up, even on days that I'm over worked at the office. So I dunno? .... maybe it works for some and not for others. I'm more focused, things bother me less. Like I use to worry A LOT. Now, it's like, so what? I've drank on it, no side effects. I think if I couldn't drink on it, I would have stop taking it. Actually, my doc first put me on soemthing like Paxil Serzone I think it's called, and MAN, you cannot drink on that! It will have you in a fetal position shaking, etc. So I stopped taking it, and switch to Budweiser. :)

I truly think it's helped me a lot. I've forgotten to take it for a few days, and still, no side effects.... strange.

Anyone know a good way to lose love handles in a hurry?

A1SteakSauce

Don Juan
Reaction score
st. john's wort story

i ended up taking this *by accident.* that sounds stupid but i was trying to get my sex drive back after i already got my heart broken (but not my house stolen, sorry ILHM, dude) and i took some stuff recommended on the internet by some quack and i never looked at the ingredients.

well, the strangest thing happened. i started getting women all over me. one time a carful of chicks even pulled over and started talking to me and thAt never happens. i could walk down the street and chicks just smiled at me all over the place. it was crazy. and, i stopped doing my work, i just felt . . . happy

at the same time, i could definitly still get it up, BUT, it didn't feel like anything when i came. it felt like a piss, nothing more. so i finally decided to look at all the pills i had prescribed myself and one of them contained st.john's wort. surprise! that is like when they used to slip coke into Coke. "get a lift"

so, my point is, you CAN still have sex on st. john's wort, and it CAN really change your personality, and i think if you're depressed it relieves that, i wasn't really, but it made me super happy, BUT it can have strange internal effects as well. although it sucks being back to my less popular normal person self, when everyone else loved Mr. Smiley, it is at least the real me

A1

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by A1 SteakSauce:

well, the strangest thing happened. i started getting women all over me. one time a carful of chicks even pulled over and started talking to me and thAt never happens. i could walk down the street and chicks just smiled at me all over the place. it was crazy. and, i stopped doing my work, i just felt . . . happy
A1, are you sure there wasn't something else in it, such as crack or a mind-altering drug that causes delusions.

A1SteakSauce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Un_1: There was your mother's ***** juice, but they've been selling that **** all over the Internet for some time and it mostly attracts flies . . . yup, I'm sure it was the SJW

A1

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A1, are you sure there wasn't something else in it, such as crack or a mind-altering drug that causes delusions.
Aside from A1's car experience which was pure coincidence, he described a pretty accurate depiction of what taking SJW can do for a depressed person. However what SJW will NOT do is help someone who is NOT depressed - unless the effects are from placebo. Anti-depressants restore the brain chemical balance for depression, they don't enhance anything.

This is the first time I've heard of sexual side effects from SJW though.

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiftkey,

I agree that St. John's Wort can improve your mood and fix a chemical imbalance in the brain. My comment was based on A1's remark that a car full of women pulled over to talk to him because of it, I mean let's be serious here.