Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Another Gay 'hows my regimen' Post

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[Trying to keep it brief as possible]

----------DIET---------

105g Protein
150-160 Carbs
not sure of fat, not too bothered as it's a sensible amount

----------Work Out--------

Monday: [Legs] Squats, Lunges, Leg Curls

Tuesday: [Chest+Tri] Bench, Flys, Narrow-Grip Bench, Skull Crushers

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: [Back+Bi] Upright Rows, Dumbell Rows, Dumbell Curls, Barbell Curls

Friday: [Shoulders] Shoulder Press, Front Raises, Side Raises

Saturday: CARDIO

Sunday: OFF

----------------------------

I'm thinking of getting whey protein to balance up the protein and the carb ratio, what do you experienced guys think?

I do a hell of a lot of walking, house work, etc etc so I'm not too bothered about there not being too much cardio

Oppinions would be ace, cheers

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
105g Protein
150-160 Carbs
This isn't nearly enough. Get whey protein to balance it.

Carbs are easier to get than anything else. I eat a box of pasta a day, among other things. 8 servings x 41 grams of carbs = 328 grams of carbs. That's 3/4 of my daily intake in just one meal.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you tryin to cut up ben? If so, then yeah, you need some extra protein in there.... doesn't look like you're getting a lot of calories. I'd say shoot for like a 40/40/20 ratio for protein/carbs/fat.

Get the whey, if you have a costco around, see if you can find someone who can get in... the ones around here have a 6 lb jug for 20 bucks. If not, www.1fast400.com and get the 5 lb jug of optimum, comes out to $30 after S&H. If you order something else you'll get a cool shaker bottle too I think :)

The protein is awesome... let's you make some cool stuff (shakes... put it in oatmeal, or on ice cream? yummy) and it's an awesome supplement. First thing I noticed was how it cut down on soreness. You'll feel more ready to go the day after your workout. Keep up the work!

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I want to get down to about 10-11% bf at the moment [13% right now] and then I'll start bulking again... that damn beer made me gain a bit too much flab while I was bulking :p

I'll be heading out to the stores to pick up some whey in the next few days, or I'll do as you said and shoot for the free shaker bottle ;)

Good to see no one's found any real fault with my workout though :)

Cheers for the replies guys

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you get 105 grams of protein without whey protein? I am hitting around 140 a day, but that's with two protein bars a day. Each bar has 35 grams of protein in it.

Also, if your interest in getting a great source of protein, I recommend Nitrotech protein bars. Chocolate peanut butter delight tastes simply amazing... almost like a candy bar.

ZW52

Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday: [Legs] Squats, Lunges, Leg Curls

This is a pretty good leg routine but I think you should not neglect your calves. You should probably add calf raises or another such calf exercise.

Thursday: [Back+Bi] Upright Rows, Dumbell Rows, Dumbell Curls, Barbell Curls

So you are doing the same amount of exercises for your back which is composed of many large muscles as you are for your biceps which are maybe 10% of the size of your back. You should probably add another back exercise such as Pullups or pulldowns to your back work. You could also do well with your biceps just doing one exercise preferably Barbell curls.

Friday: [Shoulders] Shoulder Press, Front Raises, Side Raises

Front raises are not very neccesary since the front head of your deltoid is very involved in Bench presses. Instead you could add Bent over lateral raises to work the Rear head of your deltoid.

Just my two cents.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry I forgot to mention the routine.

No shrugs?

no deads or stiff leg deads?

No pullups?

I'd say those are all necessities.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with semag, stiff leg deads, pull ups and shrugs are a must.

In your chest exercise, skip the flys and go for incline benchs and/or weighted dips.

I feel that arnold press give more to the deltoids than (front) raises do. Matter of opinion maybe but try it out and see what you prefer.

Reaction score
you need (your body weight) x 1.5-2.0

for example: me i'm 165lbs, I should be aiming for 247.5.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah , I thought I had deads in there but I seem to have missed it. I have huge calfs anyway, so I'm missing them out for a little while.. letting my body get into a better proportion before starting them again.

I've got no idea why I didnt think of pull ups, and I've just added shrugs after reading about how useful they are on a BBing site. I was starting to think my workout was getting pretty light... thanks for all the tips guys, I'd be lost without 'em =]

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've just done some research, from what I've read, when you really starting hitting into the upright rows, they start to do the shoulders some damage.

What do you guys think you can replace it with [assuming it's true]?

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful with the upright rows, they're hard on your rotator cuffs.

I'd recommend something like this:

Monday Legs
Squats (3 sets)
Leg press (3 sets)
Leg extension (2 sets)
Leg curl (3 sets)
Stiff leg deadlift (2 sets)
Standing calf raise (3 sets)

Wednesday Back/biceps
Deadlift (3 sets)
Pullups (3 sets)
Barbell row (3 sets)
Dumbell row (2 sets)
Shrugs (3 sets)
Barbell curl (3 sets)
Dumbell incline curl (3 sets)
Hammer curl (2 sets)

Friday Chest/shoulders/triceps
Bench press (3 sets)
Incline dumbell press (3 sets)
Dips (2 sets)
Military press (3 sets)
Side laterals (2sets)
Rear laterals (2 sets)
Lying tricep extension/skullcrusher (3 sets)
Close grip bench press (3 sets)