Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Another Benefit to Strength Conditioning.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps some of you More SEASONED vets will recognize ancillary benefits BEYOND the muscles, stamina, and strength gained by regular, heavy, compound lifting...

Lifting, in addition to increasing muscle size, strength, stamina, sometimes flexibility, ALSO, increases bone density and tendon strength. Maybe this sounds "counter" to what is pushed through the media outlets, but ask yourself this question...those who have problems with flexibility, stamina, osteoporosis, and every OTHER ailment inherent in an unused body, do they utilize any STRENGTH program?

Normally the answer is no. I would venture a guess that WOMEN, by and large are UNFIT. That's not to say OUT OF SHAPE, many IN SHAPE, nice curves, etc, are still UNFIT. They are easily injured. They are weak. They lack muscle. They will eventually get osteoporosis, since it is linked to estrogen and the decline they suffer after menopause. Their posture normally isn't great, UNLESS they are dancers by hobby, habit, or sport. They have poor skills of coordination, again, unless they danced or played a sport, and even then, if they didn't TRAIN their body for the daunting activity of their sport, they lacked stamina, strength, agility, and perhaps found themselves weak and sore quicker than most other's.

Women are quick to dole out advice and commentary that "they don't want to be big", yet put themselves for TONS of problems as soon as they hit 30. Why 30? By that age, most women are pregnant, OR, are gaining weight. Few women cross that threshhold unscaithed because they didn't workout properly. Extensive classes of CARDIO are great for LOSING weight and BEING ACTIVE, but it wreaks havoc on their body, their joints (constant pounding), and muscle mass, not only making them WEAK-ER, but losing valuable curves.

I'm not meaning to PICK directly only women, but a WELL ROUNDED program of fitness would entail...

-Strength training...that emphasizes MAJOR muscles and COMPOUND movements. As noted above, strength training INCREASES muscle mass, and while working out, BURNS roughly the most calories, unless of course you engage in a marathon or play an intense game of basketball, football, boxing, etc.
-Cardio...but it doesn't all have to be pavement pounding. Think of HOW you'd want to train and what you'd want to train for. Maybe you want to be inshape for flag football like me...then try sprinting sessions, pulling a home-built sled with weight, biking, and try to push yourself for SHORT burst sessions. The LONG hours of running might broaden your endurance for long running sessions, but would be somewhat useless as it relates to TRAINING. Of course it's OK to do it, but wouldn't be PRIMARY to what you're hoping to be TRAINED for.
-Flexibility, preferably Bikram Yoga or a Martial Art. IMO, both offer the spiritual side to physical training, as well as adding benefits of flexibility, purification, and learning new valuable skills. With Martial Arts, it's confidence and the ability to handle attackers. With Yoga, you purify the body through 20+ movements in 105+ degree heat for 1.5 hours. Not only is the MORE intense than most lifting sessions, but it's very relaxing and meditative. It's DEFINATELY not girly, although women gravitate toward it more because its very much a strength training activity, but they're not ON DISPLAY for all men to view in steroid infested gyms.
-Body-weight Exercises. I highlight this one because of all 3, being able to INCREASINGLY utilize your OWN body weight under various DAY-to-DAY conditions is of the utmost importance. If you care 250, but can't run with it, then you're a very IMMOBILE power source. But a FAST 250lb LINEBACKER, is a FORCE to be RECKONED with! Pushups, free squats, sitting against a wall-squat, hindu squats, pullups, pushups, and perhaps even handstand shoulder presses, and many others add MUCH strength to the body, can be done ANYWHERE, and give you USEFUL strength. If you're confined to machines, you're TRUE strength OUTSIDE the gym is a % of what it is in the gym. Yet, gymists and wrestlers who work with their body ALL day can whip people around, including themselves and be MASSIVELY strong, with much bulk. My own brother was a wrestler, who all he did was lift his body and other's in various positions. He didn't appear muscular, and our family's genetics are not football ready, but he definately could out muscle people BEYOND his weight, perhaps up to 200, when he was merely 160, maybe even heavier.

I'd pick from those categories. It's important to look good, but lifting only in the gym can be boring and very one dimensional. Additionally, lifting is great, but it won't enhance your ON court basketball game, or any other intense activity.

So again, lifting does increase bone density and strengths the tendons and joints. IMPROPER lifting will hurt it, but over time, as you progress in weight, you'll lift proper. This is another reason why it should be LIFELONG pursuit, because it is best for your body and longevity to workout for a longtime, rather than pack on tons of great looking, but useless muscle onto an oft injured body.

A-Unit

OpIvy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women also live longer because their testosterone levels are not as high.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OpIvy said:
Women also live longer because their testosterone levels are not as high.
Not that I'm disputing you, but where did you find this information. I'm interested in doing a bit of research on this.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They probably live longer because they have a smaller body to support and don't beat the hell out of it as much.

I've also read we have more free radicals in our bodies and too high level of iron because we don't bleed it out. i don't know :)

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Women might live longer, but they do so very often in nursing homes, almost in shear lunacy as Alzheimer's patients and Cancer Survivors.

Much of men's early death can be attributed to the near-fixed capacity of our body. Sure, it rejuvenates cells, but also the higher calorie diet men normally consume puts a greater level of stress on the body as a whole, particularly the organs and the heart.

Testosterone is a tough hormone that does shorten male lifespans. I read such things in "Heroes, Rogues, and Lovers," which demonstrated how hormones influence history through its various quantities found in people.

Men have their purpose, women have theirs. Problems arise when one HATES their inherent nature and tries to buck it, with social controls and protocols, laws, actions, and other manipulations.

Even Nutritional Books or books on Hormones specifically could lead you to your answer FDA. I would also get Heroe's Rogues and Lover's, if for nothing more than a good read behind Jvesti's T Theory.

A-Unit

OpIvy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Not that I'm disputing you, but where did you find this information. I'm interested in doing a bit of research on this.
"The action of testosterone can be in ways both beneficial and detrimental to the body. On the plus side, this hormone has a direct impact on the growth of muscle tissues, the production of red blood cells and overall well being of the organism. But it may also negatively effect the production of skin oils, growth of body, facial and scalp hair, and the level of both "good" and "bad" cholesterol in the body [among other things]. In fact, men have a shorter average life span than women, which is believed to be largely due to the cardiovascular defects that this hormone may help bring about."

It's from the author related to www.terepharmacy.com a supplier of steroids.