Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anger, Jealousy & Evolution

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With some of the posts lately I've started wondering about something. Obviously anger and jealousy appear to be a ****tail of reactions some/many guys experience when a women dumps them or jumps to another "perceived" better branch. Note some of the recent threads where guy says "I want to ... <violent stuff> ... her". Or there is often a "get even" rant or urge.

Now the questions.

If this type of response to being cast out was not beneficial to evolution, wouldn't it have been eliminated long ago and therefore not exist as a instinctive reaction today?

And if this type of response was beneficial (w/r to evolution) then what would you say the survival benefit really was (or is today)?

Or if this anger/jealousy reaction is beneficial in some way, it would appear that our modern society now shuns this behaviour thus leading to the complete elimination (or the behaviours) and therefore lead to what type of men in the future?

Finally, could it be that the male's anger/jealous reponse is just as beneficial/important to the evolution of a female as it is to males?

Quite curious.

TheDarkSaint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anger worked very well for pimitave man. If some other man tried to take his woman, his anger would fuel him to fight back to keep her and his offspring with him.

Jealousy prodded males into fighting other males to spread his genetic material.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sinistar said:
With some of the posts lately I've started wondering about something. Obviously anger and jealousy appear to be a ****tail of reactions some/many guys experience when a women dumps them or jumps to another "perceived" better branch. Note some of the recent threads where guy says "I want to ... <violent stuff> ... her". Or there is often a "get even" rant or urge.

Now the questions.

If this type of response to being cast out was not beneficial to evolution, wouldn't it have been eliminated long ago and therefore not exist as a instinctive reaction today?

And if this type of response was beneficial (w/r to evolution) then what would you say the survival benefit really was (or is today)?

Or if this anger/jealousy reaction is beneficial in some way, it would appear that our modern society now shuns this behaviour thus leading to the complete elimination (or the behaviours) and therefore lead to what type of men in the future?

Finally, could it be that the male's anger/jealous reponse is just as beneficial/important to the evolution of a female as it is to males?

Quite curious.

The way i see it:

To fully have something imprint on you is to feel it at an emotional lvl.
So anger/Jealousy all help to imprint a certain belief on your mind.
Anger in a situation. your pissed due to x, you know you will get pissed due to repeat of x, but you also in that anger work out solutions (or some make the anger consume them and do stupid things) when that event comes up or something similar your mind is armed with an outcome already imprinted, the anger is lessened and a more relaxed approach is found.

Jealousy same applies, it serves a purpose to protect ones interest, it is by rights a selfish emotion, which a lot think is counter productive to life, to a lot of situations it is, but again it can arm us with knowledge and response for when x situation comes up.

The bad trait is when we let emotions consume us, it’s just that jealousy and anger are very powerful compared to other emotions and can take control of our rational.

Even when we see the negative damage of Anger and Jealousy it only further arms us, when we again go into our relaxed state of mind, we reflect and see the problem for what it is, we grow and move on, emotions govern a lot of what we do, they are there for a reason and that is to expand your beliefs.

We are all ruled by emotions imo, everything we do is a translation of how we perceive our emotions and how much we allow them to control us or how we can try to control them.

At its core root, anger show we are annoyed, not happy at the situation and we want results gear towards our beliefs it is by rights a controlling emotion not just on us but our surrounding, which in some situations is not a bad thing.

Jealousy in its core, is a protective emotion we try to protect what we value be it an emotional or physical attachment, but it is purly selfish by nature, not a bad thing also since the only true one in this life is in-fact yourself.

The difference is how much do you let emotions control you in a positive or negative way that makes your world a richer place, anger and jealousy can make your world better but it has to be applied, if you know how to master it let me know :D

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Society doesn't cater to nature. Society, for the most part, goes against nature. That is why women are allowed to run the world while the man becomes submissive. We know that it doesn't work this way naturally, but we have no choice but to adapt. Adapting does not equal evolution.

Jealousy prodded males into fighting other males to spread his genetic material.
This is natural instinct. Natural evolution is slow. Society is trying to enforce evolution to make earth a more peaceful planet. In some ways it's good, and in some ways it's bad.

The enforcement of law prevents us from killing anyone we like. We cannot jab a spear through that other guy's head, so we must find a different way to project this energy, and project it legally. Without defying nature by accepting that she fvcked him behind your back, we must find our ways around the laws and transfer that energy toward something legal (and possibly more useful). Instead of kicking the other guy's ass, you could eliminate her from your life (cutting contact) and go fvck her best friend. It may not settle anything, but you get that energy out of your system. Then, focus more of that energy on having sex with other women. Eventually, you forget about getting revenge on the woman who cheated on you and move on.

At least, that's how I see it.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
quote: "Society doesn't cater to nature. Society, for the most part, goes against nature. That is why women are allowed to run the world while the man becomes submissive."

Wow. Women run the world... guess why that's why they do all the work, get paid less for the same work, get beat on by their husbands, are more prone to depression, make up a tiny tiny percentage of the positions of power... yadda yadda...

I understand how the growing relaxation of gender rules in (largely only) North America has made it more difficult for both men and women to find themselves (and for men to pick up women, of course), but there's absolutely no way you can convince me that men are not by FAR the sex in power.

OK sorry for the rambling. As a fairly left-wing, feminist sympathetic guy I am very much alone on this board...sometimes I need to really bite my tongue (er, fingers) to keep from saying things.

As for jealousy... when a woman dumps you it's a major blow to your ego, which then goes about making up all sorts of reasons why SHE is to blame so that you don't have to blame yourself. Of course, yeah, she is certainly at fault, but that's not really why you're angry. The base fact of the matter is that you're pissed because she didn't choose you. It's even worse if she dumps you for another man.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Realsmoothie, may I ask which part of the world you're from? I realize that what I posted applies mostly to North America and that other parts of the world are different.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
quote: Wow. Women run the world... guess why that's why they do all the work, get paid less for the same work, get beat on by their husbands, are more prone to depression, make up a tiny tiny percentage of the positions of power... yadda yadda...

I understand how the growing relaxation of gender rules in (largely only) North America has made it more difficult for both men and women to find themselves (and for men to pick up women, of course), but there's absolutely no way you can convince me that men are not by FAR the sex in power.
There's a thread on this where I think you could contribute nicely:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102300

realsmoothie said:
OK sorry for the rambling. As a fairly left-wing, feminist sympathetic guy I am very much alone on this board...sometimes I need to really bite my tongue (er, fingers) to keep from saying things.
Actually, I like to hear the other half's opinion.

As for THIS topic, I have never gotten "mad" at a woman for dumping me. Heartbroken? Maybe. But I've never wanted to get revenge for her simply not wanting to date me anymore. MY anger comes when a girl resorts to beating around the bush and stringing poor AFCs along, which further pushes them into AFCism, AKA gameplaying. If you want another guy, don't test the water first. Dump the guy you're with and date the other guy. If you get burned by the new guy, so be it. Life's tough. Most women don't have the integrity to handle this sort of behavior. Never have I ever heard of a story where a woman said, "I don't want to date you anymore, hence I am not attracted to you. Goodbye and have a nice life."

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
Wow. Women run the world... guess why that's why they do all the work, get paid less for the same work, get beat on by their husbands, are more prone to depression, make up a tiny tiny percentage of the positions of power... yadda yadda...

In North America? In Western Europe as well, all of the West. That you didn't include this gives us an indication of how sloppy you are with the facts. That also shines through in the rest of what you write.

Men are in power? Right. Men do most of the hard work (whatever lying feminists say), men make things work, but we are not in power. That is to say, those men who are in top positions are not working for our interests, but for leftist and feminist causes, even a so-called conservative like the latest from the Bush clan of PC climbers who talk the talk but actually change nothing.

Quotas are still in place, for example. The sociology classes, journalist academies etc are still dishing out Marxist hate literature all over the West; with actual quotes from Marx-boy himself and from people openly fawning over him, if you look up their names over the internet. And this indoctrination of the opinion-shaping elite is natural? Advantageous to men? Right.

Clever little feminists know how to portray things. Most large corporations are run by men - the Patriarchy rules the world! So a tyre factory is run by a man, and that somehow negates the fact that feminists get prime time in every main media while their critics do not - they can only spread information through their websites. That men are in the top positions in corporations is due to our IQ outliers and general outliers in creativity - something a feminist like yourself, feminism originating from "cultural Marxism," wouldn't understand, as feminism considers it a thought crime to acknowledge biological differences leading to different instincts between groups. Not a single time in all the male-bashing literature in college have I seen it acknowledged that men have these exceptional outliers, the geniuses that drag the rest of mankind along with them. Instead it's all "oppression". And it's the same whenever opinion-shaping elites open their mouths.

Btw, taken a look at divorce laws lately? How easy it is for a man to get custody of the child? Maybe something to look into.

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sinistar said:
Well, evolution isn't perfect in all the details. Our aggressive nature helps us against nature and human foes, but it comes back to bite us every now and then with no benefits included. The Greek tragedies are full of that stuff!

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friendly Otter said:
In North America? In Western Europe as well, all of the West. That you didn't include this gives us an indication of how sloppy you are with the facts. That also shines through in the rest of what you write.

Men are in power? Right. Men do most of the hard work (whatever lying feminists say), men make things work, but we are not in power. That is to say, those men who are in top positions are not working for our interests, but for leftist and feminist causes, even a so-called conservative like the latest from the Bush clan of PC climbers who talk the talk but actually change nothing.

Quotas are still in place, for example. The sociology classes, journalist academies etc are still dishing out Marxist hate literature all over the West; with actual quotes from Marx-boy himself and from people openly fawning over him, if you look up their names over the internet. And this indoctrination of the opinion-shaping elite is natural? Advantageous to men? Right.

Clever little feminists know how to portray things. Most large corporations are run by men - the Patriarchy rules the world! So a tyre factory is run by a man, and that somehow negates the fact that feminists get prime time in every main media while their critics do not - they can only spread information through their websites. That men are in the top positions in corporations is due to our IQ outliers and general outliers in creativity - something a feminist like yourself, feminism originating from "cultural Marxism," wouldn't understand, as feminism considers it a thought crime to acknowledge biological differences leading to different instincts between groups. Not a single time in all the male-bashing literature in college have I seen it acknowledged that men have these exceptional outliers, the geniuses that drag the rest of mankind along with them. Instead it's all "oppression". And it's the same whenever opinion-shaping elites open their mouths.

Btw, taken a look at divorce laws lately? How easy it is for a man to get custody of the child? Maybe something to look into.
This is top shelf stuff here, fellas.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
QUOTE]As for THIS topic, I have never gotten "mad" at a woman for dumping me. Heartbroken? Maybe. But I've never wanted to get revenge for her simply not wanting to date me anymore.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the sweetest revenge is just knowing that, in the long run at least, you are going to be in a better dating situation than her. I think we all know the feeling of having been dumped by a woman in her sexual market prime, and then see her years later after she has declined and we have become better. Sometimes that happens sooner if her next b/f turns out to be a loser.