Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Angels, and god

BuryYourDead

Banned
Reaction score
Did you ever notice how in the bible whenever god needed to punish someone, but whenever god needed a killing...he sent an angel. Do you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like?? a whole existance spent praising your god but always with one wing dipped in blood. would you ever realy want to see an angel?

AngelusPUA

Banned
Reaction score
Melbourne (Aus) Little Bahma (Bahamas) Marbella (S
God/Angels are a product of mankind’s desire to believe in something greater than himself.

God doesn't exist and I’ll tell you why, with the millions of galaxies in the universe and the billions of major religions probably out there it is more likely we were created by aliens in a science lab. The problem is we view Earth as the only planet that sustains life and the only important planet in the universe.

The fact is that the size of the universe is incomprehensible and there are likely to be millions of other planets that sustain life. On earth alone we have 22 major religions imagine how many religions are out there in the millions of other inhabited planets that reside in the furthest reaches of the galaxy. Imagine that and then ask yourself how we can believe that Christianity is the true explanation of how we came to be.

We are but a tiny insignificant speck of dirt floating in space.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I think all people no matter where they exist try to understand why and how they got here. It is not surprizing that most cultures on earth (I feel foolish for having to say earth) make similar conclusions about our origins, every culture has a creation story, several have a story of a great flood, and all preach about transcendence.

I do not think that it is crazy to believe in God. There are no absolutes; science can only give us theories, and religion requires faith... No one wins this fight.

YES I would hate to come into contact with any paranormal being.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SELF-MASTERY said:
I do not think that it is crazy to believe in God. There are no absolutes; science can only give us theories, and religion requires faith... No one wins this fight.
Science DOES give us absolutes. Science is applying reason to observation. If I observe that gold is denser than carbon, I have observed an absolute. If I take that one step further and say, since gold is denser than carbon, I can fit a greater mass of gold than carbon into a given box, then I have an absolute. That is science.

Science is made up of theories, but to discover absolutes, forming a theory is often the necessary first step.

Faith is a contradiction, it is believing without reason. Faith is not valid as long as you live in reality, because in reality, reason is a requirement.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Let me qualify my statement before you whiney boys make a 3 page thread.

Science can not give us any absolutes on the creation of earth, and any attempts to do so will simply be theoretical.

BuryYourDead

Banned
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Did you ever notice how in the bible whenever god needed to punish someone, but whenever god needed a killing...he sent an angel.

No, actually, I never did notice that. Can you cite specific verses?

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword...1&searchtype=all&startnumber=26&startnumber=1
if i had time to go thru 100 verses i would, i clicked a random page and i found punishment, ill find one of an angel killing someone later when i have time

Revelation 17:1
[ The Woman and the Beast ] One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters.
Revelation 17:1-3 (in Context) Revelation 17 (Whole Chapter)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whenever god needed a killing...he sent an angel.

No, there's plenty of killing without angels. The first death is Abel, and Cain didn't need any help.

And about Lot, Genesis 19 is pretty crazy.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 19;&version=31;

The men of Sodom want to gang rape the angels, but Lot stands up for them... but then he offers the crowd his virgin daughters instead. I know you think it is fiction, but at least it is not boring.

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
No, there's plenty of killing without angels. The first death is Abel, and Cain didn't need any help.
True but Abel was killed by Cain and God didnt exactly want him dead. The original poster was talking about moments in the Bible when God needed someone whacked.

Lot's story is one of the few excepetions where God actually gets his hands dirty and nukes a whole city. But if you look at most examples in the old testament (Egyptian plaques and random killings) God leaves the dirty work to his Angel of Death.... you know, mafioso style

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God must be an AFC. Never hear of Mrs God, or Him pulling babes, and he was too pvssy to even turn up when creating His only son. He did get some other AFC to raise it though.

Now those Roman Gods, they knew how to party.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BuryYourDead said:
Did you ever notice how in the bible whenever god needed to punish someone, but whenever god needed a killing...he sent an angel. Do you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like?? a whole existance spent praising your god but always with one wing dipped in blood. would you ever realy want to see an angel?
It depends on your perspective of death. Angels live in a realm where humans go when they die. So to an angel, they're not killing, they're sending.

And not all angels exist to kill people. But even if you did meet an "angel of death," shouldn't you be relieved that you're going to be sent to heaven and that your existance isn't limited to a short life on earth?

God/Angels are a product of mankind’s desire to believe in something greater than himself.

God doesn't exist and I’ll tell you why, with the millions of galaxies in the universe and the billions of major religions probably out there it is more likely we were created by aliens in a science lab. The problem is we view Earth as the only planet that sustains life and the only important planet in the universe.

The fact is that the size of the universe is incomprehensible and there are likely to be millions of other planets that sustain life. On earth alone we have 22 major religions imagine how many religions are out there in the millions of other inhabited planets that reside in the furthest reaches of the galaxy. Imagine that and then ask yourself how we can believe that Christianity is the true explanation of how we came to be.

We are but a tiny insignificant speck of dirt floating in space.
How does that explain how God doesn't exist? All that proves is that humanity probably doesn't have a religion that explains the spiritual with 100% accuracy. If there are aliens on those millions of other planets, what makes you think God didn't create them too?

Religion /= God

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats all Bible crap. If you believe int he Bible then that is your choice. I believe it was written by old people who wanted to scare the younger generations or something like that. I dont believe in angels or devils or ghosts or boogy men.