"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Analyzing rejection

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
Ok, it seems like many people here let the fear of rejection hold them back, based on some posts I've seen, so I figured that maybe it would be good to discuss why rejection is such a problem and to confront the fear so that we can see how it causes problems.

I personally don't mind rejection unless I have to see the girl again regularly, because then it creates this awkwardness when you do see her. You know, the type of feeling where you know a person, but then have to act like you have never seen them before in your life? That's just a strange feeling.

Other than that, rejection is not a problem, because we can always move on.

Another reason why we should not sit around and ponder our approach too much and just go up to a girl and ask her for her number, etc. is that the more buildup you create, the more it can come crashing down if things don't work out the way you hoped it would.

Anyways, any other theories or insights are welcome.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

legolas

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 2, 2003
Messages
951
Reaction score
14
Location
Red Sox Nation
For me it's not rejection neccessarily, although that's a part of it. I think for me the center of it all, the force driving it all is embarrasment more than rejection, or to be more exact it it the fear of being embarrased by rejection :D Figure that one out!!
 

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2001
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
28
Originally posted by legolas
For me it's not rejection neccessarily, although that's a part of it. I think for me the center of it all, the force driving it all is embarrasment more than rejection, or to be more exact it it the fear of being embarrased by rejection :D Figure that one out!!
Why should you be embarrassed by the fact that you have the balls to approach?
 

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
Originally posted by legolas
For me it's not rejection neccessarily, although that's a part of it. I think for me the center of it all, the force driving it all is embarrasment more than rejection, or to be more exact it it the fear of being embarrased by rejection :D Figure that one out!!
But isn't the only embarrassment that you'll face, if any, is seeing the girl again, since she's really the only one that usually knows what happened since you were dissed?
 

schulkfl

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I think that unless you seriously flubbed when you tried to mac on a girl, there shouldn't be any reason to be embarassed. If it's a girl that you will see many times afterwards, it can be very awkward the next time you see her-

HOWEVER, I think this is where you can still strut your stuff. Remember, actions speak louder than words. If you see her the next day and come off extremely cool and unphased, still treating her with respect, she will be surprised and this plays in your favor. It's almost like you passed a massive shyt test.

That is my personal experience- I've completely turned things around in the "aftermath" of a rejection by playing it cool- it shows some maturity and that your a stable person.

Come to think of it, the more you f*ck up, the more power you have in that sense, b/c she will be expecting you to avoid her all the more- at which point you don't, and then she is rather surprised, perplexed-

Understand what I am sayin? Trying to put all these jumbled thoughts together and it doesn't seem to be turning out too well- i'm only half awake . . . . .
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

stewartlittle

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Wondering if a girl would like to go out on a date is far worse than actually ask a girl and get rejected. After rejection, you can move on. There are enough girls out there.
 

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Age
45
I can add to this

Rejection is a fact of life. You have to deal with it, not just with asking out girls. So, once I realised that things picked up. Also, I find that most guys who are afraid of rejection have little confidence and self-esteem in theselves. Once I improved my self image I was finally able to ask out a girl. I've done it twice so far and I do admit that after I get rejected a wait a long time before I try again. However, that is starting to change. I still have some growing to do, but at least I can approach now, even if I don't do it often.
 

schulkfl

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
ahhhh sh*t
I pretty much just got rejected

move on- dumb ***** - I'll prolly see her tonight too-
geez this game can get annoying sometimes . . .
 

legolas

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 2, 2003
Messages
951
Reaction score
14
Location
Red Sox Nation
Originally posted by becker
But isn't the only embarrassment that you'll face, if any, is seeing the girl again, since she's really the only one that usually knows what happened since you were dissed?
Sorry to dissappoint you mate but my brain is smarter than that. It can come up with so many different situations where for example she'll tell her friends and they'll laugh at me, whether or not I know the chick and things like that. :D

Damn I wish I was stupider! :D (not really)

Just kidding though, I must get over it somehow.
 
Top