"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

An interesting dilemma

SnatchJP

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2002
Messages
243
Reaction score
0
Location
A theater near you
Okay, I'm a high school senior, headed for Prom. I'm single right at the moment.

There is a girl in my school, also a senior from taiwan. (Lets call her Ramay for the purposes of this post.) I don't know her much past the saying "hi" in the halls stage at the moment, but , she's pretty darn attractive. I may be imagining the buying signals I'm getting, but I know she's not sending any negative vibes.

Point is, I was planning on getting to know Ramay a bit better and then asking her to prom. I've already let another Taiwanese friend (a guy) in on the plan, and he's excited and has been asking me when I'm planning on making moves.

So here I am, all prepared to ask out Ramay, when out of the blue my mom gets a phone call from a friend of hers.

Flashback: This friend of hers throws a christmas tree trimming party every year. We went last December, as we have on other years (I'm also good friends with her son, pete). Anyway, I've met yet another pretty hot girl (lets call her Anne) who also showed some very subtle buying signals (leans, glances, lip-biting, you guys know the deal) but I didn't get the digits because I thought my buddy pete had his eye on her. (Later I found out I was wrong. Turns out they've been friends for too long and can't bring themselves to think of each other that way).

Back to the present. My mom gets the phone call when out of the blue her friend mentions that Anne is still talking about me.

This throws me a loop. A bad one. Prom is May 15th. Ramay is possibly waiting to be asked (I don't know if someone has told her or not) while Anne is still displaying strong interest after seeing me once more than four months ago! To complicate matters further, the physics classes are going on an overnight trip all of next week. I'm coming. Ramay may or may not be coming, I don't know. She may be going on another trip.

I want to get to know each girl more before I choose. Ramay is easy, (comparitivley) but Anne will be hard. I haven't seen or talked to pete since december, and I've lost his number. I feel a little weird about contacting her through parents of friends. We're in the same neighborhood, she's about 15-20 blocks away. (urban neighborhoods, go figure).

I actually have a pretty good idea of a plan of action, but I want some opinions from the experts here. You all have experience and a lot theory, and I like to hear second opinions.

So, in my position, what would you do?
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Wahahaha. Forget getting to know them, it's too late. Which do you prefer? Act accordingly.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
personally go and find anne and remain in touch, if you like her a hell lot go with her, if shes ok ask Ramay especially if your friends know as she will have found out and if you dont ask her it will be harsh. Go with Ramay (as it is possibly the only prom she can go to) unless you prefer anne.
 

SnatchJP

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2002
Messages
243
Reaction score
0
Location
A theater near you
.
 

SnatchJP

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2002
Messages
243
Reaction score
0
Location
A theater near you
Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I'd figured. Ramay it is! I'll get in touch with Anne... after the prom. It'll happen, I've got plans.

Once again, thanks! That got me moving! Now to pick up a tux...
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
Yeah, I'd definitely go for the Ramay girl for prom for 2 reasons:


1. You said you get to see her more. You haven't talked to Anne in months.

And

2. You said she was comparatively easier.

Go for it man. You'll have plenty of time to call Anne and set something up. Maybe even start going out with her. You don't have much time until prom though. So I'd definitely go with Ramay.
 
Top