"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

An idea to #close

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
342
Reaction score
0
Age
45
So you're in a convo then say something like this:

"You should hang out with me sometime, I might give you a call."
She thinks How can he call me? I haven't given him my number. Does he know it somehow? I'd better ask.
"I haven't given you my number."
"Oh, you're right!" Pull out cell phone and get ready to type her number. At this point it is hard for her to back out of giving you her number. You've tricked her into offering it.

So that's my idea. Think about it.
Either:
1. This is a good idea and it would probably work
2. This is a good idea, but it would be dumb to trick someone into giving you their number if they don't want to.
3. This is a bad idea because it would not work.
4. There are better ways at asking for a number.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
I would have to go with #2

It could work and I don't think she will give you her number if she really doesn't want to. So if you do pull it off while she wasn't planning on giving it, it will get you nowhere.

Anyhow, I think getting #s is really overrated. I don't see the point. Actually, I have made it a point not to ask for numbers lately. Why?

1) I try and raise her IL then and there. If she doesn't show any interest, I move on. - watch bodylanguage.
2) If she is really interested and you say goodbye without asking for her number, she will offer you her number.
3) If you know you are gonna see her again, it is much more exiting to tell her 'I'll see ya next time'
4) Asking for her # without seeing some decent IL is what any other guy would do.
5) Her giving you her number doesn't mean sh!t. From the stories I can tell there are so many that give out fake #s or would just never answer or anything

I'm sure getting numbers works well for some other guys, I just don't see the point myself, to go for the number when we haven't even kissed or anything.
 

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 9, 2001
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Dallas, Tx
Hey DS, what do think about this one.

Hey I gotta go, I enjoyed talking to you. Can I give you a call sometime?
 

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 8, 2003
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
18
Location
SWEDEN
Well I am kind of against asking numbers before I sleep with the girl. Too many flake when I call otherwise.

It is good to see some creativity on the board but I think I'll settle for a 4, If the girl want you to have her number you don't have to trick her, she will either give it to you if you don't ask or you could ask without forcing her to give it to you and instead focusing on how fun you can have together. Like:

You know, I can see you have had a great time together with me... so have I and I swear, we owe it to each other to have this fun another time... why don't you give me your number and we can met some other time and climb a couple of mountains, rob a bank and end the day with a coffee or two in a nice café... sounds about right, don't you think? *smile*

or something like that.
 

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
I agree.. you shouldn't try to get a girls number at all. The only exception to this is if you know you are not going to see this girl ever again. I've had that happen to me and the chance to ask never came around.

So there are sometimes when you have to engineer the situation so that it will be easy to ask for the number.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
Originally posted by Lifeforce
Well I am kind of against asking numbers before I sleep with the girl. Too many flake when I call otherwise.

It is good to see some creativity on the board but I think I'll settle for a 4, If the girl want you to have her number you don't have to trick her, she will either give it to you if you don't ask or you could ask without forcing her to give it to you and instead focusing on how fun you can have together. Like:

You know, I can see you have had a great time together with me... so have I and I swear, we owe it to each other to have this fun another time... why don't you give me your number and we can met some other time and climb a couple of mountains, rob a bank and end the day with a coffee or two in a nice café... sounds about right, don't you think? *smile*

or something like that.
There are too many words in that plea for her number! I don't think it is a good idea to tell a girl that she had a great time. What if she didn't or just had an average time with you? Won't that statement make you sound stupid? I say, never tell a girl how she is feeling. You should know how she is feeling (ie horney or not horney)

I usually just say, "hey, i'll give you my number and if you are bored or have nothing to do you can give me a call."

or... "Hey, if I gave you my number would you call?"

At that point she will usually just say yes and then give you her number so she doesn't have to call you.

You just have to make it easy for her so that she can call you without the need of an excuse.
if she is interested she will call you if not then NEXT her ass.

but, if you really need to get that phone number quickly make DAMN sure you have a reason. Some girls who are really hot HATE it when you ask them for their number. It makes a hot girl feel like she is just a slut. Beware of asking for a girls number unless you have engineered the situation.
 

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 8, 2003
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
18
Location
SWEDEN
Who cares? I can manage to tell how she liked being with me. Any dumbass can read body language and if she has spent half the time laughing her ass off then I can pretty much say whatever I want, especially if I boned her. :) And those girls are the only ones worth asking numbers anyway. I just hate living by rules. Do whatever you want, don't give a ****. No convo is ever perfect
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
18
Location
http://pimphop.com
Originally posted by Dapper Swindler
So you're in a convo then say something like this:

"You should hang out with me sometime, I might give you a call."
She thinks How can he call me? I haven't given him my number. Does he know it somehow? I'd better ask.
"I haven't given you my number."
"Oh, you're right!" Pull out cell phone and get ready to type her number. At this point it is hard for her to back out of giving you her number. You've tricked her into offering it.

So that's my idea. Think about it.
Either:
1. This is a good idea and it would probably work
2. This is a good idea, but it would be dumb to trick someone into giving you their number if they don't want to.
3. This is a bad idea because it would not work.
4. There are better ways at asking for a number.
The other variation of this is to say your line as you walk away hoping that she will say her line...well you don't have my number.

Also I have found it's better to put the cell in her hands instead of doing the work yourself

You establish yourself as the one in control, the leader and her the follower.
 

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Why dont you cut through all the bullshiz and just say plain and simple: "Give me your phone number and Ill call you".
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top