Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

An ethics question...what would you do?

chevelle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I sold an item for less then half of what they were selling for on ebay (so the buyer could fix any malfunction and still be a head, if the item broke or stopped working).

Low and behold, one week later the item malfunctions and the buyer is calling me. Keep in mind, i owned this piece of equipment since 2000 and never had any problem.

What is the ethical thing to do? I tried pricing it fairly, realizing that things do break.

Thanks-

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dont refund his money, explain to him you priced it low for a reason and it was fully functional when he received it, you have no control over when things break and you offered no warranty.

Now, unless you knew it was going to break soon, then thats unethical, but if you didnt and you just wanted to give him a lower price just in case something goes wrong so he can fix it like you said, then dont refund his money...Thats only fair to the both of you.

chevelle

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, i had no idea it was going to break (i used it a lot and he tested it before he bought it). The item i sold him is selling for 300-400 on ebay. I sold it for $150.00. The most expensive item to replace on this piece of equipment is the motor--$80.

I explained to him, and he will not take no for an answer. I am now wishing that i just threw the thing away, instead of selling it.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what if he says no...no firm and say you wont refund his money...thats what i would do, be fair to yourself man....dont be too nice with him.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What was the method of payment? Hopefully not paypal. Ebay/paypal almost always sides with the buyer in disputes like these, no matter what. If the buyer complains enough, they'll just take the money right out of your paypal account.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do NOT ever have to refund someone for an item that (especially after a MONTH)

BREAKS
GETS LOST
DISAPPEARS
IS ABDUCTED BY ALIENS
GETS DIRTY

ect...

You see what I am saying??

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you made no warranties, you have no obligation to refund any money.

chevelle

Don Juan
Reaction score
He just sent me an e-mail, stating that he wants me to buy it back or pay for the repair. I am definitely going to refuse his demands and stick to my position. The calls and e-mails are starting to agitate me. This just might be my last time selling something used, as the aggravation isn't worth the small profit.

Thanks for the feedback!!!!!!