An Age Problem

Double_Diamonds

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been doing DJ stuff for a long time. I don't make it to sosuave, or any of the forums much, but I do keep in contact with DJs on AIM. Please read the whole post before you reply, or you will get the wrong impression entirely

I have a problem/question here that I'd like to post. I'm 16 (17 in october) going into 11th grade. I'm doing alright with some girls my age, but younger ones are also attracted to me. I've noticed as the girls get younger, they are more attracted to me. Now, normally this doesn't really phase me. For instance one girl that is 3 years younger and lives right by me wants to get with me, but I simply don't bother with her.

Now that the facts are established, here's the exception. Recently our town had it's annual summertime celebration. In the course of it I met a girl that is by far the most beautiful girl I've seen. I don't mean it in an AFC way, i'm not "placing her on a pedestal" fellas. But she is very beautiful (her face), and I couldn't help but talk to her. And of course, I couldn't help but flirt (apparently). I spend a lot of time with a lot of women (most of them attractive) so this isn't like a "Wow this DJin stuff works" experience.

While I didn't even notice I was flirting, or that she was too, EVERYONE said we were. Okay okay, I admit this seems childish, but here's the deal: She's four years younger! When summers done I'll be a junior and she'll only be a seventh grader! We'd be in the same school, and would probably run into each other quite a bit (less than 500 people in the whole building). Logic would tell me that she's too young. If a guy in my grade dated a girl in her grade, I would think it would be too young. Still, I'm very attracted to her, she's georgeous, very popular, and very into me.

While I've decided not to pursue her, as it's way too young and it'd even be illegal. Why? How can i be so attracted to her, and is there anything i can do?

drummer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
*cough, chokes on own spit*
she MIGHT be a little young. If you were 40 and she was 36 it wouldn't be bad, but at your ages there is so much that is so different, mentally and physically.

phatboi408

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will be a Junior too. It just depends on what you think. I'm not going to say what I think but ask some questions.
She just graduated from an elementry school and she is 11 or 12.
Do you think that it would be awkward, with your friends, parents etc.?
How much do you like her?
Is there anyone else do you like?
Do you want to be Friends with her?
Why do you like her, Do you want to have her around you or for more things(girlfriend etc.)?
Having a friend that you do not date at all is sometimes good. She can show you other friends that is older because popular people usally hang around people of the same status.Having her as a friend or a close friend.. You can have fun, and still have her company around, but you can't date her at all.
Just be yourself(what you do to girls,flirt etc.) but you can't date her.

My friend has a close friend that is a girl. He knows that he can't date her because he thinks of her like a friend.

It's up to you. You can not date her and date someone around your age. Be friends with her and have her company around but you can never date her.
There is tip on having a girl as a friend at the bottom of this page. Just click on "What's New" and look it up.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's stretching it man. 2 years? Go for it. 3 years? She better be f*cking amazing.. 4 years? That some serious time span. I, personally would test the waters. See how people react, see if you're willing to deal with the possible ridicule that may come from this.

Christick

Don Juan
Reaction score
woah

Dude, I say if there is time to debate. Go with the easier one. Personally I'm against it, that may be because I haven't met a girl 4 years younger than me I was attratced to do. What do/did you plan to do with her?

Anyways, all I have to say is:

1.Trust your gut
2.I wouldn't do it.

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeezuz! 12 years old ?! NO!

And I thought my 2 yr old difference would've been a problem when I met this 14 yr old girl at this one hotel in Palm Springs...

Sean O

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my take on age difference:

You are 16 and she's 12. Take 12 and divide it by 16 and the answer is 0.75. She's 75% as old as you are.

Now, we'll take drummer's example and consider a 40 year old man and a 36 year old woman. Divide 36 by 40 and the anwer is 0.9. The woman is 90% as old as the man.

This is, in my opinion, the way that society judges age differences. I don't think they do math or anything (lol), but on an unconscious level they're aware that in terms of percentages, a 12 year old and a 16 year old are farther apart than a 36 year old and a 40 year old.

Anyway, my suggestion is to stick to girls that are at least 85% as old as you are. Maybe closer to 90% to be safe.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you so attracted to a 12 year old?

Steg

Don Juan
Reaction score
No offense man but that's seriosly messed up, she's goddamn 12 years old!

Age diference itselfcan work out sure, like who gives a crap what nosey dildo's think if you were 20 and she was 16. But she's goddamn 12 ****ing years old, what part of that dont you get?

radronOmega

Don Juan
Reaction score
Friends with benefits :yes: just be a little more secretive about it hhahah. I've had a situation like that just recently in SAT school. If you're afraid to get caught, then just kinda linger with her for awhile and keep her on teh back burner until she's 17. You can visit her after graduation :yes: heheh.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
supajsilver2 said:
Did she impress you with her Barbie and My Little Pony collections?
Rofl.

anyways, the guy before that said that 40 and 36 wasn't a problem is right. there are just too many differences between you two. if she is really that worth it, just wait till she is older, and date other girls while you are waiting.

sjchris

Don Juan
Reaction score
No really, lay off the babies you child molester

Tom Juan

Banned
Reaction score
drummer said:
*cough, chokes on own spit*
she MIGHT be a little young. If you were 40 and she was 36 it wouldn't be bad, but at your ages there is so much that is so different, mentally and physically.
You beat me to it. I was going to say the exact same thing. Think of you guys older, and then it would seem acceptable.

Dutchy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you are in a pretty bad situation right now. But you must realise this.

1. How do you (16 years old) think about relations.

2. How does she (12 years old) think about relations.

With a relationship with a girl you are thinking a "mature" relationship (frenchkissing, sex etc.)

Now try to remember how you thought about relationships when you where 12. Bet it was mostly holding hands and sometimes a kiss.

You see, the ideas of a relationship between a you and a 12 year old are like two different worlds. She can't forfill your satisfactions, and you are to old to hold hands and and just give kisses.

I know it sounds f*ck*d up but there is just no way that you two will hit it of good at this age. And i haven't even mentioned that in one year you are doing some pretty illegal things.

Keep your had up man, there is plenty of fish in the sea:up:

Greetz from Holland