Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Amway"

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thoughts...

I was approached in college while working at GNC by an Amway rep who told me he "had an internet company and I possessed great people skills to succeed." He handed me his video business card and off he went. Needless to say, I didn't stick with it.

Not that it was shifty, not totally anyways. I've been to Market America meetings as well.

Points I don't like...

-They expect fees and such to be paid without REALLY engaging the new seller. Who throws away $200 to "try" selling something?
-Provide 1099 for current salespeople.
-Provide HONEST disclosure of 'how to'.
-Provide or demonstrate how to build an upline.

Points I like

+They teach you to sell, for cheap money (hopefully)
+You own your business
+You sell products in demand
+Generally low start up fees
+Unlimited income
+Time Flexibility

You guys who rank on such companies because "less than 1%" of all Amway reps make anything fail to take into account the foolish of the American public and their desire for the almight quick buck. Only 5% of the American public achieves financial independence despite being the richest country in the world, is there something in common withthe Amway theme here?

----------------------------------------

I've done Cutco knives. My partner did Cutco knives. Everybody who owns them, loves them. My family and the people to whom I approached all bought more knives even after I left the company. Yet, year after year, students continue to say that they are the WORST company and opportunity. How is that so? Rather than FIND a way to make it work...they complain, bytch, and whine. They waste wealthy time on depression time. On complaining, so they can feel justified that they can't make money, and so they don't feel like a failure.

Cutco doesn't sell in stores, they sell directly. Why? To keep prices low. Because a direct relationship works BETTER for service and also to disseminate products. To give an opportunity to the public.

Do you realize more than 50% of the price is from advertising?

Consider advertising or print costs. TV advertising is 100's of thousands per minute, and into the millions, yet it takes over 10 viewings to gain any type of confidence with the consumer. That's a debt of $10,000,000 before it's even purchased, INCREASING the price to the consumer.

-----------------------------------------

I would say in life, most opportunities fail because of people, not circumstances. Many MLM's can be scams, and their downside is a lack of a marketing program..."go sell your family and friends." This is one that plagues the financial services industry. Lack of a plan, a system, LEADS to failure. It's the very same reason people are lead to failure in health, in wealth, in life, lack of any aim or goal. Hoping success will be brought without any plan toward it.

Rather than justify and support statistically HOW it would fail, why not DISCOVER in what ways MLM or AMWAY can succeed?

If so few succeed, wouldn't tremendous profits exist?

If so many succeeded, profits would rarely abound.

I dislike how MLM builds a pyramid, because you pillage your own backyard. If you recruit to sell your own friends, then profit from their sales to themselves. And what it really becomes is a CONSUMER PYRAMID, not a SALES PYRAMID.

----------------------------------------

You have to learn to make small steps forward.

Many enterprises fail because the self-conscious people who try to venture outside their circlce of confidence get to big and fall off. You must learn to make $100 on your own, before you go to $100,000, that ensure you have a "safey net" as well as the confidence to move forward on to bigger income.

There's many trying to hit a home-run before they even hit a single. Donald Trump didn't start big. Nor did Dell. None of the tinkerers who have multi billion dollar enterprises. They were in garages. Basements. Small, and it grew rapidly because the marketplace had a tremendous need for it. Later, they innovated, developed customer and brand loyalty.

What of the guy who buys a fixer upper only to have a R/E empire in 8 years? That same story happened in my own city.

-------------------------------------------

A-Unit

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well said!

A-Unit: Great post... props:up:

Laterz...

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sifer
Everyone CAN get rich and wealthy, but not everyone really wants to work. [/B]
Amen.

Nobody wants to work. That is the fvcking reason most people never make it. They won't work to change themselves. They make excuses for everything. They wallow in their self-pity and their jealously toward the lucky few who were born into resources and successful environments. They won't evolve. Laziness kills dreams and bankrupts people on a daily basis.

Anybody who's self made and came from nothing knows damn well that sacrifice and hard work efforts are what will take you from the working class to the capitalist class. What I cannot stand, above all else, is hearing people my age say things like "you're only young once" and use this phrase to justify every stupid, instant gratification decision that they make. These people (which are most people) are slowly and surely carving out their own sh*tty futures.

I've said it before and I'll say it again here - the absolute hardest thing about being a success at anything is ignoring the masses out there - parents, friends, teachers, society - who criticize you, give you bad advice, and attempt to direct you into their world of mediocrity.

If everyone had the nuts to be a champion in life, winners wouldn't stand out from the rest.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Requested update...

I was PM'ed about an update, so here it is:

At the moment things are going steady, getting more people to join, selling a few products here and there, Prospecting people with a friend of mine that is also in the business, approaching businesses, offering them products and hoping that they will sign a contract with us, etc, in other words, missioning around abit....

Overall, all is going great, I am still making the same amount of money as I was a week or 2 ago, maybe R100 or so more now, but yeah.... I'm really happy in the business, I don’t have to ask my parent for cash anymore for anything, I opened up a new savings account where all the money that I make from this business goes to, and yeah, its going very well, and I am taking a year off from studies next year, so I will be able to give 100% of my time and effort to this business and build it up really well. My goal is to reach 21% plus 4% residual bonus by September next year. That will mean that I will be making about R15 000 a month and I will qualify for a 7 day 5 star cruise to the Caribbean. My upline are going to Disney world this September, so the promise to go on these trips is NOT a lie;)

Anyways.... there it is... and I'm a very happy chappy with this business:up:

Laterz...