Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

AMOG in university social setting

crowolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine a room with 4 guys in it and 12 girls.

The amog "battle" is between me and the other guy.

I am grounded and silent. Maybe a little logical. He is the opposite - Extroverted and self amusing. He is talking a lot (which I see as insecurity)

Loudest one in the room is the weakest one - right.

He is trying to get the attention of the room with silly jokes and stuff. Some of the girls giggle. Including my target which is sitting next to me. I'm not reacting because I sense she is trying to see if I will get jelaous.

I'm neither friend or enemy with this guy. But he is a competition in some ways.

What you would recommend me to do?

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

malz1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine a room with 4 guys in it and 12 girls.

The amog "battle" is between me and the other guy.

I am grounded and silent. Maybe a little logical. He is the opposite - Extroverted and self amusing. He is talking a lot (which I see as insecurity)

He is trying to get the attention of the room with silly jokes and stuff. Some of the girls giggle. Including my target which is sitting next to me. I'm not reacting because I sense she is trying to see if I will get jelaous.

I'm neither friend or enemy with this guy. But he is a competition in some ways.

Lol... the loudest isn't always the weakest. There are stories of the loud "Chad" for a reason, though context is missing here. "Amog battle?" You're already insecure and playing 1-person games. People who don't react have no purpose behind doing so except that they truly don't give a ****. Competing for a girl (non-special) comes from a scarcity mindset. Drop the mindset is what you should do, however you can.

Serenity

Reaction score
He is the opposite - Extroverted and self amusing.
You lose. Think about advertisement, the ones that grab people's attention has more impact. Of course if overdone it will not work that well. Also if he's self-amused he's got a huge advantage.

He is talking a lot (which I see as insecurity)

Not necessarily. Those guys do exist, but the fact that a guy talks a lot doesn't mean he's weak or insecure. Some silent guys are also weak and insecure. I see no correlation between weak/strong and silent/talkative. I talk a lot, but it's because of excitement or interest, not insecurity or a fear of silence. I'm perfectly fine with extended periods of silence in the company of others, it's even enjoyable, but most people say I'm extroverted.

He is trying to get the attention of the room with silly jokes and stuff. Some of the girls giggle. Including my target which is sitting next to me.
This isn't necessarily a bad thing for him, if they're laughing about what he says and not about him directly (exception is intentional self deprecating humor).

I'm not reacting because I sense she is trying to see if I will get jelaous.
You sure she even acknowledge your existence?

Stop limiting yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

crowolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback!

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Well said.

Lol... the loudest isn't always the weakest. There are stories of the loud "Chad" for a reason, though context is missing here. "Amog battle?" You're already insecure and playing 1-person games. People who don't react have no purpose behind doing so except that they truly don't give a ****. Competing for a girl (non-special) comes from a scarcity mindset. Drop the mindset is what you should do, however you can.
I see your point of view, but there is no such thing as insecurity or competing for a girl. The battle is kind of won. The only thing stopping me from getting this girl is that I don't know what I want.

You lose. Think about advertisement, the ones that grab people's attention has more impact. Of course if overdone it will not work that well. Also if he's self-amused he's got a huge advantage.

Not necessarily. Those guys do exist, but the fact that a guy talks a lot doesn't mean he's weak or insecure. Some silent guys are also weak and insecure. I see no correlation between weak/strong and silent/talkative. I talk a lot, but it's because of excitement or interest, not insecurity or a fear of silence. I'm perfectly fine with extended periods of silence in the company of others, it's even enjoyable, but most people say I'm extroverted.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing for him, if they're laughing about what he says and not about him directly (exception is intentional self deprecating humor).

You sure she even acknowledge your existence?

Stop limiting yourself.
I agree with you to an extent. There is a different type of attention. My way of getting it is through my presence and not looking for attention. I'm good at reading people and It sure felt as I described It - weak. I'm trying to figure out his goals about the situation - maybe get attention from the girl next to me.

You obviously do care. The loudest one isn't always the weakest. In fact they are most likely the strongest since they are putting themselves at risk by talking about their views so openly and confident in doing so. Who cares? Your in a scarcity mindset, THAT is what you should fix not this amog bs.
Wouldn't say I care that much. It's just that I rarely get AMOG'd and that's something new to me. Also I dislike attention seekers and just there wasn't much I could do at this situation. That explains the "scarcity".

I'm still open to suggestions on how to bring his value down If needed.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can be the AMOG by doing what you want. That's all there is to it. Whether he's there or not you're still gonna do what you wanna do.

Last edited:

malz1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I see your point of view, but there is no such thing as insecurity or competing for a girl. The battle is kind of won. The only thing stopping me from getting this girl is that I don't know what I want.
There's no such thing as insecurity or competing for a girl? Do you understand what those terms mean?

Edit: Actually, don't even answer that. Good luck out there, bro.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When it comes down to a reserved guy and an outgoing loud-mouth, the outgoing one will always overshadow and eclipse the quieter one.

The outgoing one makes women FEEL. Put a woman in a boring waiting room with the Wall Street Journal and the latest gossip rag on the table. Which magazine is she going to pick up.

Women are very stimulus-response. The shiniest object, the vocal person, is going to get the attention.

Your job, since the deck is stacked against you, is to identify the two or three women who find him annoying and do your work there. You have zero hope in direct battle with this guy unless and until he makes a complete ass out of himself.

Outflank and outmaneuver him.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When it comes down to a reserved guy and an outgoing loud-mouth, the outgoing one will always overshadow and eclipse the quieter one.

The outgoing one makes women FEEL. Put a woman in a boring waiting room with the Wall Street Journal and the latest gossip rag on the table. Which magazine is she going to pick up.

Women are very stimulus-response. The shiniest object, the vocal person, is going to get the attention.

Your job, since the deck is stacked against you, is to identify the two or three women who find him annoying and do your work there. You have zero hope in direct battle with this guy unless and until he makes a complete ass out of himself.

Outflank and outmaneuver him.
in a way but the good thing about teh loud one is he always say more then he should, and since in this case, he is telling the whole room, you should join up the "conversation" and start to ask him questions who will undermine what he is saying, and then stole his spotlight to you when you try to talk in a better and pleasing way. remember when the court jester is talking the king is quiet laughting at him. remember the clown of teh group never gets the girls