Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

AMOG alpha male other guy or alpha male of group .. defensive tactics

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
has anyone ever heard of being amog'd alpha male'd by another guy ? from what i see these guys pretty much go on smear campaigns to break you down in order to reach a higher social status than you . name calling, jokes that cross the line, blatant disrespect, talking behind your back

anybody with experience have any defensive tactics to this?

7ilk

Reaction score
I see this as the opposite of AMOG behavior. Name calling, being rude (in regards to the jokes), disrespect, petty talk behind your/someones back are all indications of insecurity. Don't get me wrong, we all have insecurities at some level, but to outwardly project these on other people is the opposite of alpha behavior, especially if it is for personal gain or God forbid to look good to a woman. It is childish and immature. Which begs the question of how would you handle childish and immature behavior? Or better yet, how would you handle a **** test from a woman? I wouldn't give them the time of day... at best I would simply agree with their insults and amplify them as such. Letting it bother you and knock you out of frame is only giving them what they want.

Hopefully that steers you in the right direction.

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
I see this as the opposite of AMOG behavior. Name calling, being rude (in regards to the jokes), disrespect, petty talk behind your/someones back are all indications of insecurity. Don't get me wrong, we all have insecurities at some level, but to outwardly project these on other people is the opposite of alpha behavior, especially if it is for personal gain or God forbid to look good to a woman. It is childish and immature. Which begs the question of how would you handle childish and immature behavior? Or better yet, how would you handle a **** test from a woman? I wouldn't give them the time of day... at best I would simply agree with their insults and amplify them as such. Letting it bother you and knock you out of frame is only giving them what they want.

Hopefully that steers you in the right direction.
good post , thanks for the insight

Serenity

Reaction score
An alpha would be secure enough regarding his own value that he wouldn't need to behave like this. This behavior is what insecure people engage in to attempt to raise their own relative value by lowering others.

The way to defend against this is to not play their game, don't react like they expect you to. They will expect you to defend yourself, but doing so will make you appear weak, as if you're trying to win their approval. That's exactly what they want, if you simply don't care they don't know what to do. If they become more intense you know it's working, they're just trying harder to elicit a reaction.

I've seen guys get a complete meltdown, make a fool of themselves and ruin whatever fragile status they had obtained. All while I'm standing there making no face and don't say anything. They're so used to everyone reacting to their frame that they kinda panic when their game isn't working on me.

If they were your friend you should obviously also walk away and never look back, don't even explain yourself.

They're not worth reacting to.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't heard of it but I always have high guard up so no one can fvck around with me. Especially name calling, I would knock him out the moment some little pick say something disrespectful about me.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've run into this in a work environment. It is a guy in a different division and we don't necessarily have to ANSWER to one another but we have to work together. Once I realized everyone thought he was full of it, I became less affected by him trying to cast me in a bad light. So I make sure to always be self assured and confident in my actions around him and remind myself that I'm a great deal smarter than him.

After a few quick comebacks, he has quit trying to make me look bad, but I still have to be on guard.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
has anyone ever heard of being amog'd alpha male'd by another guy ? from what i see these guys pretty much go on smear campaigns to break you down in order to reach a higher social status than you . name calling, jokes that cross the line, blatant disrespect, talking behind your back

When in doubt, just keep your calm and maintain amused mastery. (What would John Wayne do? Or the Rock, for you youngsters.)

You can always crack a couple of jokes if he tries moving in on your girl. One way is to short circuit it by saying, "babe, you should marry this guy, he's a charmer!" The key is not to care. Or you can pull his pants down by saying "you sound like a total player! You must have read one of those fast seduction books."

But save that stuff for only when needed. There are whole sites dedicated to diffusing AMOG shyt. Generally, just be detached and don't give a fukk. Also, avoid negative people.

crosscheck1331

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I encountered this more when I was in my teens - I remember there would be times I was with some of my friends and if a girl came into the group, it would change the dynamic. Some of my friends would change and just become very mean, making jokes at other people's expense and putting them down. When the girl(s) would leave they wouldn't do it anymore. I always thought that was big, big bull**** and didn't like it. It hasn't happened to me in some time now(also because I don't allow) but if it I did I would confront the person later on and ask why they did that and tell them they are disrespectful. I would also evaluate whether I would want to associate with that person or not - I don't like this behavior and consider to be very, very poor form. Friends tease each other and that is but burying someone deliberately in order to make yourself look good is not okay.

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
When in doubt, just keep your calm and maintain amused mastery. (What would John Wayne do? Or the Rock, for you youngsters.)

You can always crack a couple of jokes if he tries moving in on your girl. One way is to short circuit it by saying, "babe, you should marry this guy, he's a charmer!" The key is not to care. Or you can pull his pants down by saying "you sound like a total player! You must have read one of those fast seduction books."

But save that stuff for only when needed. There are whole sites dedicated to diffusing AMOG shyt. Generally, just be detached and don't give a fukk. Also, avoid negative people.
well it wasnt my girl per se, this isnt really a work enviroment its a work colloge type thing for airplane mechanics, but ive already had a meltdown and it made me look bad so now it made me look bad

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
i think this dude picked up on my lack of confidence im kinda off to myself and quiet , h theres only 3 grls in our class and i used to talk to his sister all of a sudden she just stopped talking to me then i ignored it, she eased her way back in and asked why we stopped talking i told her i thought she wanted to be left alone cause she stopped hitting me up, took me off her ig i didnt ask her why until she brought it up then i casually said ''i noticed you stopped talking and took me off your ig'' this all happened when a new good-looking guy came into our class, i knew what was up but played dumb(i didnt bring up the guy), she told me that i stopped talking to her and she didnt know if i wanted to be bothered which was of course a lie. so i told her we will be friends from now on due to lack of communication on her part, couple weeks later she went cold again , we didnt start again until we were allowed back on campus in groups , this is where he starts pickin , at this point all the other girls start askin me questions and showing me attention but once i had the meltdown i ruined it, so lesson learned for me here was to maintain masculine frame so guys like this dont try to begin with and most importantly troll back or act as if im beyod this petty non-sense , now to think of it i think maybe his sister has something to do with it too, since i began moving on and getting attention from the other women

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

A true Alpha Male has no need to break others down. That's a beta male characteristic trait.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unfortunately i showed beta and allowed him to upset me and knock me off center
Fvck that dude. One thing you have to understand is that once you become confident in yourself and feel yourself in that "Alpha Male" state, especially if you have success with Women, the beta males will attack you and hate on you hard.