Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

American tipping culture: please explain it to me

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do yall deal with the tipping culture? This comment really blows my mind away.

View attachment 9326

Apparently a waiter makes 5 bucks and then depends on tips from customers. How come the employers gets away with this? Now I understand that it can be lucrative AF for all parties involved. The employer gets cheap labor( 50 bucks a day for example). On a good day the waiter makes more then a minimum wage could offer.

- so I either give a tip , or apparently can EXPECT personnel to spit in my food???
- if I do tip I get " above and beyond " service. Shouldn't that be the norm?
-doesnt the employer simply demand good service for in the sake of the company's name( and guarantee retention) ?
- again,so the employer just doesnt give a F ,that his personell chases away non tipping costumers and thus decreases his income?
-so if I am on a tight budget I and dont tip I will soon be unable to have a stress free meal?
-And finally so being a WOMAN will be more lucrative than being a man doing such a job.

Man, if I find out someone spit in my food because I only wanna pay what's on the bill, I would seriously consider going to jail for that. That's unheard of.

How do yall deal with this non sense? Isnt this something political that needs to be fixed from higher up?
American was filled with hyper-competitive immigrants (from different countries, no less) over the years, and this is the result of this mindset.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tip if the service is good, I dont understand this fact that no matter what, you have to add 10% to what you already pay as if the waiter was a bonus.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
If you order a drink at a bar, throw the bartender a buck. If you eat at a sit down restaurant, 20% is standard if the service is adequate. If you order a pizza, tip the pizza guy 3 to 5 bucks. If you don't want to tip, then don't purchase these services.
I subtract the credit card "fee" I am charged from the tip. So, my standard 20%, now turns into 16% or 17% due to this BS CC now charged at many restaurants.