Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

American Gangster

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ya, it was a great movie if you enjoy seriously considering stabbing your eyes out with straws to escape from the pre-kum snails pace at which the movie unfolds.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was alright. There were a lot of other Denzel Movies I liked better. Training Day, Deja Vu, Remember the Titans, Man on Fire...those were all better movies imo.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
ya, it was a great movie if you enjoy seriously considering stabbing your eyes out with straws to escape from the pre-kum snails pace at which the movie unfolds.

lol! That too.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Training Day was badass when it came out. Just not the same when I watch it anymore. But American Gangster I could watch again and probably enjoy it a few more times. It was slow towards the middle but only because that part lacked the action sequences which we adore so much.

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was a little bored by it. I was expecting more about Frank Lucas. I didn't like how it told Crowe's and Denzel's story and then tied it together. It seemed like it was more about Crowe's character than Frank Lucas. I guess I was looking for something along the lines of Blow or Scarface.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
I thought Ridley Scott was spot on with the Direction and tone but it lacked in enthusiasm. He got his actors to do exactly what he needed but I thought the cinematography was too grainy and French Connection-ish. I thought the best performances were from Common and RZA. Common is really becoming a heavy hitter ever since I saw him in Smokin' Aces.

Editing was clean and crisp. The dialogue is what really brought the film down though. It was predictable and reminded me of New Jack City a bit too much.

Chaotixxx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Decent movie, definitely not his best work though. A lil' overrated.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought it was average, it moved way too slow for my liking. If it weren't for Denzel Washington the movie would have been below average IMO. He's just such a great actor, and he's funny too.

"I don't give a fvck what you call it, put a chokehold on it motherfvcker and call it blue dog sh1t, you know what I mean?"

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked the French Connection-ish theme they had going on. It was a blast from the past for sure

PulpFiction

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to watch it but can't because it's not available for download yet.