Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

American Football

Barnyshka

Reaction score
Hello I am very interested in American football a long time. But in our town is only able to play rugby. So learn the basics of command for this game. Doing in the gym to keep fit. Engaged in the Greco-Roman wrestling for 3 years. I run in the mornings, in general I'm in good physical shape. My question is what it is. Is it possible to study for free in high school, and later in college, when playing for their teams and achieve good results? (Moderators sorry if in the wrong section, I'm new here)

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt you will get any good answer here, I know nothing of this. I know that you can get scholarships if you are good in your sport. That is predominantly for college though. Post it in the anything else section.

Barnyshka

Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
I doubt you will get any good answer here, I know nothing of this. I know that you can get scholarships if you are good in your sport. That is predominantly for college though. Post it in the anything else section.
Thank you very much for your reply. But unfortunately I can not go on any sites or teams of American football. (Due to the fact that I live for the moment in Russia). You could not write here a couple of links to forums of any command. (interested in a set of players)

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Barnyshka said:
Thank you very much for your reply. But unfortunately I can not go on any sites or teams of American football. (Due to the fact that I live for the moment in Russia). You could not write here a couple of links to forums of any command. (interested in a set of players)
I'm on holiday, and hence on my phone, so I can't redirect you. You only need to navigate yourslef onto a different section of this very same forum. When applying for scholarships, its not enough to just state that you're good in american football. You actually have to be really good. Also you have to submit some sort of proof, like a proper video. I do not know. I also doubt any agents are scouting in russia. However, as long as you're dedicated towards this and do proper practice and research, then you will make it. You should always feel free to ask any questions here.

Barnyshka

Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
I'm on holiday, and hence on my phone, so I can't redirect you. You only need to navigate yourslef onto a different section of this very same forum. When applying for scholarships, its not enough to just state that you're good in american football. You actually have to be really good. Also you have to submit some sort of proof, like a proper video. I do not know. I also doubt any agents are scouting in russia. However, as long as you're dedicated towards this and do proper practice and research, then you will make it. You should always feel free to ask any questions here.
Many thanks for your help. You are a great moderator. Redirect my question to another branch.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there was actually a player similar to you not that long ago, like 3 months ago, back in july, from England, never played a down of football in his life, coach from the high school team talked him into coming to try out becuase he was a physical freak of nature, the coach sent his practice tape out to different colleges, and by the middle of august he had scholarship opprotunities from every major college in the south just about, arknasas, florida, georgia, georgia tech,

this is the player actually

http://rivals.yahoo.com/georgiatech...llon-128080;_ylt=AspH5K4Zc7qcX3CpXIbaddLvr5B4

How tall / big are you? how fast are you? these are what coaches look for. Do you know anything about football?

There are sites out there that can help someone out like you, and yes you can do that but you need to do that. Some coaches will even prefer guys like you because you don't have alot of football wear and tear on you and you haven't peaked yet, if you have the physical necessitates to play football

Barnyshka

Reaction score
backbreaker said:
there was actually a player similar to you not that long ago, like 3 months ago, back in july, from England, never played a down of football in his life, coach from the high school team talked him into coming to try out becuase he was a physical freak of nature, the coach sent his practice tape out to different colleges, and by the middle of august he had scholarship opprotunities from every major college in the south just about, arknasas, florida, georgia, georgia tech,

this is the player actually

http://rivals.yahoo.com/georgiatech...llon-128080;_ylt=AspH5K4Zc7qcX3CpXIbaddLvr5B4

How tall / big are you? how fast are you? these are what coaches look for. Do you know anything about football?

There are sites out there that can help someone out like you, and yes you can do that but you need to do that. Some coaches will even prefer guys like you because you don't have alot of football wear and tear on you and you haven't peaked yet, if you have the physical necessitates to play football
My height 1 meter 74 centimeters. Weight 69 kg. Athletic build. I have skills in team games because of rugby. My profile more protection. But in the break I can be useful due to (physical strength and fury:)) Play American Football is my dream. But unfortunately I do not have to understand where to apply for entry into the team and move.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so you are 5'8 and 210 pounds. You are a linebacker or fullback, or if you are blessed with really natural speed /agility a power running back. But i think full back would be your best bet. That is really good size for a fullback.

I'm pretty drunk right now lol, as i'm getting ready to watch my fav team play football, but i will give you more information probably tomorrow.

how much can you bench press? how fast can you run?

Barnyshka

Reaction score
backbreaker said:
so you are 5'8 and 210 pounds. You are a linebacker or fullback, or if you are blessed with really natural speed /agility a power running back. But i think full back would be your best bet. That is really good size for a fullback.

I'm pretty drunk right now lol, as i'm getting ready to watch my fav team play football, but i will give you more information probably tomorrow.

how much can you bench press? how fast can you run?
I'm running quite bearable. If you want accurate data tomorrow I can jog to get the data. What are the required distance? At the expense of the position I still lean toward the floor protection. Thanks to the physical strength that helps me to stop opponents, weighing 80-90 kg. You mean push-ups or bench press the rod?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not jog, run. sprints. 40 yards,60 yards 100 yards. those are important.

you need to find out the following

1. how fast you can run a 40 yard dash in
2. how fast you can run a 100 yard dash in
3. how high you can jump
4. (if possible) how fast you can do a shuttle run in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTFDQnOLq6Y
5. how much you can bench press
6. how much you can squat
7. how many times you can bench press 180 pounds

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
5'8 is a little small to play things other than cornerback, running back, or maybe wide reciever.

How athletic are you? Are you agile and able to change direction quickly?

How strong are you? Can you carry the ball and are you hard to tackle?

How fast are you? Do you outrun most other people?

If you have dreams of D1, D2, or D3 football, I would try and walk on at a university in the united states.

Oh and, what is your age?

Barnyshka

Reaction score
HolyG said:
5'8 is a little small to play things other than cornerback, running back, or maybe wide reciever.

How athletic are you? Are you agile and able to change direction quickly?

How strong are you? Can you carry the ball and are you hard to tackle?

How fast are you? Do you outrun most other people?

If you have dreams of D1, D2, or D3 football, I would try and walk on at a university in the united states.

Oh and, what is your age?
Previously, I had a good flexibility (When I stretch every day), but I think I can return to this result very soon. With direction. It depends on what speed, if I run very fast, it will take some time. When we play rugby, I very often go on the attack very successfully and sometimes without any covering. Outperform much anyone. Several times I managed to break through the zone without any resistance, but due to the speed. That this is the whole problem and that I do not know what you want to age. At the moment I am 15 years old, soon 16.

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Barnyshka said:
Previously, I had a good flexibility (When I stretch every day), but I think I can return to this result very soon. With direction. It depends on what speed, if I run very fast, it will take some time. When we play rugby, I very often go on the attack very successfully and sometimes without any covering. Outperform much anyone. Several times I managed to break through the zone without any resistance, but due to the speed. That this is the whole problem and that I do not know what you want to age. At the moment I am 15 years old, soon 16.
Ok so, what do you plan to do for schooling? Will you stay in Russia until university? For university? etc

I am not sure about the organized American football teams in Russia. If you were planning on going to the United States for high school or university, it would be a different story.

Barnyshka

Reaction score
HolyG said:
Ok so, what do you plan to do for schooling? Will you stay in Russia until university? For university? etc

I am not sure about the organized American football teams in Russia. If you were planning on going to the United States for high school or university, it would be a different story.
That this is the point. How do I know in America, paid training at all levels. This is the fundamental difference from our schools and universities. Is it possible to arrive next year in America, there to finish my education in high school and later go to university. At what with learning to play football?

Although it is possible to come this year. Only at the end of the first trimester.

Last edited:

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, if you're a good rugby player, you've got a chance at being a good football player, especially kick-off and return since you're used to running down the field and trying to knock the nearest opponent out. Also, at 16, you're still young enough to train to play.

What I know the process to be from my experience is that a coach or yourself would send a video of your highlights during a game. Since you aren't playing American Football, it would probably have to be a mix of you playing rugby and the results of your training such as your high jump, 40 yard dash time, bench press, squat, power clean, shuttle drills, and any other agility drills. To get a better idea, you may want to look up the NFL Combine since the events there are basically what the NFL looks for and what colleges try to develop.

And if it seems tough, remember this: a guy from a county if in Africa decided he wanted to play, got on a college team in the US because of his size and natural ability, and got drafted. Another is a guy who did the hammer throw at Ole Miss decided to play football his senior year, became a second string offensive lineman and also got drafted. If you want it bad enough, go for it.

Barnyshka

Reaction score
Da Realist said:
Honestly, if you're a good rugby player, you've got a chance at being a good football player, especially kick-off and return since you're used to running down the field and trying to knock the nearest opponent out. Also, at 16, you're still young enough to train to play.

What I know the process to be from my experience is that a coach or yourself would send a video of your highlights during a game. Since you aren't playing American Football, it would probably have to be a mix of you playing rugby and the results of your training such as your high jump, 40 yard dash time, bench press, squat, power clean, shuttle drills, and any other agility drills. To get a better idea, you may want to look up the NFL Combine since the events there are basically what the NFL looks for and what colleges try to develop.

And if it seems tough, remember this: a guy from a county if in Africa decided he wanted to play, got on a college team in the US because of his size and natural ability, and got drafted. Another is a guy who did the hammer throw at Ole Miss decided to play football his senior year, became a second string offensive lineman and also got drafted. If you want it bad enough, go for it.
Ie to make a video of our game and in addition to write my results in physical tests?