Am I Too Old?

PVSSY-EATER

Banned
Reaction score
This is where I am at in my life.

I live in Michigan and I am an actor and a great sales man.

I am going back to college, I will be done and have a B.A. in December, I also already have an acting agency in Los Angelos. In January of 2006, I will move to California and work in pharmaceutical sales in the morning, and go on auditions at night, until my acting career blows up, then I will be a full-time actor.

I am getting the degree to use for pharmaceutical sales, because you need a 4-year degree for the profession.

I just feel so old right now. Currently I am 21 years old, and I will be 22 on August 5, which means when I get done with college and move out to California, I will be 22 years old. Am I too old?

PVSSY-EATER

Banned
Reaction score
I am also getting a lot better with women as well. I am not committed to anybody, but I have learned a great deal, and I am using some of the techniques from this site that would help my love life, and even my fitness goals from the Anything Else discussion boards. I just feel so old at 21.

Reach

Don Juan
Reaction score
For what? Acting?

No, but you're too old for a user name like that.

Brad Pitt is 42 and he got famous in the 80s and really famous in the early mid nineties.

You need to find a niece in the market and add value to someone who can help you. Get the book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill to instill some self confidence.

When people are starting to live to over 100 regularly, 22 isn't old.

PVSSY-EATER

Banned
Reaction score
Can I get that book from Borders Book Store? And hey, you know a place I can get a book on acing the audition?

yunghova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people on here just want attention...

Women are NOT the only ATTENTION *****S

Reach

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can get the book from most stores and from Amazon, I found it in the business section rather than self help.

And I don't know about acting, music is my love. The fact is, if you want something enough you will probably find it. There are pleanty of people out there who have found lots of evidence for the world being flat.

Try and find an agent, it's very hard because it's a catch 22 situation. The fact is, the one thing which is common in many successful actors is that they have a huge amount of social skills. Collin Farrel knows how to make people feel good and have a good time, Tom Cruise gets involved in all sorts of things outside of acting like rock climbing and even building.

You're more likely to get work if you're the freind of a guy who is someone than if you write to someone, just try everything. JK Rowling, who wrote Harry Potter was turned down by nine publishers before she got printed. A woman called Helen McArthur who sailed around the world on a tri miran wrote 2500 letters to find sponsership.

A lot of famous people have points in their lives where if they stopped they'd have been failures. Jennifer Aniston dressed up as a chicken to promote fast food...

I'll give you some really cool book recomendations. All you have to do is read them...

Change Your Life In Seven Days Paul Mckenna

Think And Grow Rich Napoleon Hill

You Can Heal Your Life Louise Hay

I suppose the one thing you have to bear in mind is although a lot of the stuff in these books seems like fiction, people who follow their direction usually end up benefiting, and these are the beliefs of very successful people. That does count for something.

PVSSY-EATER

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks! See, I am already signed to an acting agency, my agent has been waiting for me to finish college before I move to California to do the acting thing. I just wanted to know about any how to ace the audition books that may have been out there, so I can get more familiar with how the producer wants to feel and act.

And by the way, screw the guy who said I just wanted attention. I was really feeling old in my mind and I just needed some ideas. Next time, keep your little comments to yourself, obviously, you are the one who wants attention, seeing that you are on a discussion board to criticise other peoples questions.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pharmaceutical positions are in high demand. Most companies require atleast 2 years of sales experience, before they will even consider you for a position. Unless you go to an ivy league college and have a very high GPA or you're a beautiful female chances are you are not going to get into this profession right away (if you have an insight, this will help you get your foot in the door and possibly a position within the company).

Also, keep in mind the job market is pretty bad, so you'll be competing with mid-career individuals looking for jobs (hence the word "EXPERIENCE).

Good luck!

PVSSY-EATER

Banned
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the replies, I also have experience in outside and inside sales, and from browsing through career builder and monster, a lot of pharmaceutical positions are looking for people with sales experience and a 4 year degree. I dont believe its SO HARD as most people say to get into a great job, most people just dont understand the interviewing process. I have had pharmacetical companies interview me and offer me positions, but when they found out I didnt have a degree, they said I had to have that first. A great book to read is Fearless Interviewing by Marky Stein. Awesome book.

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WHy do most people not understand the itnerview process?

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I don't understand the interviewing process when it's a woman interviewing me, I'll admit it. It's like trying to get a date...

ImSoHorny005

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by yunghova35
Some people on here just want attention...

Women are NOT the only ATTENTION *****S
True. And that's why their posts are always orange :D

j/k

azza

Reaction score
ter is nuthing wrong wid sorting out ur work and life stile erly coz when ur acctually old ur look bac and think it was great u got it out of the way

gd luk wid the acting