Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Am I In The Friend Zone in This One?**PLease Read - Very Important to Me**

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, it is very important for me to get some feedback on this one. I have been in such a rut in the dating department that I need some help her with this one so please read.

Last week while at a party for my graduate class, I met a couple of schoolmates who were underclassmen. I kind of had my eye on one of them (Karen) for a while and decided that I was going to make a move on her. Just as I was about to, my buddy informed me that the other one “was feeling.” I asked him how did he know and replied by saying that she told him that she was “feeling me.” I will call her “Pam.”

Anyway, I decided to make a move on Pam instead because she was closer to my age than the other chic and we were really developing a good rapport during conversation.
She seemed very down-to-Earth and pleasant.
My other buddy, a woman, came up to me and told me Karen told me that she also was into me and suggested that I try to get with her instead but I decided to go with Pam instead because of the Rapport.

I decided to ask Pam out to a school dance the following night since I didn’t plan on attending and thought this would be a cool first date that we both could get into. She accepted. Well we went the following night and had a great time but one of my classmates made a joke about how much space was in between us one time when we were dancing. Since many faculty members also attended the dance, I thought that maybe Pam was just uncomfortable dancing so close or maybe this was a sign that I was teetering on the friend zone.

Around midnight, we left the dance and went back to my place. She told me how handsome I looked in my outfit as we sat around talking. She began talking about her family and a couple of bad relationships she had in the past. She stated that she doesn’t think that she is probably ready for a relationship and thought that maybe she should just date right now because she has a busy schedule which I understand since I have a similar schedule. She said that she probably would look more for a relationship once she takes her licensing exam this summer. I wondered if this was her way of telling me exactly where I stood but we continued to have a nice conversation until she left at about 2:30 am. I walked her to her car while she told me what a great time she had and she gave me a nice hug goodnight. She called me during her 30 minute drive home and we talked for a few more minutes before I told her that I had to go. She also called me the following afternoon and we talked for a few minutes before I had to get off of the phone.

She called me on my birthday a few days later (she didn’t know it was my birthday). She said that if she had known she would have gotten me a card or cooked me a nice dessert. Well, we went out last night to a lounge to listen to some Jazz music and she brought me a little birthday card and a gift. We had another great time getting to know each other. During this “date” she talked about another lounge we should visit next time and she told me what amazing teeth I have. Once the lounge closed, we returned to my place. We talked some more and watched music videos.

During this time, we had developed such a good rapport and were not afraid to touch each other. I debated should I try to make a move on her because of what she told me last week but, like I say, we seem to have great rapport. I didn’t want to ruin our rapport if she thought of me as a friend because currently, I am lacking in the female friends department because I turn away from many female friendships if I cannot be intimate with them but I hate not having a bunch of women to call up when some buddies are visiting from out of town and stuff. So although I really would love to get with this sexy, beautiful woman in an intimate way, I am willing to accept a friendship with her because she just seem to be good people.

So after I walked her to her car she said “I had another really great time” and she gave me a hug. Everything felt so right that as we were coming out of hug, I gave her a quick smooch of the lips and told her to call me once she made it home.

So here comes the meat.

She called me after she made it home and the conversation went like this:

Pam: Well, I have to say that I was really caught off guard by that kiss.

Me: Oh? Did it offend you?

Pam: No. It didn’t offend me but…

Me: If you have something on your mind, express it.

Pam: I just really wasn’t expecting the kiss.

Me: Oh, okay. Well, I will talk to you later.

Pam: You’re getting off of the phone now?

Me: Well we can talk some more if you want. It seems as if you have a lot on your mind?

Pam: Well, when you kissed me I was thinking “now what is this supposed to mean?” [she said it as if she was surprised that this happened although I would touch her, asked her out on yet another date, and gave her a couple of compliments on some of her nice physical features]

Me: It was just a kiss.

Pam: I just didn’t know how to look at that.

Me: Look at it as being just a kiss.

Pam: Okay, I willl look at it in that way. Like I say, I just really wasn’t expecting that.

Me: Oh, okay then, good night.

My thinking is this: if someone is really into you in an intimate way, they wouldn’t be so caught off guard by a kiss and they certainly wouldn’t call you up to tell you so. They would just be glad you kissed them and look forward to the next one…at least in my experience. It seems as if she wanted to make sure I didn’t have any ideas to cross any boundaries.

Now, I don’t want this to get lost in a debate on how I should have handled this situation. I just need some extra insight into whether I am in friend zone territory or not. If I am, like I say, I would have no problem making a woman like this my friend although I really would prefer to be laying her. Again, please, do not get into how I should have done this or that instead of doing this or that. It only obscures my whole purpose of writing this.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rather than dissect your whole situation and do the expected SoSuave hyper-analyzation, I will just say that if the kiss was on her mind as well, you probably wouldnt have gotten the "No, it didnt offend me, but...." phone call.

I think your assessment is correct on this one.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll adhere to your request to not tell you what you should have done. Instead, I'll just run through these events and call it as I see it.

Sometimes the proof is in the pudding:

Guys, it is very important for me to get some feedback on this one. I have been in such a rut in the dating department that I need some help her with this one so please read.
Oneitis at its finest. You know what to do.

Well we went the following night and had a great time but one of my classmates made a joke about how much space was in between us one time when we were dancing. Since many faculty members also attended the dance, I thought that maybe Pam was just uncomfortable dancing so close or maybe this was a sign that I was teetering on the friend zone.
As is said often - no failure, only feedback. What's the lesson here?

Assume the sale. If she won't allow you to escalate with her, it's time to go home.

We had another great time getting to know each other. During this “date” she talked about another lounge we should visit next time and she told me what amazing teeth I have. Once the lounge closed, we returned to my place. We talked some more and watched music videos.
Alright, I wasn't there so I can't say for sure. But, the smart money says this segment of the story is when the Chick Planning Commission zoned you as "friend." If the lack of attempts at escalating sexually with her on the first date AND the friendly getting-to-know-each-other (still no sexual escalation) on the second date wasn't enough for her to make an informed decision about your intent, the going back to your place to talk and watch music videos instead of making fvck is what sealed the deal for her.

Pam (her emotional inner-chick voice): Okay, so it's obvious Fantasy's not that into me. Maybe he's got another woman, maybe he's just too much of a nice guy. Well, whatever. We had some nice conversation. It's always good to have more friends..."

**Then her new brotherly friend kisses her!**

Pam: Well, I have to say that I was really caught off guard by that kiss.
Res ipsa loquitur (the thing speaks for itself).

If I am [in the friend zone], like I say, I would have no problem making a woman like this my friend although I really would prefer to be laying her.
I wasn't going to respond to this thread until I read this line. Been there, seen it, had many good masturbation sessions afterwards.

Dude, YOU WANT TO LAY THIS CHICK, and you being friends with her is completely the thing that nice guys do that is creepy and pisses women off. It's dishonest. It's a false pretense, and totally inappropriate for you to be friends with her.

There's two ways with suggesting a course of action for you here. There's the short-term fix and the long-term fix.

Short-term... You are fortunate that you haven't known this chick long, otherwise you'd be completely cemented in the friend zone with her. Your saving grace here is that at the end of the last date you finally manned up and kissed her. Obviously, she's now confused and has no idea what your intent is. Whatever interaction you have with her next (if she decides to see you anymore) will be the tie-breaker. Your only slim chance with her is to take her out and be the man so she can be the woman. Tease her, kino her, be ****y/funny with her, show her a good time, build some sexual tension, and LEAD her back to your place for a shag.

Long-term... I'm guessing, based on the contents of your post, that the short-term advice suggested in the previous paragraph is too far outside your familiar to be executed effectively. Go ahead and give it your best effort, as it's an excellent learning opportunity, but don't feel bad if she rejects or LJBFs you. Instead, do some searches on here, read up on fixing your inner game, and look forward to playing the game again in the near future. :up:

RedPill

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys but Redpill, that is precisely what I didn't want. I don't want the sosuave.com hyper-analyzation telling me what I should and should not have done. In other words, I don't want lessons on how to handle women. I just wanted someone's input if I was in the friend zone or not.

Like I say, I prefer to lay the chic but she would also be someone cool just to know. It is okay to have hot female friends and associates and not be banging them. You really don't have to lay everyone you are attracted to.

I just had a hot female buddy help my ass out of a tight situation. I could have turned her friendship away because she wasn't laying me but then my ass would be grass right about now so I don't buy into all of that any longer. A big problem with a lot of theory is always over-analayzing stuff to a point that it drives you crazy when this stuff really shouldn't require laboring thought. I just do what I feel and I accept the consequences of it whether good or bad. I can't be someone I am not so I don't try messinga round by thinking about all of that ****y/funny stuff. It just isn't me. I have to be the natural. I firmly believe that if you can't be yourself, then you are nobody.

Anyway, the chic called me this afternoon to talk to me some more and asked me what I was doing next weekend because she wanted to cook for me. She isn't the only one that is probably confused. I decided to just back off a bit on this one for now.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, my bad... I just wanted to illustrate what led me to the conclusions I came to. So... if you only want to know if people think you're in the friend zone, I'd say you put yourself there, but then kissed her and now are in the gray area in between. She called you about the kiss, and wants to see you again to cook for you, which I interpret as her attempts to figure out what your intent is with her. It seems she digs you or she wouldn't have invited you over and offered to cook for you. The ball's in your court.

I don't share your 'be myself, do as I feel, accept whatever happens' philosophy, but hey we're all entitled to our own ideas. Good luck if you try to pursue her in the future.

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Stuff

RedPill said:
Well, my bad... I just wanted to illustrate what led me to the conclusions I came to. So... if you only want to know if people think you're in the friend zone, I'd say you put yourself there, but then kissed her and now are in the gray area in between. She called you about the kiss, and wants to see you again to cook for you, which I interpret as her attempts to figure out what your intent is with her. It seems she digs you or she wouldn't have invited you over and offered to cook for you. The ball's in your court.

I don't share your 'be myself, do as I feel, accept whatever happens' philosophy, but hey we're all entitled to our own ideas. Good luck if you try to pursue her in the future.
Thanks a lot for the input here, Red. I agree.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My knowledge isn't extensive but I'd say you're in there if you keep up the momentum and make more moves. She probably thought you weren't all that into her since you didn't make a move before but it seems you don't really have anything to worry about. The call she made to you about the kiss would have irritated me because she KNOWS why you kissed her (although she was surprised) but I guess she wanted you to verbalize it, which would have destroyed the mystery. You didn't cave, good job.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see

Yeah after reading your subsequent posts and the replies, I would have to agree that its your move at this point. She had enough interest to call you up and offer to cook, so see how it goes. I wouldnt try to bang her or anything, but she is more aware of your intentions and she still pursued you, so just let it flow and then make your call.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reframe your previous hesitancy by saying you are only looking for a quality woman or you had other commitments that stopped you or something.

I think you are close to the friend zone, but can yet escape its gravity if you charm the pants off her (literally), ASAP.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No you aren't in the friendzone.

I do think you have found an attention ***** though - buyer beware.