Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Am I at a disadvantage, with not having a cell phone?

silenthill

Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean pretty much everyone has one already have one, and it feels kind of weird to be one of the only ones with out one. I don't feel like paying $40 a month for something I'll hardly use. I could see it would be an advatage for asking girls out though.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a call you have to make (no pun :D). I got tired of missing out on activities cuz people couldn't reach me when I wasn't home. It's a must if you go out a lot. You must have it to get together with people, write girl's numbers and take pics. Get one if you can afford it. I've seen cheap plans that don't exceed $40 mark. Reasearch what's out there and I'm sure you'll find a plan that's affordable for you.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silenthill
I mean pretty much everyone has one already have one, and it feels kind of weird to be one of the only ones with out one. I don't feel like paying $40 a month for something I'll hardly use. I could see it would be an advatage for asking girls out though.
For some people, a cell phone is their own worst enemy. So not exactly.

j8snx1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's up to you bro.
Sure cellphone bills are high...if you have the latest style of cellphone(such as the RAZR) from the most popular company(somewhere crappy like T-Mobile or high quality like Verizon). You don't NEED attached cameras or extra features like texting keyboards on your phone. You simply need # keys and a screen and you get calls and #'s...but most people don't see it as I do. (ironically, I have a slider phone, but I didn't ask for that specifically! my old one's antannae kept breaking off)

You should ask around/do research/ask your friends about cheaper plans or cheap companies that give you good connection.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its usually easier to get them to put their numbers in there, plus u can make fun of them when they **** up or press the wrong button or whatever. "oh my god you ****ed up" is my favorite because at the moment :)

i know a lot of people who straight up hate cell phones, and other people who talk on them all day just for the sake of talking on them

if u think it'll make ur life easier go for it. if it'll be a hassle dont

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to rock a pager about a year ago and still got numbers. With a cell, you can have it on and don't answer it. Women sound so cute on voicemail any way. Like others say, $40 isn't really anything but you don't need a phone that's a transformer. Get cingular or verizon since everybody else has it. The calls will be free. And sms service too. Women like to send texts for some reason. But if not, a pager and a calling card worked for me.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't pay for a fu-cking special phone like all the other idiots.....
just pick the cellphone plan and get the basic phone. I'm not sure about the other companies but Cingular gives you the phone for "free" when you get the plan..... hey, as long as it fits well in my pocket, lasts a while, and gets good reception, I am happy.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope....A cell phone is something nice to have....but not having a cell phone doesn't cause any significant disadvantages.

silenthill

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can probably get a plan from cingular for about $39. Thats $10 a month, not TOO bad. It would probably be good to have if you get in an accident.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Verizon has the best reception out of any of them, at least in Chicago area. I have met VERY few people who complain about Verizon. That's what I use too. Its more expensive than some, but its totally worth it.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silenthill
$40 a month??

use a pay as you go service - you just buy a top-up card when you run out of minutes.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I despise cell phones but unfortunatly I think alot of girls will assume you have no social life if you don't have a phone.

dj22

Reaction score
Re: Re: Am I at a disadvantage, with not having a cell phone?

Originally posted by The Juan and only

use a pay as you go service - you just buy a top-up card when you run out of minutes.
I don't use it personally but pay as you go seems optimal for your situation, that way you aren't stuck with a monthly bill, and if you don't use your phone much you won't pay much.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fatality
I despise cell phones but unfortunatly I think alot of girls will assume you have no social life if you don't have a phone.
Girls will assume a lot of things.
They are even worried about what we assume about them. Do you actually believe that half the girls you see fu-cking with cell phones are having important convos? Hel-l no, they play with them just to make us THINK they are important. hahaha.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by n00bPimp
DUDEE!!!
DO YOU LIVE IN A CAVE???
Come on man cellphones now are as standard as wearing pants.
It also helps your social life, more people are willing to call your cell than hearing your mom yelling your name at the top her lungs.
True, but...... pimps existed long before there were even regular phones. I truly believe that some people (women in particular) would be better off without a cell phone. Perhaps they could learn to be a little more independent and would be forced to socially interact with THOSE AROUND THEM. Seriously, cell phones are actually HURTING many peoples' social skills, as well as their individualities. This is the main reason that cell phones can pis-s me off.

That said, for those of us with half a brain cell in our heads, cell phones are convenient if nothing else. I personally keep mine on me all day just in case my car breaks down or something. If you use it to chat all day long to your girlfriend.... things can get boring quick, and it will probably hurt your relationship more than helping it.... I mean dam-n, give her some time to miss you. I never talk to friends on it for more than a minute at a time usually... the only purpose it serves there is to keep us in touch with each other.

So, I do recommend you get a cell phone, but don't just hold onto the same people your whole life like everyone else does; turn the phone off when you're in social situations with new people and you'll be more of a don juan than 99.9% of the male population.