"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Am I a rebound???

gm8384

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Ok, so I met this girl last week and went out with her today. Turns out she dated some guy for 2 years, and they broke up about a month ago. She said it wasn't a "civilized" breakup and that they still talk occasionally. That was all she said about it, and she didn't seem like she was hiding any baggage about the situation.

We had fun when we were out, and it appears she is interested in me

So, my question is...do you think she is looking at me as a potential rebound? And, what do you think I should do?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
A girl doesn't "look" for a rebound guy...he just sort of stumbles in to her path on her way to "Over The Ex". And yes, if you are the first guy that she's dated since the break up then you are probably going to be "The Rebound Guy". She'll fall for you madly, then wake up four-five months from now, look at you and scream "What the bloody hell was I thinking?"

Funny thing is, I've seen some "Rebound Guys" hold it together for an LTR.
 

gm8384

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
I was under the impression that a rebound was something you did look for.

The point of this being to
1. to make your time without your ex more exciting (dating someone...anyone...instead of no one)
2. make your ex jealous

For what its worth, we seem to have a decent amount in common. Now, this can go along with what watertiger says about falling madly for me and then waking up one day horrified (lol).

On the other hand, with my figuring of what a rebound is....there wouldn't be too much in common. It would be a very superficial "relationship" where its more like you're single, I'm single, we have fun hanging out but besides that, we have absolutely nothing in common, but lets start dating. Then it fizzles out sometime not to long after that.
 
Top