Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, Your Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Lmao, this isn't going anywhere and y'all are just getting heated which strengthens my "good obedient blsc
Thank you.
Empowerment and victim mentality are incompatible

I have seen people at the behavioral hospital, I have volunteered there. Many cases of depression and such have this victim mentality. Victim mentality is because a person views themselves as helpless. The victim mentality takes away ones personal power, limits their perceived resourcefulness, and leaves them feeling as if they are not in control.

The first thing they do in therapy for these cases is to try to get them out of thinking of themselves as victims... Dr. Gardner one said "Self-pity is easily the most destructive of the nonpharmaceutical narcotics; it is addictive, gives momentary pleasure and separates the victim from reality.”

Therefore, black empowerment will never happen if the victim mentality persists.
White Fragility at its best. It is hard for a white man to accept his privilege in a country that was founded upon for white men(yes it is written). The victim mentality is his next line of defense when confronted with facts and actual experiences of African Americans in this country. The victim mentality dehumanizes African Americans as irrational beings and puts the 100% of their responsibility on them. This nullifies the white privilege argument to something minor or really insignificant. When people accomplish something, they always want to credit themselves rather then acknowledge all the other external factors which put their success in to place.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
It is hard for a white man to accept his privilege in a country that was founded upon for white men(yes it is written). The victim mentality is his next line of defense when confronted with facts and actual experiences of African Americans in this country. The victim mentality dehumanizes African Americans as irrational beings and puts the 100% of their responsibility on them. This nullifies the white privilege argument to something minor or really insignificant. When people accomplish something, they always want to credit themselves rather then acknowledge all the other external factors which put their success in to place.
As you know, I do not believe we are in a massive Race War anymore, but a massive Class War. The Race War says, "You're black, fvck you, get out of here." The Class War says, "You aren't a part of my particular network, fvck you, get out of here."

The issue is that the Class War has the same result for many blacks like the Race War did, in terms of lack of resources. It's the HAVES v.s. the HAVE NOTS.

- It's the HAVES who get good policing, low crime areas, good schools, good local economic areas, access to good investment products, access to new job opportunities, no fvcked up water pipes, etc.

- It's the HAVE NOTS who don't get any of these things. And unfortunately, far too many black people are a part of this HAVE NOT pile which again, looks very similar in terms of lack of resources to the Race War, which is why most black people think we are STILL in a Race War.

Blacks, Latinos, and Mexicans aren't networked like Whites, Jews, and Asians are for the most part. Which is why Blacks, Latinos, and Mexicans are in last place, while Jews, Whites, and Asians are kicking everybody's a.ss in terms of resources.

We all know that 80% - 90% of the JOBS aren't posted on job boards, they are either created or circulated within particular "networks". So being networked is extremely important in the Class War, it's literally ALL you have in terms of building wealth and success.

This is why I continue to preach that black people need to embrace group economics. It's ALSO why I've preached that we on this forum (who sit and debate/discuss things with each other all day) need to create our OWN NETWORKS so we can throw each other jobs, new opportunities, etc., all day instead of being anonymous as if being a part of a Male Self Improvement website is something to be ashamed of.

One final question....

If you owned a company, which person would you hire?

A. Person has 4 year degree, 4 years experience in your companies field, graduated top of their class. He is a white guy that put himself through school by working. No help from parents.

B. Person graduated high school, then dropped out of college the first year. Has had 7 jobs in the past 2 years, none longer than a month. He is a black guy. Comes from a family that has money, but isn't "rich", rich.
The honest truth today is that more than likely, the person hired would be the person who was connected to the hiring manager's network, not the one who was the most COMPETENT. Maybe that person knows someone inside the company, maybe that person is a friend of the hiring manager's friend, maybe that person met the hiring manager outside of work and "just so happened" to be looking for a job right now that the hiring manager wants to fill.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly, Asians, Whites, and Jews all have these multi generation networks that provide safety nets, jobs, money, and etc to them. Blacks and Hispanics value this starting from the bottom/do it yourself mindset. In addition, they can't grasp the concept of investing in your kids. They live in this fantasy land in which the world isn't competitive and just having a hard working mentality is going to put you ahead of Brock who had 2 internships, no student loan debt, already 10k in his bank account, and a higher paying starting job at a Fortune 500 company. This mindset just creates more hurdles for black Americans, not success.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly, Asians, Whites, and Jews all have these multi generation networks that provide safety nets, jobs, money, and etc to them. Blacks and Hispanics value this starting from the bottom/do it yourself mindset. In addition, they can't grasp the concept of investing in your kids. They live in this fantasy land in which the world isn't competitive and just having a hard working mentality is going to put you ahead of Brock who had 2 internships, no student loan debt, already 10k in his bank account, and a higher paying starting job at a Fortune 500 company. This mindset just creates more hurdles for black Americans, not success.
You act like people who aren't black have things handed to them on a silver platter. Have you ever heard of this thing called "hard work?" Or even "work ethic?"

Instead of playing the "I can't get anywhere because people want to hold me down" card all the time, maybe people should play the "I can't get anywhere because I don't apply myself" card.

The world won't be handed to you. I didn't just happen to "be privileged" to get into my job. Did Bill Gates just, Mark Cuban, Bill Cosby, Steve Harvey, Robert Herjavec, Kevin O'Leary, or Daymond John have the world given to them, or did they go out there and work their ass off to get where they are?

Maybe the "too many hurdles" mindset is the reason people are where they are. I love how you ignore about 98% of the questions and only zero in on 1 or 2 things and then give an answer that comes off as victimizing. Really saying a lot about yourself there.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao, this isn't going anywhere and y'all are just getting heated which strengthens my "good obedient blsc

White Fragility at its best. It is hard for a white man to accept his privilege in a country that was founded upon for white men(yes it is written). The victim mentality is his next line of defense when confronted with facts and actual experiences of African Americans in this country. The victim mentality dehumanizes African Americans as irrational beings and puts the 100% of their responsibility on them. This nullifies the white privilege argument to something minor or really insignificant. When people accomplish something, they always want to credit themselves rather then acknowledge all the other external factors which put their success in to place.
This is Exhibit A of entitled, jealous, victim, liberal ideology right here. Literally take all the behaviors you are currently portraying, and accuse everyone else of those very behaviors. It's just funny at this point. Thanks for that, Malcolm.

Furthermore, liberals come from two groups.....people who have something and people who have nothing. Think Hillary Clinton, and then Dhoulmagus (or any other BLM-esque foot soldier) for illustrations. The ones who have something are generally second/third generation trust fund babies, so they have a little power. They are the true 'elites' we all despise, because they are hollow people and we all know it. They take successful businesses and institutions and run them into the ground.

Anyways, it is what it is. But know this.....you aren't fooling anyone.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Again, people want to credit their success from solely them. I understand you worked hard, but there were certain open gates and options available to you due to your skin color that people of color do not have.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, people want to credit their success from solely them. I understand you worked hard, but there were certain open gates and options available to you due to your skin color that people of color do not have.
Let me know when there is a NWACP, WET, and "white" scholarships...

B

BlueAlpha1

Simply not true. In fact, the opposite is true.

Everyone white male should withhold from answering that 'diversity questionnaire' at the end of every job application. It's not for your benefit.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel zero remorse for you, and I never will (regarding this subject). How about that?

I mean I'll probably feel sorry for you if a muslim terrorist cut your head off, sure. But over institutional racism? Ha, you can go jump in a river. I've got my own problems.

I see all those posts on facebook or whatever that say, if you are silent, you are part of the problem. Haha, that shows you their true intent right there.

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are a middle class American black man. You are college educated and You were given a lot of opportunities in life that you seem to take for granted.

You were likely given far more opportunities in life than I, a child of Eastern European immigrants and who has no college education. You think YOU had it hard in life. You think you grew up in a difficult situation. I bet everything that the troubles I have faced in my own life far far exceeds anything you have, not even close. But unlike you I don't complain about life dealing me an unfair hand. I choose to not be a victim to my fate, my will is my own.

But no I am white so therefore I am privileged... Because that is all you seem to care about and it is how you seem to generalize people.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
You are a middle class American black man. You are college educated and You were given a lot of opportunities in life that you seem to take for granted.

You were likely given far more opportunities in life than I, a child of Eastern European immigrants and who has no college education. You think YOU had it hard in life. You think you grew up in a difficult situation. I bet everything that the troubles I have faced in my own life far far exceeds anything you have, not even close. But unlike you I don't complain about life dealing me an unfair hand. I choose to not be a victim to my fate, my will is my own.

But no I am white so therefore I am privileged... Because that is all you seem to care about and it is how you seem to generalize people.
What options and gates were open to me just for being white?

According to Peggy McIntosh, whites in Western societies enjoy advantages that non-whites do not experience, as "an invisible package of unearned assets".[1] White privilege denotes both obvious and less obvious passive advantages that white people may not recognize they have, which distinguishes it from overt bias or prejudice. These include cultural affirmations of one's own worth; presumed greater social status; and freedom to move, buy, work, play, and speak freely. The effects can be seen in professional, educational, and personal contexts. The concept of white privilege also implies the right to assume the universality of one's own experiences, marking others as different or exceptional while perceiving oneself as normal.[2][3]

White Privilege doesn't have to be obvious as an elephant in a room.

Asmodeus, you are still considered white and immigrants actually have it easier than natural born US citizens. What's funny is that a person like bluealpha will just credit my achievements to affirmative action or something lmao.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to Peggy McIntosh, whites in Western societies enjoy advantages that non-whites do not experience, as "an invisible package of unearned assets".[1] White privilege denotes both obvious and less obvious passive advantages that white people may not recognize they have, which distinguishes it from overt bias or prejudice. These include cultural affirmations of one's own worth; presumed greater social status; and freedom to move, buy, work, play, and speak freely. The effects can be seen in professional, educational, and personal contexts. The concept of white privilege also implies the right to assume the universality of one's own experiences, marking others as different or exceptional while perceiving oneself as normal.[2][3]

White Privilege doesn't have to be obvious as an elephant in a room.
Legit LOL. If you can't prove it, just say that it's true and start calling folks racist.

What's funny is that a person like bluealpha will just credit my achievements to affirmative action or something lmao.
That is the EXACT same thing you are saying about Asmodeus, because he's white.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Legit LOL. If you can't prove it, just say that it's true and start calling folks racist.

That is the EXACT same thing you are saying about Asmodeus, because he's white.
No, with white privilege you just have more available options and more privileges than people of color. This does not mean you didn't have to lift a finger to get to your position. Bluealpha is assuming the black person pretty much got his position because he was black. He is assuming the black guy was unqualified for the job, but the company needed to fill a quota spot. When employees throw away an application because the name sounds "black" then that's one less person John has to compete against to get that job. That is white privilege!

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I agree, but one thing you have to note going forward though is that the concept of "white privilege" I think is very difficult to prove.

Again, we are operating in a Class War in my opinion, it's the HAVES v.s. the HAVE NOTS. You have both white and black people in both groups, which is why it's a bit disingenuous to me to have blacks who are in the HAVES pile, out here marching with poor blacks from the inner city as IF the experiences of a black man in the HAVE pile are the SAME as they are in the HAVE NOT pile.

Same with white people, you have white people in the HAVE pile and you have white people in the HAVE NOT pile. It's why a white boy who currently resides in the trailer park, without a pot to pizz in or a window to throw it out of, gets a deer in the headlights look on his face when a black guy says he has "white privilege". The broke white boy in the trailer park is thinking, "What fvcking privilege does my broke, beat down, dusty a.ss have?"

Now I might be called a coon or a Uncle Tom for saying this.....but I do NOT believe we have a wide scale institutionalized white racism system active today, nor do we have something called "white privilege". The reason I believe blacks are saying this is because we are operating in a Class War based on established networks, and these established networks will usually include people of the same race/ethnicity. Again, who is the "white" hiring manager going to hire? The black guy with an MBA that he doesn't know, or the niece of his buddy who is graduating with her MBA in 6 months?

It LOOKS like to most black people that they didn't get hired because they were black. The REALITY is that you didn't get hired because you didn't know anybody in the company. Matter of fact, if you are looking for a "good job" and applying ANYWHERE outside of your professional network.........for the most part you are wasting your time.

It's why people go to certain colleges (and pay out of the a.ss for it), join certain professional associations, network on LinkedIn, etc., it's all to build a NETWORK. This NETWORK is where your next opportunity comes from.

Black people as a whole don't understand this, if they did, then the $1.1 trillion in spending power wouldn't leave a black person's hands in less than 6 hours.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
I agree, but one thing you have to note going forward though is that the concept of "white privilege" I think is very difficult to prove.

Again, we are operating in a Class War in my opinion, it's the HAVES v.s. the HAVE NOTS. You have both white and black people in both groups, which is why it's a bit disingenuous to me to have blacks who are in the HAVES pile, out here marching with poor blacks from the inner city as IF the experiences of a black man in the HAVE pile are the SAME as they are in the HAVE NOT pile.

Same with white people, you have white people in the HAVE pile and you have white people in the HAVE NOT pile. It's why a white boy who currently resides in the trailer park, without a pot to pizz in or a window to throw it out of, gets a deer in the headlights look on his face when a black guy says he has "white privilege". The broke white boy in the trailer park is thinking, "What fvcking privilege does my broke, beat down, dusty a.ss have?"

Now I might be called a coon or a Uncle Tom for saying this.....but I do NOT believe we have a wide scale institutionalized white racism system active today, nor do we have something called "white privilege". The reason I believe blacks are saying this is because we are operating in a Class War based on established networks, and these established networks will usually include people of the same race/ethnicity. Again, who is the "white" hiring manager going to hire? The black guy with an MBA that he doesn't know, or the niece of his buddy who is graduating with her MBA in 6 months?

It LOOKS like to most black people that they didn't get hired because they were black. The REALITY is that you didn't get hired because you didn't know anybody in the company. Matter of fact, if you are looking for a "good job" and applying ANYWHERE outside of your professional network.........for the most part you are wasting your time.

It's why people go to certain colleges (and pay out of the a.ss for it), join certain professional associations, network on LinkedIn, etc., it's all to build a NETWORK. This NETWORK is where your next opportunity comes from.

Black people as a whole don't understand this, if they did, then the $1.1 trillion in spending power wouldn't leave a black person's hands in less than 6 hours.
Did you grow up around mostly black people or white people?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Did you grow up around mostly black people or white people?
Mostly black people. I grew up in Flint, MI and while I wasn't on a street that was "the hood"....."the hood" was literally (and I mean literally) right around the corner. All of my family is still in Flint and my sisters on my mother's side can be classified as "hood".

I basically used the college financial aid system including Pell Grants and Stafford Loans (along with my career) to help raise up out of Flint and into the Middle Class over here in a Suburb called Clinton Township.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Mostly black people. I grew up in Flint, MI and while I wasn't on a street that was "the hood"....."the hood" was literally (and I mean literally) right around the corner. All of my family is still in Flint and my sisters on my mother's side can be classified as "hood".

I basically used the college financial aid system including Pell Grants and Stafford Loans (along with my career) to help raise up out of Flint and into the Middle Class over here in a Suburb called Clinton Township.
So did you grow up basically lower-to middle class in a black neighborhood? Not the hood, but not middle class either?

B

BlueAlpha1

No, with white privilege you just have more available options and more privileges than people of color. This does not mean you didn't have to lift a finger to get to your position. Bluealpha is assuming the black person pretty much got his position because he was black. He is assuming the black guy was unqualified for the job, but the company needed to fill a quota spot. When employees throw away an application because the name sounds "black" then that's one less person John has to compete against to get that job. That is white privilege!
No, not every black man applying for a position gets the job because of affirmative action. But it's just a fact it's there for your benefit, not mine. So some clearly do get the job for that reason. These quotas exist and are widely accepted, that's the whole purpose for that questionnaire at the end of every job application. So when employees throw away an application because the name sounds "white" and they've not yet hit their quota, then that's one less person Katwon has to compete against to get that job. That is black privilege.

Peggy McIntosh is a radical feminist. That should tell you how credible she will be considered on a forum like this.

Nobody takes you seriously trying to literally prove the existence of something "invisible" - her word, not mine.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
No, not every black man applying for a position gets the job because of affirmative action. But it's just a fact it's there for your benefit, not mine. So some clearly do get the job for that reason. These quotas exist and are widely accepted, that's the whole purpose for that questionnaire at the end of every job application. So when employees throw away an application because the name sounds "white" and they've not yet hit their quota, then that's one less person Katwon has to compete against to get that job. That is black privilege.

Peggy McIntosh is a radical feminist. That should tell you how credible she will be considered on a forum like this.

Nobody takes you seriously trying to literally prove the existence of something "invisible" - her word, not mine.
How can you say that when white sounding resumes statistically get more call backs than black sounding resumes?

B

BlueAlpha1

How can you say that when white sounding resumes statistically get more call backs than black sounding resumes?
Don't use a word like "statistically" without citations. Stop acting like Marc Lamont Hill or Eric Dyson. Using words like statistically or empirically while they sounds intellectual are not proof.

And try to use a source other than atlantablackstar, Huffington Post, or Buzzfeed. I'll wait

Status
Not open for further replies.