Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alternative to Cable TV

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's going on my So Suavers!

I'm looking into getting rid of the Comcast as they upped my bill once again. I already have Netflix and Hulu Plus as well. What are good alternatives to cable. I really only watch a couple of networks anyway (such as discovery and mtv once in a while).

What are some alternatives that you guys use that are more cost efficient. (Around or under 80$)?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never paid for cable TV since I move out on my own.

I stuck an OTA antenna on my roof, and I've got an FTA satellite dish with a motor. Other than that, I watch Youtube and buy DVDs. Aside from the internet connection, it costs whatever I want to spend.

I had a Netflix account for two months. There was nearly nothing on it that interested me.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never had cable tv. I just watch free tv and internet streaming. :up:

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PrettyBoyAJ said:
What's going on my So Suavers!

I'm looking into getting rid of the Comcast as they upped my bill once again. I already have Netflix and Hulu Plus as well. What are good alternatives to cable. I really only watch a couple of networks anyway (such as discovery and mtv once in a while).

What are some alternatives that you guys use that are more cost efficient. (Around or under 80$)?
Get rid of it all together.

I pay $92 for internet, nothing else, and it is far more worth it than any cable service I've ever experienced. I have a chromecast, live streaming/gaming computer, and a Hulu account and that's all I really need. If there is a show or a movie on Netflix then all I have to do is make a new fake email, register, get a free 1 month trial, and then don't renew because Netflix streaming rarely has anything good anymore. The only thing I really have to worry about is if Cox decides to be a d*ck to their long time customers and raise their prices- yes it's happened before. But even then I'm still not paying for cable or phone line so I will be saving whatever the next person is paying for it. Nowadays T.V is only really good for finding new shows to watch and nothing else in my opinion. The recent T.V show ratings prove this as well.

Worst case scenario: torrent a movie or find it on YouTube. I mean, you will have the download speeds to have any 1080p movie in less than 5 minutes(depending on your area).

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been thinking about it forever. My bill is $150, TV is about $100 and internet the rest. I wonder if it is really worth it to cut out $100/month. $1,200 per year, it's really not that much money.

At the end of the day, I am going to have to do it for other reasons besides money. I'm sure it would help keep garbage out of my kids' minds, and motivate me to actually get things done at night time rather than sit on the couch.