"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Alright, Fellas....

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Alexandria, VA
Gotta see what kind of brilliant ideas people come up with for this one.

I'm going into my senior year now. From 3rd to 10th grade, I went to the same school, we'll just call it School A. After a couple years of wanting to switch, though, I went over to School B for 11th grade. School B was terrible, so rather than going to yet another new place, I decided to return to School A.

Now, much has happened since I left School A. I was a relatively unpopular guy back then, had never dated anyone within the school, was a virgin, didn't have a swarm of people around me whenever I happened to stop by and see a friend or something. In the past fifteen months, I've had sex with four different girls, had three girlfriends, gotten a car, and (with some help from this place) gotten myself a much more aggressive and ****y attitude. So, with a week to go until I start, I'm thinking... how do I shred my old school's perception of me? I'd rather not sit through another year of that sh!t, but I ain't just gonna walk in and be the big man on campus overnight. Any thoughts? Ideas? Stories? Things not to do?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
southern California
Hey ther Ballistick. I am starting my senior year as well and i have gone through several reputations.( your current rep seems to overshadow your last) Any way here is my story.

In the 10th grade i was a big pot head loser and everyone knew it. I was so addicted that i was tokin up between classes!(dont take drugs)

So near the end of that school year i was busted for smoking at lunch. Iwas suspended for a week, got a ticket for possesion, had to pay a fine, got 30 hours of community service and had my license suspended for a year. Rough huh?

After that i realized what a loser i was, so i started running. Just a few miles at first but eventually i got better and faster. So in Junior year i go out for Cross Country and became one of the top runners at my school. I had a very good season and got my varsity letter. I was now known as a good runner.

After a bad track season that same year, i started running 100 miles a week (15 a day). I was so proud of myself i told everyone my accomplishments. Now rather than beig known as a pot head loser i am known as a dedicated ambitious long distance runner. I hope this helps bud! Feel free to ask me any Q,s!
 

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Alexandria, VA
Heh, not a bad idea, but it's a little late for me to take up a new sport.
 

MarcP

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Well there is no point downplaying your new self because that would be qualifying for other people. Not giving a **** actually means not giving a ****. Last year at school I was like one of the AFCs. When I got back to school(today) I just didn't give a **** that I had changed from 6 weeks ago. It just happened and if anyone didn't like it then they could cry about it all night for all I cared. As far as I knew no girls apart from my former oneitis liked me and now the guys can't believe how good I've become with girls. If anyone says you've changed I'd just say something like "alot happened to me in the last 6 weeks" this creates mystery as well. At the end of the day its like going to a karate class a white belt then quiting the class and going to another one and when you come back a year later you are a high grade belt and you want to try to hide the fact you've got so high because people remember you as "the white belt guy" and you want to slowly bring them to the idea that you're higher than most of them. Alot can happen in a year but who gives **** about what they think anyway. You shouldn't want to hide that you are now a man. Hope I helped:D
 
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
southern California
I wasnt suggesting doing a sport but rather finding something your good at and succeding with it. Become known for it. It could be playing the guitar or somethin i dont know, just as long as its positive.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Alexandria, VA
Hmmmm.... anyone got any specific experiences where they set the tone pretty damn quickly with a new school/team/group?
 

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
It's a matter of simply just walking in there with your new personality. People will notice, there's no need to intigrate it. You know the analogy with a frog in a boiling water? In this case, throw the frog right in.

Over the past week I've seen some people I havn't seen in years, and with my new attitude they hardly notice. Humans are built to adapt to their surroundings, and in this case, they'll adapt.

Just make sure the change was for the good ;)
 

Izo

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Hawaii
I think that people will be able to tell if you have changed. Just don't revert back to your old self, man. If you keep worrying that people will only think of your old reputation, it won't work.
 

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 19, 2003
Messages
236
Reaction score
0
Location
Over Yonder
just be your new bad a$$ self, ppl will notice (whatever you do don't go back to your dorky a$$ self)
 
Top