Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alpha male question...

DJnomore

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK I have always been a beta type of guy. I am very smart, a little good looking, rich etc. and can generally get what I want without having to "take" it from someone else. But as I get older and a lot of the girls I would like to date are dating someone else I am starting to re-evaluate.

My problem is this. I am attracted to a girl who likes alpha traits.
Since most women don't mind a guy who is mildly alpha I have decided to become more alpha.

I am basically doing this for an AFC reason. I want a specific girl and she has a bf and he is the jerk type. The boyfriend is very very very concerned about me as I am her ex of 4 years and he wasn't the reason we broke up 2 years ago. He strikes me as the jealous loser type, he asked her if she was still seeing me for like 3 months after I stopped talking to her once (she told me when I talked to her after 3 months).

Early in their relationship I called and asked her to a movie and she tells me she is still dating him and to call back in two weeks and she will be broken up with him by then. So two weeks later when he was there I called a couple of times and left messages cause we had a specific date for that day and we were going to plan it by phone (I didn't know he was there probably ****ing her lol). I am pretty sure she didn't tell him we had a date so he thinks I am calling her all the time. Another time I call and he is there she says not a good time to talk and we hang up, he calls me up from her house and tells me not to talk to her ever again I ask to talk to her and he says she doesn't want to talk to me but I insist and tell her I won't talk to her anymore but she is pissed and my take is she not pissed at me but rather at him for forcing the issue. The next day I see her and she says hi djnomore (not pissed) I say nothing...but I stopped calling after that and he thinks its cause he was alpha. Next time I see her I ignore her and she is visibly pissed.

Fast forward 9 months, called her for her b-day and told her I wanted to know that she ok and life good etc. Her general reaction is life isn't good but she has to face it herself you can't face it for me. She is still with guy but doesn't say anything positive about him or mention him at all. When I said I missed her acknowledged that it took her a long time to get over me but that she over me now (didn't sound like it but she was clear about not wanting me back). She doesn't want me calling but gave me email. Sent her an email on some issues of hers that I never encouraged her to face when we dating and said lets meet as my B-day pressenet for drinks and conversation in a few months. I am cool not contacting her again or at least not till next year.

So I see her bf at the gym and he is giving me the whole alpha I hate you vibe. I don't want to do the ex who wants to fight the current bf vibe. Basically I want to be alpha enough that I can see the two of them and not run into the alpha pissing contest even if that is what he wants. He seems to give off the boyfriend who wants to fight the ex vibe. How can I give him the vibe that I am totally unconcerned with his threats without making any threats of my own? If it comes down to it I can take this guy pretty easily but I don't want to do that as the girl won't like it. He also wants to stop just short of physical combat as the girl won't like it. But he thinks I am beta and she thinks it too (said I lack confidence ), so status quo isn't really working for me. He is physically a bit stronger and stronger looking but I have a background in martial arts and can take him if need be.

I see him at the gym seperate from her at times and he does the staring thing. So changing the relationship with him can occur without her present. He postures at the gym enough that I don't need to do anything to get him to act for me to re-act. I would prefer not to be the one who starts anything as that isn't where I want to be. I don't want to fight him but I am not afraid to do it if he starts it. I just want him to know that he can't posture with impunity regarding fighting. My ex is not a cheater but she seems like she would like to have another option other than this guy for a LTR. She is very submissive though and I wonder if he is intimidating her in the relationship as that seems to be the only way he can act towards me and his jelousy fits abusive personallity.

Anyway any thoughs would be appriciated. I know its AFC to want a single girl but the too beta is a trend with me that has cost me the relationships I most treasure (not just this one) so I want to fix this problem before I meet the next girl I really like. There is enough residual emotion from the ex that I am not totally pissing in the wind on that score either (although I am partially pissing in the wind lol). She has never described him in a positive way to me and clearly misses some aspects of our relationship. But I suspect she has said some pretty negative things about me to him as well.

OK here is what I want.

1) Best strategy for getting the girl. I am thinking it is not callling but being friendly when I see her which I will 2-3 time a year. She has said several times that she will call me. When I first met her she had a bf and a rocky relationship with him. She broke up with him and we dated for a short time then she got back with him and broke it off with me but called me months later when she was single. She is not a cheater and she had told him about me.
She was a FB for a long time but we have similiar humor and we really like each other on one level. I cheated on her which is part of where her anger is comming from. She will be in my top 10 life time women for a long long long time even without the oneitis.

2) I want a strategy that doesn't optomize for this girl at the expense of any other girls. I have oneites here but i have a few girls that I am dating so I am not totally AFC just 80%.

3) I want to communicate to this guy that he can marry her and live happily ever after if he wants but if he ever hits her I will beat him like a drum. Honestly if she was happy with him I think I could move on but she really seems like she isn't. They break up a lot but that is a function of her and her issues cause she did it with me and guy before me too.

4) I want a good long term strategy cause she knows my cousin and I will be seeing her in the future. This is the only woman I have ever been into who I can fall out of love with and then want to get back together with. If this guy were out of the picture my long term odds are actually pretty good. Unless I am too AFC/beta to take advantage of them.

OK flame away guys...

Reaction score
You are going to get your ass killed trying to be an Alpha-male!!!
Then you are going to be a Dead-male!!!!

Why are you willing to fight for a hor???

Don't be captain-sav-a-ho!!!!

Get a life of your own and let others live theirs!!!!!!!

How old are you?

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my time with this girl. You are a good looking successful guy, you should have the world by the balls at this point. I am sure there are thousands of single girls out there who are dying to meet someone like you; particularly if you master DJ skills.

If this girl wants to stay with the jerk, then its her loss not yours.
I would suggest just move on, don't fall into the AFC trap of acting as the humanitarian to win her over. That NEVER works.

Meeting new attractive available girls will change your whole perspective of things. Its hard to imagine now, but believe me, it works. We have all been through this crap before.

DJnomore

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK this is what I expected but I still need the advice...

OK here is my pattern.

I get a girl (easy I have several FB types at the moment). Then either I decide they not good enough for long term relationship or I fall too hard and go all beta on them. I guess I am an AFC with options =).

I need to practice being an ******* because that isn't me in the past. I don't want to fight anyone but there must be non-violent ways that reconfigure the "pecking order" with other guys once they think they are able to push you around. We all talk about standing up for yourselves but that is really a grey area not a black and white. The lowest socio economic men all start fights over nothing because they are standing up for themselves etc.

What I am looking for is any insights on how to send the signal of being unconcerned with an alpha male projecting threats at you. I am not gonna seek out the bf but he seems to be seeking me out and i want advice on how to respond WITHOUT getting in a fight.

high desert dj

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you are wrong Real man you can become alpha male if you want to f*** what nature "intened."

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please stop refering to females as hors or simular derogatory terms, it emits both wrong signals and views and it's irritating to say the least.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJnomore:

You should work on your persona and your game. Read the Bible or review if you have already. Read some of the threads in the Archives. It all starts from within; building your confidence and conversational skills. Its not necessarily about becoming an alpha male, its just being a Don Juan i guess...

Don't refer to women as sluts or *****es etc., then you sound like most guys who are either insecure frustrated jerks (IFJ?) or an AFC. The IFJ's get girls who are trashy nutcases and the AFC's use their hands.

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've only got a few minutes, but here goes.

When you find a girl that you like and she sets up a date, then stays with her boyfriend instead, she's made a concious decision to stay with this other guy.

It's not about being alpha or beta. It's about being consistent with who you are. You don't change your personality to fit the needs of another girl.

I'm trying really hard to read between the lines of your thread. From what I understand, you want us to lay out a master plan for successful womanizing.

Here it is:

Assess your career. Are you enjoying your job? Are you doing it well and recognized for it? If not, why not?

Assess your appearance. Does it take a good thirty minutes for your feet to get wet in the shower? Go to the gym.

What are your hobbies? What do you do to stay out of trouble?
If you don't have something, find something.

You must have social proof. Read the bible to see what that means. Never eat alone if you can help it. Let girls see you with other girls.

Never put all your eggs in one basket. The more girls you know to ask out, the less they mean to you. They sense this and put on the charm to try and make you pick them first.

Not really what you wanted, but it was free. :)

Reaction score
Ok Kinetic, I shall lessen the frequency of using the 'hor' verbiage.

DJnomore, all you have to do to project an alpha male aura, in a non-violent way, is to stand ypur ground when threatened - you don't have to take anyone elses space but you do need to maintain yours, as well as maintain your dignity!

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Ok Kinetic, I shall lessen the frequency of using the 'hor' verbiage.

DJnomore, all you have to do to project an alpha male aura, in a non-violent way, is to stand ypur ground when threatened - you don't have to take anyone elses space but you do need to maintain yours, as well as maintain your dignity!
Thanks it was getting annoying and imo pointless :)

Conserning being an alpha... It's either something you are born (me) or it's something you become by a slow process. Do not, I repeat DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BE IT IF YOU AREN'T... It will come back and slap you so hard you'll cry.

NEVER EVER FAKE WHO YOU ARE.

DJnomore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Real Man
listen kid,

You either are an Alpha male or you are not.

You cant be what nature did not intend for you.

http://veepers01.budlight.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=67B25DAA-5FEF-11D8-ABA5-E3635E514682
I could say the same thing about being smart, goodlooking etc.

The truth is that you can become smarter. You can become better looking. You can be more assertive which is what I mean when I say alpha.

In any competition the guys at the top want to make it seem like they have a magic power that no one else can get. That is why math teachers teach math in a way that is very hard to understand and project it as something only smart people can learn. Why phychology professors invent a whole new meaning for words that you have to study and learn in order to talk about common sense things that we are all experts in etc.

What I am looking for is someone who is actually alpha to step forward and share what they would do. I don't mean someone who is kill the guy and end up in pound me in the ass prison alpha. I want advice from someone who can stand their ground get respect and still not hurt anyone alpha.

The Real Man

Banned
Reaction score
I am alpha.

You clearly are not. What i would do would not be natural to you. If you dont know what to do in that situation you aint alpha.

Be yourself. Accept yourself as an inferior male. Thats what nature intended. Look at the animal kingdom.......there are more betas than alpha....everyone cant become alpha. I was kicking ass in nursery. i was the toughest kid in school. i contnued. Noone messes with me.

Its natural fool.

DJnomore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big Pappy
I've only got a few minutes, but here goes.

*cut*
Not really what you wanted, but it was free. :)
My problem is that I can get girls. But I want to get the ONE girl. That one may change. But I want to be able to keep the girl once I get all AFC in a LTR. So far I can get them. Sleep with them if I want.

But what I want is to be able to fall in love with them and still keep them. I am cool with moving on to the next one but the same thing will happen.

I may be strange but I really could get laid every day of the week if i wanted but that just isn't what I want. I guess i crave the LTR with one girl with no backup. But whenever I pair down to that and it doesn't work out I regret losing all the FBs who get mad cause they know I left them to try and get with my ex. The ex changes but the pattern is the same.

I am trying to change my game to suit the next LTR girl. The odds are that the next one is not my ex. But there are higher odds of it being my ex than any other one girl as far as I know.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by DJnomore
My problem is that I can get girls. But I want to get the ONE girl. That one may change. But I want to be able to keep the girl once I get all AFC in a LTR. So far I can get them. Sleep with them if I want.

But what I want is to be able to fall in love with them and still keep them. I am cool with moving on to the next one but the same thing will happen.

Good for you. But this one is NOT THE ONE! Say it with me now...she is NOT THE ONE!!!

You LOST this one. Move on already.

DJnomore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Real Man
I am alpha.

You clearly are not. What i would do would not be natural to you. If you dont know what to do in that situation you aint alpha.

Be yourself. Accept yourself as an inferior male. Thats what nature intended. Look at the animal kingdom.......there are more betas than alpha....everyone cant become alpha. I was kicking ass in nursery. i was the toughest kid in school. i contnued. Noone messes with me.

Its natural fool.

The Real Man.

You are exibiting signs of penis envy.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJnomore
The Real Man.

You are exibiting signs of penis envy.
1) LMAO!!! "penis envy" Nice one.

2) The Real Man....you need to get some REAL balls. Putting others down, or in your case, deluding yourself, is not the way to develop confidence. You seem like one of those people who are tough online, but are nothing in real life. Just improve yourself. Don't go around thinking your better than other people. That's not alpha. That's epsilon-fuctard.

3) DJNomore....yea, you get these one-itis posts...but you know, not all them are true...cuz if they were, then we'd just go around ****ing w/o reproducing/settling down. If you really want her back. Don't do things to reinforce the bad **** she or he is saying about you. live you life and try to better yourself, with becoming a better citizen of society as your main goal. Trying to impress her will get you no where. You are doing good by not putting her boyfriend down and stuff. Prove that you are BETTER.

I personally do not think this is one-itis since he is living his life and doesn't beg on her doorstep/mold his lifestyle around hers. Just 2 cents from a 15 yr old (that's a disclaimer). Good luck.

DJnomore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector

Don't do things to reinforce the bad **** she or he is saying about you. live you life and try to better yourself, with becoming a better citizen of society as your main goal. Trying to impress her will get you no where. You are doing good by not putting her boyfriend down and stuff. Prove that you are BETTER.

I know its been said before but I got a lot out of that post =)

You have convinced me that I will not win by being more like the guy who beats me. Rather I win by being more like me. I think I have seen the light and become too alpha to worry about sometimes being beta.